What characters do you want for Smash?

Oh boy, this is active again. Piranha Plant: Would you main them?

• Show our leafy lord and savior some respect! / Heck yea!

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • They're a cool addition, but probably not.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Nani? Bakana!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I MIGHT not, we'll have to wait and see.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope. It's a stupid addition.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • *Insert long copypasta about how the Grinch Leak was false.*

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I honestly have no opinion on this.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
I'm a Captain Toad fan and I have accepted that he won't be in and hoping he'll be in will be setting up for disappointment.

Your turn, Waluigi fans.

Deku said:
See the Toon Link comparison doesn't work because he was a vet. Captain Toad would be a newcomer. Why would Sakurai add Caotain Toad to a stage if he knew he was planning on making him playable.
Actually, you've got a point there. So much for that, I guess.

Well hey.

There are other characters that have potential.

But man the Skull Kid debate is actually a thing now, just a few days after the direct. But tbh, the background thing actually somewhat convinces me: If you had to look at the background behind Sakurai during E3 you would guess that the barrel, the wood textures, and the color palette of the books really hinted at King K. Rool. And then next direct, he is announced. And people seem to believe that this time, all signs point to Skull Kid having a shot.

I'm not exactly expecting Skull Kid, for say, but if he gets in, it would be amazing how well the people on the internet know how to guess these kinds of things. If not, oh well.

But I'd still welcome Skull Kid or any new Zelda character with widely open arms.

I think Skull Kid has a lot going for him, even ignoring the background stuff which I think is Ridley in the clouds level of reaching.

1. He's popular. This is honestly the biggest thing. Every new character announced so far has been a big fan favorite. King K. Rool and Ridley are the most noteworthy examples. But Simon and Inkling are also heavy hitters with sizable fanbases. Even the echoes add to this. Chrom, Dark Samus, and Daisy are all popular and apparently Richter is huge in Japan. Skull Kid is one of the most popular Zelda characters and was a big name in the Brawl speculation days.

2. The lack of his assist trophy, plus the Moon. While there are still many assist trophies from past games yet to be shown, Skull Kid has survived the first two assist trophy bloodbaths, while others like Ashley, Bomberman, Takamaru, and Krystal weren't as lucky. The decision to make the Moon an assist is interesting. I don't think Sakurai would double up on Majora's Mask representation for assist trophies. Even if he's not playable, I wouldn't be shocked if the assist trophy is just gone entirely.

3. Zelda hasn't gotten a newcomer since Brawl, and that was essentially a new version of a new character from Melee. Zelda could use some more love. Skull Kid plus an Impa echo for Sheik would be fantastic.

If he gets in, his final smash will definitely be having something to do with Majora's Wrath.

Or, even if the Moon is an assist trophy, he could have some characters witness the apocalypse on Termina like in the Game Over cutscene, to get them blown away by the explosion.

We also haven't seen Young Link's final smash yet. If it's Fierce Deity they could be saving it to reveal alongside Skull Kid.

Now watch them just give Young Link Triforce Slash.

If it was TriForce Slash, I think they would've shown it before, since it's just a Final Smash being ported to another character. All of Luigi, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Peach (and probably Daisy), and all of the other characters whose Final Smashes weren't revealed yet, aside Robin, have Final Smashes that are unique to them. So I don't know. I think even Richter will have a Final Smash that's different from Simon's.

Nearly every franchise has been getting new characters left and right, it’s likely Elma or Rex (or even both) will be new Xenoblade reps, Shadow will most likely be in as a Sonic echo, even Olimar got Alph as an alt, and Captain Falcon is like “Man that’s bullshit! I have more games than Mother and Kid Icarus for fuck’s sake!”

The thing is, they're not really giving to these series because they don't have much, only because those characters are heavily requested and fit quite well with the rest of the cast.

I can't see anyone from F-Zero aside Captain Falcon in the roster for example. Same thing with Olimar, since everyone from his home series would just be a clone. If they wanted a unique fighter, they could get, I don't know, Plasm Wraith?

Yeah when you look at it in this way, it really looks like some franchise are doing just fine with one rep.

Deku said:
See the Toon Link comparison doesn't work because he was a vet. Captain Toad would be a newcomer. Why would Sakurai add Caotain Toad to a stage if he knew he was planning on making him playable.
does being a vet or newcomer in this situation really matter tho

Why would he be planning to put Toon Link as stage background if he was already playable?

See it doesn't make sense in both ways.

Lucario said:
Why would he be planning to put Toon Link as stage background if he was already playable?

See it doesn't make sense in both ways.
Don’t forget the beast from Monster Hunter being both a boss AND assist trophy and Palkia being both a Pokeball Pokémon and stage hazard on Spear Pillar.

What if Peach pulls a Brawl Dedede and summons a whole army of Toads for her new Final Smash? Assuming that it's a quick KO move now and is no longer Peach Blossom.

Rain of Peaches that damage would be cool actually, AND the put people to sleep, AND they heal.

Well anything to make it better if they keep the Final Smash itself
Now for Daisy...

I really think that a Shadow echo fighter is likely (unless his assist has been seen already) and I'd use Shadow more than Sonic anyway cause Shadow is bad%$#.

His assist has yet to be seen. At this point, he is pretty likely, since we know third-parties can get echoes thanks to Richter.

Then again, I kinda would prefer he didn't appear as an echo, because he has potential as his own fighter, but whatever they do, I’m ok. I mean, if I'm ok with Lucario not having his Bone Rush, then I could be ok with anything as long as Bandana Dee is added.

Lucario said:
His assist has yet to be seen. At this point, he is pretty likely, since we know third-parties can get echoes thanks to Richter.

Then again, I kinda would prefer he didn't appear as an echo, because he has potential as his own fighter, but whatever they do, I’m ok. I mean, if I'm ok with Lucario not having his Bone Rush, then I could be ok with anything as long as Bandana Dee is added.

I'm not quite convinced yet Shadow is going to be playable even as just an Echo Fighter, at least not in the base game. Richter's inclusion makes him look more likely but I don't know. I could also see a scenario that Knuckles simply replaced him and at least base game wise he has less of a role. And then when DLC starts, he'll be among any DLC Echo Fighters they add. I just have this strange feeling that despite Richter getting in, they may wait to include Shadow as an echo. (The absolute dream scenario for me, would be him being packaged with a semi-clone Tails DLC of course)

Moldomré said:
I'd use Shadow more than Sonic anyway cause Shadow is bad%$#.

NRnKmnE.png

I want Roll and Maria Renard. I want them to be female representations of their own franchises (Roll for Mega Man and Maria Renard for Castlevania). In addition I want Roll to have all her outfits from Mega Man Powered Up and I want Maria Renard to be based off her 17 year old SOTN design which more unique and makes her stand out from Peach and Daisy.

Back