Composers that you think that should compose music for a Mario game.

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
This thread is all about composers that you think should compose music for a Mario game.

Here are the composers that I think that should compose music for a Mario game.

#1: Tim Follin
Tim_Follin_-_1.jpg

This guy knows how to do an excellent job in making a good score for any game. I am impressed with his work. It really puts the icing on the cake for some games that he composed music for. If he were to make music for a Super Princess Peach 2, then it would turn out to be a masterpiece.

#2: Simon Viklund
67b104bb9fb7510c7324db2d46f7c55e44011ece_full.jpg

This guy does an awesome job at remixing songs. Especially with games like Bionic Commando Rearmed, you can totally see his talent. Some Mario games could use his talent to bring a bit of freshness.

#3: Michiru Yamane
220px-Michiru_Yamane.jpg

What can I tell you? Her work is awesome. She does show off a great talent with the games she composed music for. If she were to compose music for Super Mario Galaxy 3, she'd excel at it.

Jake Kaufman would be amazing for a throwback game.

Grant Kirkthrope should compose music for a Mario game. Or Dave Wise. I know they did Donkey Kong-related stuff but I'd like to see them work in something Mario-related too.

Also, Christophe Héral might be an interesting composer for a Mario game, especially if he adds the ultra-wacky style of Rayman Origins to his epic compositions of Rayman Legends!

Baby Luigi said:
Grant Kirkthrope should compose music for a Mario game. Or Dave Wise. I know they did Donkey Kong-related stuff but I'd like to see them work in something Mario-related too.
Oh yeah, those two make a good addition.

Add some Tim Follin and some Michiru Yamane and you've got an amazing score that sounds well and interesting.

As much as I am a fan of Tim Follin (and Geoff Follin) music wise, I'm a bit iffy regarding that possibility.

With that said, I don't really care... just as long as the musical scores created in related to the game being developed is that addictive to listen to even outside of the game itself. That's how I see it.

I think Chris Huelsbeck would be a great composer as well for a Mario game.

Hironao Yamamoto, Shohei Bando, Kazuhiko Sawaguchi (Mario Party 2 composers.)

‎Ichiro Shimakura (Mario Party 4 composer.)

‎Aya Tanaka (Mario Party 5 composer.)

Hirokazu Tanaka, and Hiroshi Kanazu (Earthbound composers.)

Grant Kirkhope. (Banjo Kazooie.)

Yoko Shimomura (Super Mario RPG/Mario and Luigi series composer.)

Chad York, Darren Radtke, Mike Peacock (Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon Composers.)

Kazumi Totaka and Shinobu Tanaka (Luigi's mansion composers.)

superwesleybros said:

Most of them are already Mario composers. This is for those that haven't composed in a Mario game before.

Pwwnd123 said:
superwesleybros said:

Most of them are already Mario composers. This is for those that haven't composed in a Mario game before.

My bad. I thought this was for main series games.

I was gonna meme and say "Whoever made Guile's theme"

But then I remembered that she makes the music for the M&L games so RIP joke

FesliyanStudios is a guy on YouTube who makes all sorts of original background music for all kinds of environments and feelings. Here's a sample of his work that I think would be appropriate in an RPG Mario game.

Glowsquid said:
Hans Zimmer

Now I'm curious to see how that would turn out.

I'd definitely also like to see David Wise compose for a Mario game that's not DK.

If this means seeing similar tracks to Ancient Lake, Pirate Lagoon, Star City, and Spaceport Alpha in Mario games, I'm all for it.

Tim Follin is a great choice! Having composed the great chiptunes, I feel he works best with chiptune music.

David Wise is also a good choice, not for the Donkey Kong series (he's done those), but maybe for a Yoshi or a Mario game.

For my contribution to this thread: Nobuo Uematsu, to bring the unique flavour of orchestration to the Mario series in ways that might differ from recent efforts.

Thank you for reading.

Back