Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

winstein said:
In Super Mario Odyssey, I discovered this when I was throwing Cappy to pop Luigi's balloons without jumping, which is possible in Shiveria because there is a small snow wall that I can stand on without jumping. So what did I discover? Throwing Cappy the 3rd time in a row will make Mario throw Cappy faster than usual (covering distance is still the same), and he even makes a different grunt if you do so. Because Mario was on a small incline, Cappy would be at a higher level since he levels himself after a fixed amount of time, which was why he didn't pop Luigi's balloons.

Basically, Cappy is thrown faster at the third throw, and as far as I can tell, this is not documented. I guess you can call it a "hat trick".

If anybody is interested, I could post a Twitter video to show this in action.

Thank you for reading.

I recently uploaded a video clip on Twitter to showcase this in action: https://twitter.com/i/status/1081598254599462912

Note that I am standing on a slight slope, which means that when I am throwing Cappy, he is thrown at the angle Mario is standing before he levels himself. Because the third time is faster, he will level himself at a higher ground, meaning that he will miss Luigi's balloons.

Thank you for reading.

For years I thought that Daisy's icon in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games was only of her head without her body, I only noticed last night that her body is there too, but because the collar on her shirt is wite it blends in with the background too much. I also think that part of her arm is on the right of the icon too, but I'm not sure about that.

Also if you place third or better in 100m Freestyle with Luigi he does a backflip in the water, it's quite cute and it's much more extreme than most of the other characters who either just spin around or put their arms up in the air.

Luigi does an elaborate break dance, so I just guess Luigi really wants to show off in those games. He's over doing it l, but can't blame him, not when Mario's around...

At first glance this Geno official art looks like his nose is his lip, so he looked to me that he is pouting, not noticing that he has a mouth below his nose.
200px-Geno_SMRPG.gif

Thank you for reading.

same lmao. whats going on with the nose shading anyways?
and similarly to this
Vivian-SPM.png

i still keep thinking the blush is the eye
both things are really common i guess

The buttons on Wario's denim jacket in the Super Smash Bros. games have "Made in W" written on them.

Just learned that the Japanese version of Wario World had a exclusive theme for the Black Jewel fight.

Why wasn't this in the US version?!

ZelenPixel said:
and similarly to this
Vivian-SPM.png

I used to think her curl was a nose for some reason.

NanoPhoenix said:
Just learned that the Japanese version of Wario World had a exclusive theme for the Black Jewel fight.

Must've been one of those wacky "polish the game after it comes out in the US" type deals ALA Luigi's Mansion's Hidden Mansion.

ThatGuy62 said:
ZelenPixel said:
and similarly to this
Vivian-SPM.png

I'm frankly appalled that anyone would see such unflattering design in this character. You can never make me see that in Vivian lol. If that was a nose does that mean she has a nose on the back of her head too?

The blush I at least can understand but I still thought it was pretty obvious that her eyes were hidden just like Beldam and Marilyn's

ZelenPixel said:
and similarly to this
Vivian-SPM.png

...that's not an eye?

Well now I just feel like the dumbest man alive.

Lord Fawful DX said:
ThatGuy62 said:
ZelenPixel said:
and similarly to this
Vivian-SPM.png

I'm frankly appalled that anyone would see such unflattering design in this character. You can never make me see that in Vivian lol. If that was a nose does that mean she has a nose on the back of her head too?

The blush I at least can understand but I still thought it was pretty obvious that her eyes were hidden just like Beldam and Marilyn's
I dunno how I thought it, but I did.
Then, years later when I finally noticed it was a curl, I realized how cute her design actually was.

ThatGuy62 said:
NanoPhoenix said:

Must've been one of those wacky "polish the game after it comes out in the US" type deals ALA Luigi's Mansion's Hidden Mansion.

That's nothing. The NA theme still plays in the UK version, then about halfway through this theme plays and the entire fight changes.

It's definitely another LM situation.

In Mario Party 5, if you get the DK Roulette after landing on DK's space, you will lose if both you and him get the same dice roll.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate will crash if Yoshi wins a 2-player stamina match with his pummel.

Does anyone know why some games can actually register controllers in port 3 and 4 when port 2 isn't used at all? I just find that kind of weird when later games just don't register port 3 or 4 or they force you to be player 2 (though player 1 remains to be the one controlling all the menus, unless it's Smash Bros.).

800px-ExhibitionModeMSB.PNG

799px-GoodChoice_BlehBleh_4.png

799px-Mario_Party_7_Char_Select.png

I actually love being able to play as player 4 and other player slots that most people don't use because I honestly get sick of seeing player 1's colors. I find it a bit of a loss to lose control over what ports I can use when the wireless shit came around.

When using a primary spirit from the same series as the character you are using in Super Smash Bros Ultimate, the team power will go up. I thought it just boosted attack and defense by 10%

I like how some characters simply get fucked, like ROB (who has zero primary spirits) and Wii Fit Trainer (who's only primary spirit is a novice class)

Baby Luigi said:
I like how some characters simply get *bleep*ed, like ROB (who has zero primary spirits) and Wii Fit Trainer (who's only primary spirit is a novice class)

Then there's Cloud, who has zero usable spirits

Pheromosa said:
When using a primary spirit from the same series as the character you are using in Super Smash Bros Ultimate, the team power will go up. I thought it just boosted attack and defense by 10%
That is why Kirby + Lv. 99 Bandana Dee + autopick supports = ultimate OP.

You can get a 4-way tie in Flash Forward in Mario Party 10. Haven't been able to recreate this in the Top 100 version though.

If we go by Yoshi Island DS's ending, the only game in the Yoshi series to star the Yoshi introduced in Super Mario World is Topsy Turvy, as he was a baby at the same time as Baby Mario and Baby Bowser

bivzcZf.png

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are in this shot on the left computer monitor, I didn't know this until today, wow.

And secondly, that shot with Baby Mario and Baby Luigi looks like footage of a test animation prior to post-processing rendering settings applied to it and it looks vastly different than the other two video footages. There's no sky or even a background (it's just a black void), the models look much more crude and raw without filters compared to the rest of the screens, and the one with Mario and Luigi on the right are just reused footage.

Back