Mario Party the Top 100 for 3DS

it has pushy penguins so I'm good

sounds neat

and then they show that one boring ass mini-game where you ground pound water balloon thwomps

I think this is a genuinely good idea. Sure, it sucks that it probably won't have any board gameplay or at least not a full-fledged thing. This sounds like it could very much be Mario Party: Minigame Mode Only. Which puts the phrase "The Minigames are the best part of Mario Party" to the logical extreme. But I think it's a fair saying that people get excited about the Minigames more so then the board gameplay even when it comes to the old Mario parties with the much more liked Board gameplay.

Because some people don't want to spend hours and hours trying to unlock all the minigames. One of the biggest pros of the recent Mario Parties is pretty much all the minigames are available from the start. MP9 and 10's Board Gameplay may be a big deal breaker fro some. But no doubt that what remained pretty good are the minigames that if you ever got MP9 or 10 it's probably more worth it just to play minigame mode as opposed to the party mode.

But bringing back many old favorites. Albeit it's not really going to be a "fan" favorite list as I don't think Nintendo polled anybody on this. It nonetheless is going to have some good choices from each of the games in there. And it will be nice to see the N64 games and the Gamecube ones remade and made more fresh. Though no doubt the biggest shame about this is how they didn't go full fledged HD and make this for the Switch. The 3DS is fine and all, but it would of been even better to bring this to the Switch for full local multiplayer fun for the whole family.

Still, I definitely plan on picking this up. It will be great to be able to play some of the N64 minigames with characters that never got the chance. You can finally play Waluigi or Daisy in games from the first two Mario Parties. Make Rosalina play in some of the older games as well. Or make DK play in Minigames from Mario Parties in which he wasn't playable in (5, 6, 7, 8, and 9). I also wonder of the possibility of in making up for the lack of any kind of board gameplay they might make the roster bigger then any previous Mario Party game. Maybe every character that was ever playable in Mario Party will return as well as a few new choices (Maybe Pauline for a little bit of Odyssey promotion?)

Oh this should also mean some remixed tracks of the older games which will be really cool. The early N64 minigame tracks in particular could really use an update.

BTW this is the list of already revealed minigames through the trailer and/or the website:
DJpnIhZU8AA7u0E.jpg:large

Note: The image maker made a mistake and put Look Away in Mario Party 9's section instead of Mario Party 2's

Obviously there's going to be some questionable calls here. The Beat Goes On was one of those games that went way too long and just ended in Draw's most of the time as long as everyone knew what they were doing. Unless something's changed to make that less an issue that's not going to be a popular choice for the 100. And there's at least 2 luck minigames in that list as well. Still this is 65 of the 100 thus far. Who know's what will be the rest of the 35. I have a feeling Bobsled Run will be another.

But yeah, I'm certainly interested in this.

Actually im fine with the beat goes on, one of my absolute favorites. Just throwing that out there.

Also , i haven't seen talk about music yet.

I am dying to hear the possible remixes of classic minigame songs in this one , i really hope they dont change them to different tunes , im fine with remixes or even remastered songs.

I had bad memories with Honeycomb Havoc and The Beat Goes On so I groaned when those two hell-in-baskets returned.

I see Shell Shocked on the list, so I wonder if that minigame also uses disembodied heads,

Look Away and that strange Mario Party 3 Penguin game should return, though even if they do, I doubt Look Away will have the famous closed-mouth Wario and X-eyed Mario or the penguin minigame retain its quirky silliness.

>Top 100
>"Tug of War" mini-game is in

ah, it's satan's top 100, not an actual human's

>best Mario Party in recent years
>doesn't even have boards

This looks pretty good actually, hoping to see some more MP5 ones (just cause that's the only one I've played in great lengths). Mario Mechs better be there.

I hope there's something else other than mini games though, sure they're the best part of Mario Party but mini games by themselves can get boring after a little while and minigame compilation doesn't seem like enough for a full price game, if that is what it's going to be. It just needs a simple side mode imo, like Super Duel Mode or something.

