Mario Tennis Aces

memoryman3 said:
More ball control and faster ball speed. Shots also have more curve to them.
I suppose Power Tennis has more control, don't remember. What I do remember is that Power Tennis has significantly slower ball speed. Especially the serves. It's nearly impossible to service ace in Mario Power Tennis. I don't think there's as much of a speed difference when you volley with Luigi in, say, Ultra Smash (which looks really fast) compared to volleying with Luigi in Power Tennis.

New Play control Mario Power Tennis doesnt support GCN controllers or classic ones, thats the whole point of that port.

Princess Mario said:
memoryman3 said:
More ball control and faster ball speed. Shots also have more curve to them.
I suppose Power Tennis has more control, don't remember. What I do remember is that Power Tennis has significantly slower ball speed. Especially the serves. It's nearly impossible to service ace in Mario Power Tennis. I don't think there's as much of a speed difference when you volley with Luigi in, say, Ultra Smash (which looks really fast) compared to volleying with Luigi in Power Tennis.
From what I've seen, Power Tennis still uses MT64 system of stances: depending on where the ball is when you start charging, your character will prepare one of three possible variants of the shots: forehand, backhand or overhead. This affects both the automatic jumps that the character is able to make to reach the ball in extreme cases (either lateral or vertical) and the resulting shots. As an example, the Smash is just a forehead Flat Shot, and can be executed outside of the star-marked area, provided your character reaches the ball:
VkvzZ2g.gif

This system is incredibly versatile, and from what I've seen it was canned since Mario Tennis Open, to the point that in Ultra Smash Classic Tennis Simple still has chance shot areas for Smashes to allow said shots to be performed.
Ultra Smash seems indeed the faster game - in fact, an Ultra Smash with the stance system as alternative option to Chance Shots, with (Ultra) Smashes that can be charged anywhere, looks very intriguing to me, I wonder what they'll do in Aces Classic Tennis modes since they fully removed chance shot areas in the main mode shown in the latest trailer.

Easter Yoshi said:
Power Tennis GCN on Amazon

insanity

Power Tennis Wii on Amazon

unbelievably cheap

Tennis Aces on Amazon

seems reasonable

In case you don’t want to click on links:
Power Tennis GCN=$200
Power Tennis Wii=$15
Tennis Aces=$60

Power Tennis Wii wins by a lot.
I payed 25 bucks for my GameCube version of Power Tennis. It's cheaper to buy it used. Heck buying used games is cheaper. I bought it at a used game store GameSwap in 2014.

winstein said:
I suppose Spike is a strange choice and one that's not being clamoured by most of us Mario fans, but I don't mind some new faces every now and then. I mean, Chain Chomp is a very nice surprise because you never expect Chain Chomp as a playable character.

Thank you for reading.
Well I don't mind new faces either. But only if all the old faces we know and love are there as well. The fact that Spike is in the game but Diddy or Birdo might not be is ridiculous.

I can easily imagine his power shot. Maybe like Petey Piranha's one in Mario Power Tennis?

https://nintendotreehouse.tumblr.com/post/172897447207/mario-tennis-aces-with-great-power-comes-great
Why is Waluigi so amazing?
Also, did not expect them to reference the Mecha Hand from NSMBU.

Bowser Jr. became a defensive character, something that should've happened at Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, where he was incredibly broken. I hope this time, Bowser Jr.'s thankfully balanced.

Oh boy, I'll need a new towel after this

after wiping my tears of joy off my face

now can we update the sound bank, please.

No? Ok.

Treehouse is doing segments to showcase character types.

The best comes at the end by the pattern, aka Tricky and Speedy.

Rosalina and company will shine soon.

The ones left are Toad, Yoshi, Rosalina and Boo. The former two are Speedy while the latter two are Tricky. Maybe Spike could be shown if we're lucky. Personally it's not the best batch for me.

For me the best is the middle of the pack due to showcasing six characters, which include Wario and Waluigi in their cool new outfits, Chain Chomp getting the spotlight, and more important, Waluigi showing off how cool he is.

Thank you for reading.

Easter Yoshi said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
i am waiting patiently for the worst.

But maybe we'll get a surprise.
Wow, you need to start looking at the bright side of things.

To be fair, Rosalina's voice has degraded because of the change in voice actresses.

Also, please remove the gif on the left in your signature, Swiftie. It's too distracting. It makes it hard to read posts. Put something there that isn't too distracting.

Easter Yoshi said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
i am waiting patiently for the worst.

But maybe we'll get a surprise.
Wow, you need to start looking at the bright side of things.

Considering that Nintendo has done nothing to improve this area in recent years then i think i'll stay as i am.

Also, please remove the gif on the left in your signature, Swiftie. It's too distracting. It makes it hard to read posts. Put something there that isn't too distracting.

No.

Easter Yoshi said:
Cheeze said:
You know that you can turn off sigs, right?

Even if I did know, this still shouldn't be a problem. I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one who finds that gif distracting and I'm willing to bet Swiftie knows what she's doing and I don't like it. Par for the course for her.

Cheeze said:
Easter Yoshi said:
Cheeze said:
You know that you can turn off sigs, right?

Even if I did know, this still shouldn't be a problem. I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one who finds that gif distracting and I'm willing to bet Swiftie knows what she's doing and I don't like it. Par for the course for her.

I find gifs distracting as well, as most gifs are. But I'm not going to tell someone to change their signature based on my own personal preference. If it is rule breaking (in this case, it isn't), you can message a mod. Swiftie Luma doesn't need to change her signature and she'll change it at her discretion, she's also not the only one with gifs in her signature. Please stay on topic.

I realize we have yet to see any of the Baby characters, so I'd like to see Baby Mario and Baby Luigi get in. Birdo, Paratroopa, and Shy Guy need to return as well. Also glad that standard tournaments return, but I also wonder if Star Characters will too.

Captain America said:
Half the people on this forum have gifs in their sig. I don't know why you're calling out Swiftie in particular.

Because her's is the most distracting one that I've seen so far. And no, it has nothing to do with our beef on GameFAQs. The way that gif moves is too distracting.

Oh trust me i know why he is calling me out specifically.

Either way , to adress this to the ending point , i will just say that it's a bit much of a complain. My signature has been this banner with these 2 Rosalina gifs for a while now, so it's beyond me why you have suddenly a problem with it or why you say ''Swiftie knows what she's doing and I don't like it.''

Im staying on topic, and you should too, end of the discussion.

----------------------

I realize we have yet to see any of the Baby characters, so I'd like to see Baby Mario and Baby Luigi get in. Birdo, Paratroopa, and Shy Guy need to return as well. Also glad that standard tournaments return, but I also wonder if Star Characters will too.

It's because , to me at least, Camelot is trying to include out of the blue enemies and not requested or expected characters.

I would be happy to see Baby Mario , Baby Luigi, Birdo or Diddy Kong , but chances are we aren't getting any of these.

Swiftie_Luma said:

It's because , to me at least, Camelot is trying to include out of the blue enemies and not requested or expected characters.

I would be happy to see Baby Mario , Baby Luigi, Birdo or Diddy Kong , but chances are we aren't getting any of these.

I'll admit, I completely forgot about Diddy Kong :(

Having playable enemies in spin-off titles is probably the best place to have playable enemies outside of Super Mario Odyssey, so it makes sense. But not including a fan-favorite character and/or characters that were in the series before will always raise some complaints. RIP DK Jr.

But I guess they got to cap it somewhere. Can't have a 100+ character tennis tournament! ...Can we?

Back