What characters do you want for Smash?

Oh boy, this is active again. Piranha Plant: Would you main them?

• Show our leafy lord and savior some respect! / Heck yea!

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • They're a cool addition, but probably not.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Nani? Bakana!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I MIGHT not, we'll have to wait and see.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope. It's a stupid addition.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • *Insert long copypasta about how the Grinch Leak was false.*

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I honestly have no opinion on this.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
I think the most Cappy will get is a trophy.

My 3rd party picks considering the game might have a lot of 3rd party representation.

Sonic
Knuckles
Mega Man
PAC Man
Ryu
Bayonetta
Cloud
Sora
Rayman
Travis Touchdown
Dragonborn
Shovel Knight
Banjo Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot

Would have added a Konami rep but they’re the Japanese EA now so it’s highly unlikely, though I would love Simon Belmont added.

Everyone who suggests Ribbon Girl as an alt for Spring Man must have never played ARMS before. Those two characters have very different abilities and animations. I can't picture the graceful twirling Ribbon Girl moving like Spring Man.

If Spring Man is going to have an alt it would obviously be Springtron.

https://armswiki.org/wiki/Springtron

Easter Yoshi said:
Of course we all want Master Hand as a character; we haven’t seen him since Melee!

And add Crazy Hand while you’re at it.

Master Hand was only playable via a glitch in Melee, but as for his chances and Crazy Hand's, most likely be returning as bosses in Classic mode and Adventure Mode if Adventure mode is going to happen.

King David said:
Easter Yoshi said:
Of course we all want Master Hand as a character; we haven’t seen him since Melee!

And add Crazy Hand while you’re at it.

Master Hand was only playable via a glitch in Melee, but as for his chances and Crazy Hand's, most likely be returning as bosses in Classic mode and Adventure Mode if Adventure mode is going to happen.
I know, I was joking that Nintendo would respond to this glitch and make Master Hand normally playable.

i actually want waluigi in, unironically
bandana dee would be great too, and he seems to have great moveset potential
paper mario also sounds like a great idea but seems unlikely as well

My list of new characters that I want has grown a lot bigger since I last posted, so here's the new list.

Returning (Weren't in Smash 4):

• Ice Climbers
    Pokemon Trainer
    Wolf

New First-Party Characters:

• Bandanna Waddle Dee
    Chibi-Robo
    Dixie Kong
    Excitebike Guy
    K. Rool
    Mike Jones
    Ridley
    Tetra/Toon Zelda
    Toad

New Third-Party Characters:

• Banjo-Kazooie
    Bomberman
    Crash Bandicoot
    Doom Guy
    Earthworm Jim
    James Pond
    Rayman
    Shovel Knight
    Spyro
    Yooka-Laylee

Besides Waluigi which I have already mentioned, I have the following I would love to see:
- Slippy Toad: I think Slippy is the most unique of the Star Fox crew, so him having a playable chance allowed more diversification among the Star Fox characters, even more so than Wolf, who many people view as being similar to Fox despite being somewhat different. Besides, Slippy's got Star Fox Guard to fall back on for material. (Not related to Toad from Super Mario Bros.)
- Tingle: Another unique Zelda character, and one that's appears several times. He's even got his own games, so in case the arbitrary "must have your own game" rule ever comes up, Tingle's got them.
- Mallo: The Pushmo playable character will bring Sumo moves to the playfield, for he's a sumo-based character in case one wants to have sumo fighters in Smash
- Dillon: The character has an incredible character design, as are his friends that include Nomad the sniper squid (predating Splatoon's Inklings). Due to that, a Smash popularity boost is what is needed for Dillon to become well-known.
- Style Savvy lady: Style Savvy is a strange fit due to the focus on fashion, but it would be an eccentric choice.
- Wonder Red: Let's bring the other notable new Nintendo property from Wii U as a new fighter! (in case you can't tell, the new Nintendo property I alluded to is Splatoon)
- Chibi-Robo: Although it might be it for this miniature automaton to get new games, Chibi-Robo is still a charming robot who does things, and now we know his plug can be weaponised!
- Spring Man: It's likely that ARMS will only be included as a downloadable character, but if there's one character that is the face of the newest franchise, it's Spring Man.
- Sukapon: Sukapon was off limits back in the Melee days due to legal issues, but with Sukapon no longer being in legal purgatory and is now Nintendo-based, we could have our very first limbless fighter! (assuming Rayman didn't get in first)
- Commander Video: The only indie character that had a Smash trophy in Smash 4, Commander Video's a largely Nintendo-centric franchise due to the bit.Trip series starting on WiiWare and Runner3 being Switch exclusive. He has the entire bit.Trip history to base his moves around.
- Shantae: I wouldn't mind Shantae getting in, given her origins (started on Game Boy Colour). I am not sure the original game is owned by the very company that created the property since there's no Virtual Console version of the original yet.

Thank you for reading.

Since nobody has suggested this character, I shall be the first. Puyo Puyo is one of Sega's best properties despite inheriting from another company (Compile), and since it's performed strongly on Nintendo's platforms, the series would do well with a representation, and it would be none other than Arle Nadja!

I doubt Arle will be a popular choice around these parts, so I can't see support being strong. Even though I prefer other Puyo Puyo character, the main character is thus far the only one that stars in every Puyo Puyo games save for those peculiar licensed games like Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine or that Gundam one. She might even have Carbuncle along with her, and it might be operated similar to Luma. Interestingly, the character who is analogous to Rosalina and Luma is a different Puyo character (hint: she's a teacher).

Thank you for reading.

If Travis Touchdown is playable, I want Jasper’s office to be a stage, and considering how infamous of a boss he is in No More Heroes 2, I want him to be a stage hazard.

Glass Joe.

He'd be the Dan Hibiki of the franchise.

Kinda hard to say right now since we have no idea how they'll play yet. But I assume I'm probably not going to use them too much. But the Inklings are very deserving and I welcome them to Smash with open arms for sure.

They're probably going to be that character I fight with (not even fight as) once and then rarely pick again, kind of how Mewtwo was for me.

supermariofan said:
Hello Kitty and Shaun the Sheep.........Because Mario Maker.

Building upon this, make the Mystery Mushroom an item and have whoever touches it turn into a different character, but still act like themselves. Sort of like those moveswap mods.

Regarding the poll, can't tell if they'll be a new main (have to actually play the game first), but they look like fun so far.

As much as I would like it, this character may be wishful thinking, Darios from Fire Emblem Warriors.
As for the poll the Inklings are a good choice, but I probably won't main them.

Back