Mario Kart Tour

was that ripped from the game?

Baby Mario in Mario Kart Double Dash going "ENN NA NAAAAAA!" Every time he scores a hit makes him the cutest baby

Striker Luigi said:
Tbh Baby Rosalina is the cutest of the babies

CSP_MSS_Baby_Luigi.png

fight me

I have powers strong against Mary Sues and dumb plot devices on my side.

I have the editor.

Swiftie_Luma said:
someone else with the beta says theres no paywalls now

idk what to believe but if it doesnt maybe this game is decent
Hi I'm late but I can clarify, there's currently no buying any items in the game with actual money, because it's the beta run. That option will exist in the future, it seems. Thankfully, from what I've played so far, the game is pretty rewarding in terms of coins and emeralds it supplies to you. I'm about five cups in and have not encountered any issues in that regard.

Obviously I've been playing the beta, so if anybody has any other clarifying questions, feel free to ask

EDIT: I also realize I might have misunderstood what "paywall" meant, so I can clarify that as well

Princess Mario said:
I don't care if Fire Emblem makes 400 million and this game makes 60 million, 60 million is still a goddamn success.

That would be nice and all if this wasnt Mario Kart.

Mario Kart is a system seller game and overall is and always should be more successful than a franchise like FE.

The fact that FE Heroes sold waaaay more than SMR is already embarassing for Nintendo with the Mario brand, imagine if Mario Kart fails to compete with it also ... big yikes.

Roserade said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
someone else with the beta says theres no paywalls now

idk what to believe but if it doesnt maybe this game is decent
Hi I'm late but I can clarify, there's currently no buying any items in the game with actual money, because it's the beta run. That option will exist in the future, it seems. Thankfully, from what I've played so far, the game is pretty rewarding in terms of coins and emeralds it supplies to you. I'm about five cups in and have not encountered any issues in that regard.

Obviously I've been playing the beta, so if anybody has any other clarifying questions, feel free to ask

EDIT: I also realize I might have misunderstood what "paywall" meant, so I can clarify that as well

there seems to be a energy system or ''lives'' system, in which if you run out of lives (i assume by playing a lot) you need to way xxx amoung of hours to play again or you can pay real money for those lives.

thats' trash.

Swiftie_Luma said:

Mario Kart is a system seller game and overall is and always should be more successful than a franchise like FE.

The fact that FE Heroes sold waaaay more than SMR is already embarassing for Nintendo with the Mario brand, imagine if Mario Kart fails to compete with it also ... big yikes.
Yeah but Fire Emblem Heroes selling more than Super Mario Run isn't anything to be proud of. It just tells me that they successfully exploited a portion of players to keep shelling money. Microtransactions are definitely known to carry their weight in sales, even outdoing the money from selling copies. Nintendo sees all that dough raked in through bullshit practices, they will probably be more relentless now. I guess your point was that Nintendo will try capitalizing on brand name more but it's not embarrassing that Super Mario Run was less successful than Fire Emblem as it is just sad and also hair pulling frustration of both enablers and the exploiters.

Swiftie_Luma said:
there seems to be a energy system or ''lives'' system, in which if you run out of lives (i assume by playing a lot) you need to way xxx amoung of hours to play again or you can pay real money for those lives.

thats' trash.
That is indeed a system, but again, I found my energy replenished easily through general leveling up systems and placing well in races, so I never encountered an issue with it. I'm not one to sit and play a mobile game for hours, though, so it might be an issue for somebody who plays that way.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Princess Mario said:
I don't care if Fire Emblem makes 400 million and this game makes 60 million, 60 million is still a goddamn success.

money is money and i don't think nintendo particularly cares if it's coming from racing games with talking humanoid mushrooms or waifu simulators. i doubt they believe any of their franchises should be more successful than others.

Shygul said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
Princess Mario said:

money is money and i don't think nintendo particularly cares if it's coming from racing games with talking humanoid mushrooms or waifu simulators. i doubt they believe any of their franchises should be more successful than others.

if they didn't they wouldn't have pointed out how Super Mario Run specifically did not meet their expectations in sales.

All i care about is that they don't screw us over as consumers, and thats why im glad people are letting Nintendo know how dissapointing the system they are using with MKT is.

My low expectations didn't fail me. I was more thinking the roster was going to be very bad but I guess in a way, it it still bad.

the game has no new characters or karts. no new tracks is pretty much the right expectations to have.

YoshiFlutterJump said:
Striker Luigi said:
You know what?

I’m just gonna say it.

The game is gonna suck ass
It would probably be a decent game on its own merits if it weren't for stupid microtransactions

Nintendo just wants the game to make money.

But, because of that, the game won’t make a lot.

the mobile market is very profitable that's why there's a lot of cynical cash grab games on there

mario kart tour is actually one of the tamer ones i've seen

Striker Luigi said:
Nintendo just wants the game to make money.

But, because of that, the game won’t make a lot.
With the world of unregulated capitalism, you only wish.

Back