Mario Party the Top 100 for 3DS

MnSG said:
All that I can say is that it better not be a Circle Pad rotating minigame, because the Control Stick rotation requirement is the most obvious reason for why Tug o' War is such a terrible minigame in Mario Party.
I just realized, I think they may change it to touchscreen.

Stinks that we can't play Camera Shy or Flash and Dash.

I've played Flash and Dash so much to the point where I recognize the map layouts.

Count me as one of the people who would have loved to see Mario Party handheld games receive the returning minigame treatment, not only from Mario Party DS, but also from Island Tour, Star Rush and yes, even Mario Party Advance. The latter is the most limited only because Duel Games are practically the only minigames that could be used due to the huge amount of single-player minigames.

Another observation that I have found out in one of the returning minigames, Toadstool Titan, is that the ordinary mushroom is being replaced with the Mega Mushroom. I would venture to say that the theme is also being replaced with the Mega Mushroom theme, instead of the Super Star theme.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I see Shell Shocked on the list, so I wonder if that minigame also uses disembodied heads,

Look Away and that strange Mario Party 3 Penguin game should return, though even if they do, I doubt Look Away will have the famous closed-mouth Wario and X-eyed Mario or the penguin minigame retain its quirky silliness.

I think there might be disembodied heads. Something I enjoyed seeing is when winning, the camera zooms to the winning player, while the head still looks lifeless while they cite their winning quote. It somehow makes that scene funnier, but I wonder if that might be changed to the results screen seen in Mario Party 9 and 10. Speaking of, I wish that the winning and losing scenes also reflect the games they originated from because that would be a huge fanservice.

What's the "strange Mario Party 3 Penguin" game? I know Filet Relay (Mario Party 2) which has characters in penguin suits carrying the fish to penguins, Frigid Bridges where there's ice, and Fowl Play where two people catch a chicken, but I don't remember any penguin minigames in Mario Party 3.

Although Look Away is a minigame I would like to see return, I wonder if having Don't Look would hinder the chances of it appearing.

Thank you for reading.

Something I noticed. It looks like they changed the way Balloon Busters plays. Rather than having one person hide behind the barrier, there are 3 that hide behind it.
Top100BalloonBusters.jpg

BalloonBustersMP7.png

Mister Apple said:
I wonder if it'll be ten from each.

I've been wondering myself about that too. 10 from each numbered game to make it even and more of a spread of the entire series

Northern Verve said:
DJpnIhZU8AA7u0E.jpg:large

Note: The image maker made a mistake and put Look Away in Mario Party 9's section instead of Mario Party 2's

If this is how it will work this is the current filled out spots:
5/10 - Mario Party 1
9/10 - Mario Party 2
10/10 - Mario Party 3 (Already Full)
9/10 - Mario Party 4
9/10 - Mario Party 5
4/10 - Mario Party 6
8/10 - Mario Party 7
3/10 - Mario Party 8
8/10 - Mario Party 9
3/10 - Mario Party 10

Ninelevendo said:
winstein said:
Toadstool Titan
winstein said:
I would venture to say that the theme is also being replaced with the Mega Mushroom theme
This is what you mean right

Yes, that's what I meant. If you noticed in the trailer, the mushroom is a Mega Mushroom.

EEeJUNn.png

Thank you for reading.

Ninelevendo said:
I don't think you played the video ;)
YoshiGo99 said:
^^ Was just about to say that.

Lol that wasn't even the actual Mega Mushroom theme.

I am on mute the entire time, so I was wrong about that. Sorry!

Also, I don't quite like SIIVAGUNNER videos because of their subversive content that I generally dislike.

Thank you for reading.

Mcmadness said:
Considering how much Mario Party loves to re-use assets I'd be surprised if she wasn't in.

The ND Cube Mario Parties are actually much less guilty of this. Heck, they went through the trouble to give Daisy a new running animation for Mario Party 10!

But this is based on Star Rush sooooo....

Well they didnt recycle from IT to SR , and they could have easily done that just like Hudson did with MP1-3 and MP4-7

Funny though , Island Tour , Star Rush , 9 and 10 ... all have different graphics if one could say it that way. I think this MP is the first in which the new developing house is recycling UI and models , etc.

They have recycled animations since forever ago tho , so that doesnt really count.

Im really really impatient for January and play the hell out of this

Also because ... well @BabyLuigi can really relate , since its on the 3DS :3

Cannot wait to do a new voice mod for Rosalina , like i had done it way too much that it's not really out of pickyness anymore (or not 100% at least) but more like because i feel like its fun to do. There's also a special meaning behind it so yeah.

So far the minigames announced have my blessing , but i would like it more if there was boards ... that would be then perfection.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Well they didnt recycle from IT to SR , and they could have easily done that just like Hudson did with MP1-3 and MP4-7

Funny though , Island Tour , Star Rush , 9 and 10 ... all have different graphics if one could say it that way. I think this MP is the first in which the new developing house is recycling UI and models , etc.

They have recycled animations since forever ago tho , so that doesnt really count.

Im really really impatient for January and play the hell out of this

Also because ... well @BabyLuigi can really relate , since its on the 3DS :3

Cannot wait to do a new voice mod for Rosalina , like i had done it way too much that it's not really out of pickyness anymore (or not 100% at least) but more like because i feel like its fun to do. There's also a special meaning behind it so yeah.

So far the minigames announced have my blessing , but i would like it more if there was boards ... that would be then perfection.

The game comes out on November in the US! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VcLjBgLhq4

Toadette will be the host for this instalment. And a mode similar to Balloon Bash from Star Rush.

Saw the trailer, and like i predicted, they once again didn't bring back classic Mario Party fully.

Theres probably 1 minimal board.

Also, i noticed something ...

Am i allucinating or the trailer announcer sounds EXACTLY like Laura Faye Smith (Rosalina) ?

Comparing some other voice over from her, it sounds pretty much like her.

Can i assume that , if its true, then Rosalina would appear soon in a new game?????

SPECULATION TIME

and maybe im wrong, but i have listened all these sounds and etc way too much ... maybe i can really tell is her , or someone that sounds almost identical.

infinite8 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VcLjBgLhq4

Toadette will be the host for this instalment. And a mode similar to Balloon Bash from Star Rush.

You forgot Toad lol

That trailer reminded me that Bowser Jr. still doesn't have a Mario series amiibo.
Also, I prefer them reusing Star Rush's gameplay at least, rather than invent some new hit-or-miss gameplay type. So there's that.

What, so Toadette ISN'T playable?

Back