What characters do you want for Smash?

Oh boy, this is active again. Piranha Plant: Would you main them?

• Show our leafy lord and savior some respect! / Heck yea!

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • They're a cool addition, but probably not.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Nani? Bakana!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I MIGHT not, we'll have to wait and see.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope. It's a stupid addition.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • *Insert long copypasta about how the Grinch Leak was false.*

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I honestly have no opinion on this.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
I am also hoping that Waluigi could get in, even though it seems unlikely, and there are detractors who will give a hundred and one reasons to say that he's not Smash material. In general, underdog picks are my favourite type of pick, so stuff like Pac-man (he's famous but he's an underdog in a sense that he's not seen as an essential playable material until his announcement), ROB and Game & Watch are really nice additions, so less popular franchises like Chibi Robo, Dillon and Mallo (Pushmo) would have my attention too.

Thank you for reading.

Johnny Five said:
Waluigi is still possible, even if very unlikely. People used to think Toon Link was deconfirmed in SSB4 until Alfonzo solved the problem. And if any character were to be the first to defy all odds and get in as both playable and assist, it would be Waluigi since being tricky is in his character. So he's still my third most wanted, and they haven't changed.
I don't think these scenarios are comparable. Toon Link on the Spirit Train is a non interactable stage element. Waluigi is an assist that attacks you and can be attacked. I mean, the Little Mac assist was removed when he became playable, so we know Sakurai doesn't want overlap on that front.

And if we want to be technical, the Link on Spirit Train is from Spirit Tracks and is a different Toon Link from the one that's playable who's from Wind Waker.

Updated List:
Characters that are unconfirmed:
  • Mike Jones (Startropics)
  • Rayman
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Bandanna Dee
  • Dixie Kong
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Tingle
  • Slime (Dragon Quest)
  • Excitebike Guy

Characters that have been confirmed:
  • K. Rool
  • Snake
  • Ridley
  • Wolf
  • Ice Climbers

Characters that have been deconfirmed:
  • Shovel Knight
  • Bomberman
  • Toad

there's a lot of character I'd enjoy but only listing my most wanted:

status unknown

- Dixie Kong
- Decidueye
- Isabelle
- ANYONE from Rhythm Heaven
- Isaac
- Chibi-Robo
- Andy
- Banjo & Kazooie

out of the running

- Meowth
- Bomberman

CONFIRMED

- King K. Rool
- Ridley
- Dark Samus
- Wolf
- Ice Climbers
- Snake
- Simon

Well let's revist this now.

Deku said:
1. King K. Rool
2. Impa
3. Isaac
4. Dixie Kong
5. Simon Belmont
6. Ashley
7. Decidueye
8. Captain Toad
9. Ganon
10. Bandana Dee

Updated standings:

1. Impa
2. Isaac
3. Dixie Kong
4. Decidueye
5. Ganon
6. Bandana Dee

So even though there's nearly zero chance of any of them now, my most wanted are still

1. Fawful
2. Paper Mario (N64-Wii inspired)
3. Waluigi, call me delusional but I'm not counting him out until Sakurai outright says he's out of the running like he did in Smash 4.

4. Geno, may have a higher chance thanks to Sakurai being interested in SSB4 and apparently Brawl, and having Square Enix on board from the start this time.

After that it really doesn't matter because their chances are so abysmal, but if for whatever reason they want a Paper Mario rep that isn't Paper Mario, I'd pick Dimentio, and I still like the idea of Wreck-it Ralph.

Moldomré said:
CAPTAIN TOAD.
N-O-W.

On a serious note, Geno would be a great addition.

completely removing all traces of Waluigi would be nice too...

Me: *see's Captain Toad in NDC* ...we could start a Rebellion!

Some other dude who disagrees: Meh, there's no hope now.

Me: Rebellions are built on hope!

Speaking of hope, I think Geno has even more of a chance now. (Seeing as they've added TWO third party characters.)

im at this weird point where basically no plausible newcomers would like
hype me up
except for Amaterasu or a Monster Hunter rep I guess but those are really unlikely

Why is there no option that is "THEY'RE AMAZING!" Just without the maining part. Because I'd watch that reveal trailer anytime.

RIP Shovel Knight as a playable character, but at least he is in Smash in some way or another, so I'd say that might give him a chance in the future. Nice first step, not many characters get to be assist trophies, since a lot of them end up as normal trophies.

The only characters I really want at this point tho are Bandana Dee, Captain Toad, Isabelle and to a lesser degree Impa. But I'm super happy with what they revealed us so far.

Kirby of the Stars said:
1. Waluigi (deconfirmed)
2. Bandana Waddle Dee (high chance)
3. Kamek (low chance)
4. Adeleine & Ribbon (pipe dream)
5. King K. Rool (confirmed)
6. Cranky Kong (moderate chance)
7. Dixie Kong (moderate chance)
8. Funky Kong (moderate chance)
9. Toadsworth (pipe dream)
10. Toadette (low chance)

Updated list:
1. Bandana Waddle Dee (moderate chance)
2. Kamek (low chance)
3. Adeleine & Ribbon (low chance)
4. Cranky/Dixie/Funky Kong (low chance for each)
5. Toadsworth (pipe dream)
6. Toadette (pipe dream)
7. Dr. Robotnik (moderate chance)
8. Tails (moderate chance)
9. Paper Mario (low chance)
10. Geno (pipe dream)

EDIT: Bumped Toadette down to "pipe dream" status, seeing that Captain Toad is deconfirmed. Also bumping Adeleine & Ribbon up to "low chance" status, as they still have some chance.

i just want banjo-kazooie. it's so much to ask for though. and uh... geno doesn't look unlikely to happen.

aside from that, the roster is honestly just fine as it is, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's already complete.

As playable characters, I'd want:

-Captain Toad
-Waluigi (even if we have to wait until Smash 6)
-Paper Mario
-Tails
-Bandana Dee
-Sans
-Shovel Knight (also have to wait for Smash 6)
-King Boo
-Funky Kong
-Dr. Eggman, but he's in machine, kinda like Bowser Jr.
-Shadow Mewtwo
-Decidueye

Now assist trophies:

-Lubba
-One paper Mario partner
-Guardian (Zelda BotW)
-Magolor
-Marx
-Papyrus
-Amy Rose
-Classic Sonic (if Knuckles is playable, I'll also want him playable)
-Paper Luigi.

Welp

At least he physically appears in Smash.

But we still need Bandana Dee.

Reminder that Toon Link is both in the background of a stage and playable with Spirit Train. "When Captain Toad joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of staring off the edge of a skyscraper. Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"" Though if they did do that it'd probably be Toadette.

See the Toon Link comparison doesn't work because he was a vet. Captain Toad would be a newcomer. Why would Sakurai add Caotain Toad to a stage if he knew he was planning on making him playable.

Back