Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

Totaka's song in MK8 and YNI.

In MK8, go to a course with Yoshis in Time Trials. N64 Yoshi Valley is good for this. Drive next to one of the Yoshis, turn the TV volume way up, and put your ear to the TV speaker. Listen very carefully. If you do not hear Totaka's song within 10 seconds, drive to another Yoshi. Repeat the process until you find a Yoshi that hums the song. It is very hard to hear, as you can't turn the music off and can't hear it in MKTV. I'm also not sure if this works on the Switch version. However, if you hack the game to listen to the files, you can hear it very clearly.

In YNI, go to the World 6 map. This can be in either section of World 6 (I think). Wait 5-6 minutes without doing anything. As boring as it may seem, don't leave. If it plays, you'll just have to wait another 5-6 minutes. It can be heard very clearly.

EDIT: It does work in MK8DX. I'll be uploading the MK8 and YNI versions of the song to the Totaka's Song page on the wiki. Additionally, the other games it appears in are listed in that article.

The globe melody when you jump on it repeatedly.

Normally, when you land on a DK Space in Koopa's Tycoon Town, Donkey Kong will deposit 20 coins into any of the 5 main hotels. However, if you have deposited 100 coins in every main hotel, DK will instead deposit the coins into either of the Lucky Space hotels. If you have 100 coins in those hotels as well, DK will do nothing.

If you don't destroy the Mecha-Koopas in Frightmare before time expires, you'll fail. I fixed that yesterday on the wiki page.

The castle seen in Perilous Palace Path looks kinda like Peach's Castle from NSMBU.

PerilousPalacePathIntro.png

latest

Also, the design of Peach's Castle in that game mirrors the design of the castles (with Bowser's Flagship flying around it completing the image).

How the hell did i not notice Fire Flowers in SMB1 and SMB3 flash red and are white??? (Respectively, duh.)

I just realized how many species in Mario don't have noses or nostrils. I realized this by looking at fanart of Marilyn that depicted her with a nose.

You can enter the Odyssey from the hat shaped pipe in the front of it if you don't feel like using the door or the ground pound hatch.

J-Yoshi64 said:
I just realized how many species in Mario don't have noses or nostrils. I realized this by looking at fanart of Marilyn that depicted her with a nose.

Same reason they usually don't have fingernails. Those details are pretty ugly.

Mario Claus said:
You can enter the Odyssey from the hat shaped pipe in the front of it if you don't feel like using the door or the ground pound hatch.
I actually thought that was the only way in.

Baby Luigi said:
J-Yoshi64 said:

Same reason they usually don't have fingernails. Those details are pretty ugly.
At least the princesses and Pauline have them. If you look closely at GameCube-Current era renders of Peach and Daisy wearing no gloves, then you'll see they have (mostly seemingly) unpainted fingernails, even in renders where they don't seem very visible.

Of course the same goes for Rosalina, except she has light purple nail polish in most of her renders. And Pauline's nails, of course, are red.

I think there's an exception to women because they're usually seen with long fingernails, but generally speaking they're fairly unnecessary details in cartoons.

I remember they tried adding fingernails to, say, Ness in Super Smash Bros. Brawl but I thought it looked very off, and I'm glad that detail was removed in the next Smash Bros.

In Mario Party 8, any minigames played in Test for the Best that have not yet been unlocked will be unlocked after completing the mode.

MarioWiki BJAODN said:
Strangely, the cannonballs in Super Mario 64 looked just like him, only without any features except the body.

had to share that again

infinite8 said:
So, the first two rolling balls were the other fallen kings.
So what does that mean about the ones that spawn from the caves?

it means king bob omb is using the dead carcasses of previous kings to stop you from reaching his mountain

Strangely enough when you warp to the Ocean Trench East in Bubblaine, Mario won't start loosing oxygen until you move him.

Back