Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

I just realized today that the "snout" of the Cleft is actually its chin, and it actually has square teeth. I didn't even know it had teeth because it blends in with the design.

What kind of snout is divided into two snouts though?

Couldn't tell from the display of the time. Didn't care to make out the details and all.

Princess Mario said:
I just realized today that the "snout" of the Cleft is actually its chin, and it actually has square teeth. I didn't even know it had teeth because it blends in with the design.

Well I mean, they are called Clefts. That is related to the chin or whatever so they have giant chins.

If you cut behind the Chain Comp in GCN Mario Circuit in Mario Kart Wii, it might lunge backwards at the player cutting behind instead of forward onto the track.

In MK8, you will bounce off the top of the cable cars on Toad Harbor if you land there.

On Toad's Turnpike, it is possible to go off of a ramp in 150cc or higher and land Out of Bounds at the start, just before you go under the tunnel.

In Wooded Kingdom, on the moon where you enter a bunch of randomized pipes, Mario turns his head towards the correct pipe

All this time I thought that Game Guy is basically a Shy Guy with a bowtie, coming off from this image:
Gameguy.png

But it's only recently that I learned that there is another distinction: his mask is yellow or gold, compared to the regular Shy Guy's white mask.

Thank you for reading.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I assume Game Guy's sprite is a miscolouration of the actual model.

Tbh...

Memory was my best friend during this one, I got it no problem.

Pheromosa said:
His mask is more noticeably golden in his sprite

Yes, that's the thing. I forgot to mention that I assume that Game Guy's sprite is a miscolouration because his model doesn't look that yellow to me.

Thank you for reading.

In Super Mario Galaxy 2, in Co-Star Mode, if Co-Star Luma grabs a 1-Up Mushroom and gives it to Mario just as he loses his last life, Mario will get a Game Over with a life to spare. Just found that interesting when I was helping my brother as Co-Star Luma.

That's one thing that Galaxy 2 did better than the original: The enhanced co-op mode.

In Mario Party 8, the Lucky Space area in Koopa's Tycoon Town is still visible in Duel Mode despite being inaccessible, and there are no coins there.

In Super Mario Party, on Challenge Road in the Ghostly Hollow, the Boo asking you if you want to take a break will not cover his face if you play as Boo.

Pandemonium from Mario Party 9 might seem odd as a music track for the Mario Kart 8 version of Mario Circuit in SSB4 at first, but it is actually a cover of Double Dash's Battle Mode theme!

All characters in Mario Super Sluggers have an animation for when they tie in a minigame, which you can see here. My favorite of these is Tiny Kong.

There are Nokis in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. Also Charmy talks in that game, I thought Cream and Toad were the only referees who said anything.

Mario is also changed too. Abdomen looks elongated.

Back