Your Mario Stage List for Smash V

GmanSir

2 Dimensional
Let's say that you can have six stages to represent the Mario series. You can also have up to three Donkey Kong stages, one Yoshi, and one Wario stage. What would they be? Here are mine:

Mario:
-The Great Tower of Bowser Land (I hope 3D World doesn't get skipped in terms of stage representation, and this would be Bowser's first level.)
-New Donk City (Odyssey will obviously get a stage, and I think it will be the iconic NDC.)
-Gloomy Manor (Time to move forward with the Luigi's Mansion representation. Takes place on top of the Manor, with ghosts passing by holding platforms.)
-Sweet Sweet Kingdom (Yes, the battle course, not the race track. This would represent MK8D, instead of doing MK8 again.)
-Mario Galaxy (Returning from Smash Wii U)
-Super Mario Maker (Returning from Smash 4)

Donkey Kong:
-25m (I want to have one stage per main era of DK, and this would be the most iconic Arcade Era stage. Yes, barrels do fall down like 75m.)
-Jungle Hijinxs (Based on the level of the first Donkey Kong Country. You can enter the Banana Horde cave for some fun damage stacking.)
-Jungle Hijinxs (SSB4) (Returning from Smash Wii U.)

Yoshi:
-Yoshi Switch (We don't know the name of the new Yoshi game yet, but we will probably get a stage based on it. Could be a legal stage.)

Wario:
-Wario's House (Since there hasn't been a new Wario game in a while, I think they could choose a stable in the Wario series. Would take place on top of the house.)

As a big DKC fanboi I'd rather not do multiple jungle stages again. Give me The Flying Kroc or a Minecart Madness inspired stage. There's so much more to the series besides "jungle level."

Weasel said:
As a big DKC fanboi I'd rather not do multiple jungle stages again. Give me The Flying Kroc or a Minecart Madness inspired stage. There's so much more to the series besides "jungle level."

Make the Metroid level a jungle level and the DKC level a lava level :^)

Baby Luigi said:
Weasel said:

So Tallon Overworld and Crocodile Cauldron. Got it.

Flipside Tower could be a great basic stage. Definitely tournament legal, if you even care about that sort of thing. Perhaps each time you play, there are a different number of doors, and the Void is different sizes (or it could be gone completely).

Mt. Rugged could also be good. It could be fun for Whacka show up.

I'm surprised more SM64/DS levels haven't been used. Tall, Tall Mountain has great potential; its "Scary Shrooms" alone could be the stage. Wet-Dry World also has potential, especially the upper tier(s).

A stage based around Yoshi Topsy-Turvy could also be done. Naturally, the stage would tilt in either direction. Perhaps apples and Egglings would appear.

I want a Mario Party stage that actively goes out of its way to hate fighters in a true Mario Party fashion. Have the stages change when you play a minigame, similar to WarioWare.

Weasel said:
Baby Luigi said:
Weasel said:

So Tallon Overworld and Crocodile Cauldron. Got it.

Not going to lie, Tallon Overworld would be f----ing amazing in Smash.

Just make one tournament legal and not be another battlefield ripoff, like the Sunshine stage just without the ground segments.

A Mario Party stage

and everyone hates it except my sister and me.

- zomg my sister had the same idea

Paper Mario TTYD battle stage with rotating scenery/hazards from the whole series. I still feel like the SSB4 stage should've been on the Wii U version and focused on console games more than the single handheld one. Even without SS being my least favorite, it makes more sense for a PM stage to be on the console version since 3/4 (4/5 now) of the series is on consoles. So for SSB5 yeah I want one that's console focused.

Mario & Luigi stage. This would've been more ideal for SSB4 3DS than a PM stage to begin with, but would also work on Switch since it probably won't have two versions. Again, have a nice balance of features/cameos from the series.

Bowser's Castle as a dedicated stage. It would have what you'd expect from this type of stage but also have elements from Bowser's Kingdom in Odyssey, Bowser Land in 3D World and other Bowser worlds. You could have clown cars that players can jump into and influence (but not completely control).

New Donk City, doubling as an Odyssey stage and an arcade DK stage with part of it taking place in the 2D DK section. Maybe also Cascade Kingdom with periodic visits from your friendly neighborhood Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Super Princess Peach themed stage. I'm watching a LP of that game and it needs more love. I think it has a lot of potential for a Smash stage too.

