Mario Tennis Aces

Moldomré: The Crossover Episode said:
BlueFire said:
King Boo could be a possible future character in this game.

Except that Fire Piranha Plant and Dry Bowser were confirmed as the last characters in the game.
Whoops, I did not even see that part.

ZelenPixel said:
thats. def weird but im willing to accept it
me on discord said:
now that we have 4654156 random mario enemies playable whens cappy. when is my boy allowed to be playable in spinoffs
IDK, but if we had a proper new Mario Kart, Nintendo would shill their newest platformer and maybe give that nudge for other spinoffs to follow suit; idk if I can establish a cause/effect relationship since Pauline is playable in this game, but Bowser Jr. and Rosalina had their follow-up playable appearance in a Mario Kart before they were playable in more spinoffs. I don't see much Super Mario Odyssey stuff in the Mairo spinoffs other than Smash Bros., but there aren't much new multiplayer Mario spinoffs to begin with. Super Mario Party? Mario Tennis Aces? Other new ones, we have too little information, but I doubt Luigi's Mansion 3 and Mario & Sonic will have too much Odyssey references, if any.

of course dry bowser is in this over the far more interesting wiggler. that rotting corpse just won't die wouldn't it

Ray Trace said:
of course dry bowser is in this over the far more interesting wiggler. that rotting corpse just won't die wouldn't it

Well it's clearly just an import of the one from the previous game. If anything this is probably just another PGP situation where if they didn't put Dry Bowser in we'd get nothing to replace it.

Well, R.I.P. Sprixie Princess, that's for sure.

In terms of costumes, we are going to get Bowser's tennis outfit next month, and the month following that there will be costumes for Wario and Waluigi's classic outfit, and then after that, Koopa Troopa and Koopa Paratroopa too. It's about time the Koopa Troopa get a recolour, since Mario Kart 8 skipped out on Koopa Troopa recolours.

D7yHlSeXsAMA5iq.jpg

D7yHnIQXoAEG2hp.jpg

Thank you for reading.

Bandana Waddle Dee said:
You mean Bowser can actually wear clothes for once?

Beyond cool.

What do you mean? He's already wore clothes before, you know, in Super Mario Odyssey.

pc-and-video-games-toys-to-life-amiibo-wedding-bowser-super-mario-odyssey-for-nintendo-switch.jpg

Thank you for reading.

I feel like I've seen that clothes look before. Not for Bowser specifically but another famous or semi-famous fictional character.

Instead of Mii costumes, put these costumes instead for Smash!

I'm not that fond of Bowser's shoes, though. They kinda clash with the casual attire and I think Bowser would look better without the shoes (or in sandals, lol). But I need to see more angles of the shoe before I can see if it looks like Wedding Bowser shoes or it's actually tennis shoes.

at the risk of sounding like a sjw with brain damage i still gotta rant about the lack of costumes for female characters.

It's a legit complain when characters that dont matter got costumes, the rest were excluded. How come Rosalina didn't get a costume... not even Peach herself.

oh well i guess everything in that budget went with the new nike shoes and they didn't have more money to spent.

terrible choices.

I think female characters should have options, but you also have to empathize with the male humans, the naked males, and the naked ambiguous characters when the females constantly got shorts, sports dresses, leotards, and winter coats. Mario was absolutely stuck with his sweaty overalls for, like, forever (Strikers being mostly an exception), and I was stoked when he had some fresh clothes and a nice visor.

Toadette getting a tennis outfit made me realise that besides those relating to Captain Toad (including Super Mario Odyssey), she doesn't have a change of clothes in any other game.

Thank you for reading.

technically her first design from double dash(which i looked up wasnt in game??) which is also the one used in pmttyd is a lil different from the design she uses now... but really it doesnt matter
really though compare the colors on her i never even noticed that...
Toad_and_Toadette_-_Mario_Kart_Double_Dash.png

SherbetLand1-GP-MKDD.png
to not derail the topic i dont think ive seen her tennis outift? hows it look like

Finally gotten the requirements to unlock costumes. If you are are unaware, which no doubt would happen since a lot of you don't play this game, you now only require 1000 points to get the costume, rather than 2000 which was required in the past few months. I think even the Boo challenge has a reduction in points too. This could be chalked up to a lack of activity, so I expect the 1000 point requirement to stay for the next two months.

Despite this, I had a miserable experience. I lost more than I won, and I fluctuated between C+ and B- with the threshold being 2500 points. The worst part in struggling is that I only gained 3 points after beating another player, but on the bright side, my last game had a very huge hike, at 57 points of increase and securing my spot in B-. It's not much, but starting from Semi-Finals makes earning points a bit faster.

ZelenPixel said:
to not derail the topic i dont think ive seen her tennis outift? hows it look like

D44dJSSWwAcBwG3.jpg

In my opinion, seeing Toads dressed differently from the norm highlights how oddly proportion they really are. As an example, their "pants" don't have leggings so you can't tell if it's supposed to be long pants or short pants (common sense says it's the latter), and their feet being so close to their bottom make them look even younger than a baby is.

Thank you for reading.

I got this on Saturday. I like it (still haven't been able to update it due to trashy internet).

But DANGIT THIS STORY MODE WON'T GIMME A BREAK. Too dang hard.

winstein said:
In my opinion, seeing Toads dressed differently from the norm highlights how oddly proportion they really are. As an example, their "pants" don't have leggings so you can't tell if it's supposed to be long pants or short pants (common sense says it's the latter), and their feet being so close to their bottom make them look even younger than a baby is.
I mean, Toad's don't really have legs to begin with, so there's not much point to have pant legs.

J — Pony Disguise said:
winstein said:
I mean, Toad's don't really have legs to begin with, so there's not much point to have pant legs.
Indeed. In fact, their "pants" reminds me of diapers for this very reason.

Thank you for reading.

Star-Lord said:
Never mention diapers to me.

I’ve seen things no 13 year old is supposed to see
!!

Well, we got another plant. Who wants to bet on Thing from the Addams Family as the next DLC character?

Well, I'm pretty disappointed about Dry Bowser being a literal copy-paste of Bowser. Same animations, same everything. Even his voice is just a slowed down version.

Oh well. It's the end of the journey. I would have liked to see Baby Mario in the game. Good roster overall, but I think the final name of the game should have been Mario Enemies Tennis.

Back