This is promising, I would love to see one of my favorite games, such as Pitifall some puzzles (Piece Out and Bob-Omb Breakers) and also, Hotel Goomba and Ground Pound Down. also if its just minigames, I'd like to see some minigame modes brought back such as that minigame circuit from mp5, or the decathalons from 5-7. I can't wait to see most of the minigames!

http://marioparty100.nintendo.com
From the website said:
You can even set the number of turns for board-game play!
Ok I take it back, there will be boards of some variety. Probably nothing too special though but who knows.

Oh also it releases November 10 in America but in January in PAL. Does it really take that long to change names?

It's quite awesome to see the changes that are made from the original because I enjoyed seeing how things look improved. For one, Hexagon Heat shows symbols on its platforms in addition to the colour, no doubt to cater to colour-blindness. There's also the monkeys in Strawberry Shortfuse looking like they did in Yoshi's Island rather than Super Mario 64. Inflated Thwomps have their signature snarl from their current versions rather than the odd smile.

I wonder how the board game aspect comes into play here. If I were to guess, it would be similar to the Mini-game Stadium from the first two Mario Party games, where players will decide their sides and play the minigames.

I hope that the idea of a minigame compilation returns in a future Mario Party game, this time on the Switch because it's a wonderful idea to focus on one of Mario Party's strengths: the mini-games.

superwesleybros said:
Looking forward to this. I hope it has my favorite MP1 minigame.
hqdefault.jpg

If it counts, Hexagon Heat is back, which is basically the one above but in a different setting.

Thank you for reading.

Yoshi the SSM said:
Tug o' War is in this game? Nintendo. You better have some extra gloves for that minigame. I playing this game.

Why the worst Mario Party minigame ever is in the top 100 is beyond me, because its controls in Mario Party are terrible.

They probably just changed it to mashing a button.

Mcmadness said:
They probably just changed it to mashing a button.

All that I can say is that it better not be a Circle Pad rotating minigame, because the Control Stick rotation requirement is the most obvious reason for why Tug o' War is such a terrible minigame in Mario Party.

The characters are.

• Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Daisy
  • Rosalina
  • Yoshi
  • Toad
  • Toadette
  • Wario
  • Waluigi
  • Donkey Kong

amiibo of the said characters also work (except Toadette of course)

memoryman3 said:
The characters are.

• Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Daisy
  • Rosalina
  • Yoshi
  • Toad
  • Toadette
  • Wario
  • Waluigi
  • Donkey Kong

Source? Can't see them in gameplay trailers.

Shame that they didn't bring back Koopa Kid.

What on Earth is Soar to Score doing there? That has got to be one of the worst minigames in history!
But I reckon that there'll be a huge amount of different modes there to make the most of all the minigames, that'll probably be a bit of a compilation too. I'm thinking stuff like step it up, balloon race, that five minigames point one from Mario Party 9, and I can't remember the other ones I had in mind. They'll probably make a new one too or something.

infinite8 said:
memoryman3 said:
The characters are.

• Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Daisy
  • Rosalina
  • Yoshi
  • Toad
  • Toadette
  • Wario
  • Waluigi
  • Donkey Kong

Source? Can't see them in gameplay trailers.

Shame that they didn't bring back Koopa Kid.

The official site has their artwork.

Keep in mind that "Top 100" is pretty much just a marketing term, they're pretty much just grabbing any minigame they personally like or if they want to create a balance or something...

that still doesn't mean that I hate some choices on this "list" though.

Anyway, Toadette is listed as an art asset for this game, sourcing that:

http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-party-the-top-100-screenshots-art/nggallery/page/2/image/3ds_mariopartytop100_char_13_png_jpgcopy

Pretty sure she'll be playable.

Considering how much Mario Party loves to re-use assets I'd be surprised if she wasn't in.

Back