Mario Kart Tour

As I play through it more, I think it is better to think of it as a score attack game instead of a racing game, it becomes really fun that way.
I wonder if Beta Testers will get some sort of reward for the final version

What I want to know is why this game has an obsession with Mario Kart 7. I'd also like to point out this is the 5th f****** time they've made SNES Rainbow Road. 5th!

WeirdDave13 said:
What I want to know is why this game has an obsession with Mario Kart 7

id imagine because mario kart 7 assets are really easy to port for phones. mario kart 7's model and texture quality is essentially phone quality for them, so models don't need to be downscaled as hard.

hell, the characters in this game are pretty much downscaled mario kart 8 models, complete with smaller, identical textures

i feel like it's a bit unfair to compare this game to the console mario karts. of course it's going to be diet mario kart, it's on a phone using software not in-house developed by nintendo, and it's still technically a free game to boot (hopefully nintendo doesn't change that model drastically so that it it leeches more money off of you though). i think asking for new tracks, characters, and karts is asking a bit much for the game, and hell under my standards, Baby Luigi in a Blue Seven racing on Shy Guy Bazaar is technically a new experience for me.

i dunno, i know that Baby Luigi is clouding my judgement very heavily but he's a huge contributing factor to why i'm looking forward to this, despite the gacha bs

I can guarantee you, even if the game sucks ass, you can't argue that its gonna make a lot of money. It says Mario, so why the f*** not.

Even if they went full on Activision and EA, they will make a ton of money. Lootboxes and other gacha schemes in a $60(!!!) game didn't prevent Star Wars Battlefront 2 from printing tons of money.

Princess Mario said:
Even if they went full on Activision and EA, they will make a ton of money. Lootboxes and other gacha schemes in a $60(!!!) game didn't prevent Star Wars Battlefront 2 from printing tons of money.

Not lootboxes! Loot pipes! Because that's innovation.

J — Pony Disguise said:
And Belgium would get on the potential that has as gambling.
Reminds me, I think the VC versions of NSMB and SM64DS got 12+ age ratings in Europe because of Luigi's minigames being considered "simulated gambling". Wonder what they'd say about Mario Kart Tour, with its loot pipes being considered a form of "real gambling". 16+?

yes.

the people that you played as in the demo are apparently not real people, but CPU characters with random kart combinations and nicknames.

So it was single player all along with AI.

i assume this is because its just a demo though.

Thinking on it, I'm skeptical that they would have actual online interaction for the beta. But then, I know nothing about mobile/online game betas, so I could be completely wrong.

EC715p6VAAAtc6M

EC76P6_XsAEdL9G.jpg%3Alarge

look at that monster's mouth, did they literally grabbed his lower jaw bone and moved it down rather than rotating it

I was literally about to post and point this out lol.

Yeah hopefully they listened to at least SOME of the feedback, but considering the gacha elements in Dr. Mario World it's doubtful they changed much besides gameplay (EDIT: not to say that changing gameplay is bad).

Screenshot_20190826-210945_Google_Play_Store.jpg
Screenshot_20190826-210956_Google_Play_Store.jpg
unknown.png

this golden mario is wearing a fedora in which appears to be a new track

also digging the taxi car

well the thing is, the pose itself isn't terrible and it looks as professional as what you would expect from the render company that made the characters in this style. as well as the lighting and what not.

it's just that the mouth...it looks like a goddamn rookie error and it's extremely jarring in comparison to everything else.

Back