Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

Saltman said:
Mario's legs are just... what?

looks like they stretched them to fit over luigi's bones

you know, weird lengths aside it is funny how little Mario's final design has changed compared to Luigi's since that time.

Fawful Claus said:
Curiously Mario looks way closer to his modern look than Luigi, who still has more traces of the N64 style here.

Luigi's design wasn't finalized until Mario Party 4, along with Mario, Peach, Daisy, Donkey Kong and others.

yea its realy weird. even if you ignore the face shape differences and look at the stuff like the textures, even those differ noticeably
i wonder why its like that

Waterfall of Flab said:
I've never understood why Luigi looks like that. He looks fine in all the other GC games.
everything about Luigi was weird, but what got me was why Luigi had shoelaces

In Super Mario Odyssey, I discovered this when I was throwing Cappy to pop Luigi's balloons without jumping, which is possible in Shiveria because there is a small snow wall that I can stand on without jumping. So what did I discover? Throwing Cappy the 3rd time in a row will make Mario throw Cappy faster than usual (covering distance is still the same), and he even makes a different grunt if you do so. Because Mario was on a small incline, Cappy would be at a higher level since he levels himself after a fixed amount of time, which was why he didn't pop Luigi's balloons.

Basically, Cappy is thrown faster at the third throw, and as far as I can tell, this is not documented. I guess you can call it a "hat trick".

If anybody is interested, I could post a Twitter video to show this in action.

Thank you for reading.

i also noticed that mario does a spin too, starting from the second throw i think. and a few spins with the third throw. its a really minor but neat thing.
speaking of which mario doesnt have idle animations in the darker side underground too. hes really determined

Baby Mario still has the most horrifying model in Mario Kart Wii.

I mean, it IS a species, there are most likely girl Lumas like there are boy ones.

It should stay like that way, and this applies to any other gender ambiguous creatures like Koopas, Bloopers, etc.

ArthurEngine said:
Luma is referred to as gender ambiguous in Mario Tennis Aces.
Y'know, this seems to be how Japan sees Yoshi, Kirby, and even Toad. Remember the "Toad is genderless" myth? That's what Toads were until Toads started taking gendered appearances and NOA decided to make Toad a dude.

I wonder what those circumstances are

In Mario Super Sluggers, if 3 or more characters share MVP at the end of a match, only 2 randomly selected characters will do their victory animations

In Mario Tennis US and of course , Aces when either side scores the NPC characters that are waving the player characters' flags start to cheer and jump or just become sad depending on who scored and who lost the point.

Back