Mario Party the Top 100 for 3DS

Ouch. :drmario:

LeftyGreenMario said:
Northern Verve said:
Oh just let people have their fun :P
Don't mind him, he says this again and again. Like Bowser, his attack patterns are easy to predict.

At least from my experience with him. Just don't bring up anything relating to the RPGs and he's a cool guy, though.

Interesting information. Would add this to a pre-release and unused section of that article.

This game is very very underrated. I played it for about 25 hours now and I have to say I am very pleased with the game’s content. Nearly all of the minigames are worth playing multiple times and I love the fact that there’s a fresh focus on 3v1 games in a handheld Mario Party again.

Also, you get Beach Volleyball, Block Star and Stick and Spin on the go!

I think the overall rating of the game is spot-on.

I like the game because it's Mario Party, but the content is extremely lacking, even more so than Mario Party: Star Rush and Mario Party: Island Tour. It's clear they made this in an extremely constrained development time, considering that they reuse many tracks in minigames that shouldn't have reused tracks, and they reused many assets from Mario Party: Star Rush. Mini-Game Island is an okay single player mode, but Mini-Game Match is just Balloon Bash, but slightly better, but still not good because it's Balloon Bash. The minigame selection is also extremely questionable: I will still ponder why they left out freaking Mario Mechs of all things.

And that's pretty much the extent of the game. There's barely reason for me to even play this game over the original GameCube iterations, especially since 6, 7, 8, and 10 had my favorite Toadette playable and Toad being omitted for mysterious reasons.

I knew the title was a lie when I found out Dungeon Duos was missing yet And The Beat Goes on got in.

Baby Luigi said:
I think the overall rating of the game is spot-on.

I like the game because it's Mario Party, but the content is extremely lacking, even more so than Mario Party: Star Rush and Mario Party: Island Tour. It's clear they made this in an extremely constrained development time, considering that they reuse many tracks in minigames that shouldn't have reused tracks, and they reused many assets from Mario Party: Star Rush. Mini-Game Island is an okay single player mode, but Mini-Game Match is just Balloon Bash, but slightly better, but still not good because it's Balloon Bash. The minigame selection is also extremely questionable: I will still ponder why they left out freaking Mario Mechs of all things.

And that's pretty much the extent of the game. There's barely reason for me to even play this game over the original GameCube iterations, especially since 6, 7, 8, and 10 had my favorite Toadette playable and Toad being omitted for mysterious reasons.

I'm going to say that you are probably down on the game because of the character roster, which is understandable. There's actually a sizable amount of unique tracks in this game if you look at the Sound Selection, and they are actually remixed instead of compressed to the sound card. Plus, Mario Mechs looks like a clone of the tank game.

People love downplaying the importance of playable characters in games like this, when using specific characters has always affected my enjoyment of the game, regardless if they "affect gameplay" or not. I get more fun out of Mario Party if I can use Toadette, because I like Toadette, I like playing as her, and I find her very enjoyable to use. I don't get this same feeling when I'm stuck with...idk Mario or something.

Also Mario Mechs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shell Shocked. It's the best tank-themed minigame.

memoryman3 said:
Plus, Mario Mechs looks like a clone of the tank game.
it's not just a clone, it's a better version and unlike the other tank games, you don't win by trying to camp and hope you don't get hit twice

Mario Mechs is better than the entirety of Super Duel Mode. Which is... kind of shocking and almost sad.

I like the 1-v-3minigames that are basically boss fights

Borp said:
Mario Mechs is better than the entirety of Super Duel Mode. Which is... kind of shocking and almost sad.
Clearly Mario Mechs needs it's own spinoff or dedicated mode.

Borp said:

I think Super Duel Mode is better only because of its customization

In terms of overall gameplay, I think the tanks could have been faster.

Back