In terms of new stages I agree with everyone that New Donk City should definitely should make it in and maybe
Crumbleden too where you have to avoid attacks from the Ruined Dragon amidst the battle.

LeftyGreenMario said:
A Mario Party stage

and everyone hates it except my sister and me.

- zomg my sister had the same idea

Please tell me twin empathy links don't actually exist

• Super Mario Bros. 3: Similar to Mushroom Kingdom U, but transitions fighters between the eight worlds in the game (transition is similar to that of Castle Siege, but instead it's a tornado from the Warp Whistle).
  • Hands-On Hall: Takes place indoors, then a platform carries fighters to the rooftop. (SONGS: Hands-On Hall, Dragon Driftway)
  • Sunset Shore: Just because it looks amazing. Fighters can be silhouettes as well? (SONGS: Palm Tree Groove)
  • Homecoming Hijinxs: Like Jungle Hijinxs in Smash Wii U, but the ice dragon from Tropical Freeze's intro flies over the stage, freezing it over. (SONGS: Snowmads Theme, Aqueduct Assault)

Also yes Tallon Overworld or even Phendrana Drifts would make awesome stages. Did whoever pick the stages for Brawl not play past the first area of Prime or...?

• Top-Hat Tower (SMO): Takes place on top of the tower of the same name in Bonneton. Due to the shape of the tower, this would make a unique stage.
  • Peach's Castle (SM64): Another unique stage, being the lobby of the castle. I'm not sure how blast zones would work.
  • Toadette's Music Room (MPDS): An autoscroller level. Fighters must run across a variety of tables and instruments (the latter of the two acts like a hazard).

Weasel said:
Not that I'd want this, but I can see a minecart stage functioning similar to Big Blue.

A Mario Party-based stage would be cool. There would be the party spaces around the stage that constantly cycle between blue, red, and green. Blue adds a buff to the character standing on it, red adds a nerf to the character, and green does something based on where it is. The whole stage wouldn't be lined with them (that might be a little too hectic), but maybe four scattered on the ground with one on each platform.

Now I'm just thinking of all the Mario Party boards and how each one could be used as a Smash stage. And then there are the mini game settings.

New Donk City please. And we need "Jump Up, Super Star!" as one (or several) of the background music tracks. You know it'll happen. I'd love to see more Odyssey stages since its worlds are so mind-blowing but am not sure if the game would be overrepresented or not. Maybe there can be two Odyssey stages:
  • Mario Odyssey: The stage takes place atop the Odyssey as it travels between the different kingdoms: Cap Kingdom, Cascade Kingdom, Sand Kingdom, Luncheon Kingdom and Ruined Kingdom. Each kingdom has different platforms and stage hazards; when you reach the Ruined Kingdom, the Ruined Dragon appears as a stage boss.
  • New Donk City: I know that the NDC Festival stage would be part of the layout, but I'm not sure if the stage would be a huge one like Temple with a lot of the city's features, or a smaller,
    self-contained and (possibly) competitively viable one that mostly contains the festival stage.

Aside from that, I'd love to see more RPG stages. A Beanbean Castle with sporadically-appearing Cackletta and Fawful enemies would be lovely.

I am hoping that there is a stage based on Mario Party, because it's one of the more popular Mario spinoffs that hasn't been represented for Smash's stages. Even Mario Kart got 2 stages based on Mario Circuit, so I am hoping that a Mario Party stage is in. Glad I am not alone.

Besides this, any other stage is game, including a Donkey Kong stage set in a fruit level or a Bowser's Castle (weird that there's no Bowser's Castle stage yet).

Thank you for reading.

i had the thoughts earlier today

What if we got a stage based around the stadium from Mario Tennis Aces? I'm not sure what kind of gimmicks it would have but it would have a similar aesthetic to the boxing ring stage with the crowds and screens.

The tennis court itself can be the stage. Mario characters hit the tennis balls back and forth. Players can try screwing up a Mario character by interacting with the tennis balls. Not sure if there should be any actual stage hazards (think Duck Hunt where you can kill the ducks but the ducks don't hurt you).

Super Mario Odyssey Kingdoms! Like the sand kingdom or the metro kingdom. Or also Bowser's castle (I'm not sure if it already exists in Smash)

Back