winstein
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqH-iwA0ZmU

EDIT 3:

oxp12ahx-998474.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

EDIT 2:

From Emily Rogers:

Question: Can you give us more info on the Rabbids game?

I’ll throw you guys one LAST bone.

“Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle” has eight playable characters — including Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Yoshi — and they each have their own sci-fi weapons, laser guns, arm cannons, etc. But you don’t control the characters — you control Tuttorio, a small floating dish, to guide them through the worlds. There is also co-op multiplayer.

Question: Were you joking on Twitter when you said Princess Peach has a gun in the heavily rumored Rabbids game?

They’re not realistic guns, they don’t shoot bullets. They are sci-fi cartoonish guns that shoot lasers, energy beams, and things of that nature. Characters can even have arm cannons ala Mega Man/Metroid. The game isn’t trying to be edgy like Shadow the Hedgehog. It’s meant to be super wacky in a cartoonish Looney-Tunes sort of way.

As I mentioned yesterday, the art style and aesthetics are similar to Super Mario 3D World but more detailed.

Question: Is there anything new that you can tell us about the Mario x Rabbids crossover?

The playable characters in “Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle” don’t look anything like the plastic figures in the picture below.

ubisoft-figures.jpg

Question: Wait, are the rumors about a Rabbids x Mario crossover actually true?

As I wrote in a previous blog post, the official title is “Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle”. The aesthetics and art style remind me a tiny bit of Super Mario 3D World. It has colorful graphics, and it has humor that you wouldn’t typically see in a traditional Mario game.

Here’s why I’m expecting this game to be good.

Ubisoft wants Mario + Rabbids to grow into a successful franchise. But it can’t become a respectable franchise unless Kingdom Battle is well-received by both critics and fans.
The reputation of the Mario brand is also at stake. Nintendo won’t let just any company develop and publish games based around Mario unless they’re confident in the team and the concept. Remember, this is the same Nintendo who rejected Vicarious Vision’s proposals to add Princess Peach, Kirby, and Star Fox in Skylanders.

Here’s my theory on why this Mario + Rabbids game even exists.

With casual gamers abandoning consoles for mobile devices, Ubisoft was quickly running out of ways to keep the Rabbids brand relevant. Rabbids hasn’t been a relevant brand since the Wii and DS years (2006 – 2012).

Also, keep in mind that Rabbid games have declined in quality since 2009’s Rabbids Go Home (78 on Metacritic) and 2006’s Rayman Raving Rabbids (76 on Metacritic). For example, Rabbids Land received mixed reviews on Wii U (52 on Metacritic). Rabbids Travel in Time also received mixed reviews on the Nintendo 3DS (55 on Metacritic).

How do you re-energize a brand that is slowly fading away into irrelevance? By attaching the Rabbids brand to an even stronger brand: Super Mario.

If you glance over at Nintendo’s history, they worked on a crossover franchise with Sega called Mario & Sonic at the Olympics. Sega is the publisher of that series. Nintendo has also worked on a crossover game with Atlus called Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. So it was only a matter of time until Nintendo collaborated with Ubisoft, one of their most loyal partners, on a crossover game.

--------

EDIT 1:

--------

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/11/report-ubisoft-developing-rabbids-mario-crossover-rpg-for-switch-launch-day/

Certainly an interesting crossover, I must admit. Would have been better if Rayman shows up, though.

Thanks for reading.

Re: (RUMOUR) Mario x Rabbids Crossover RPG

well better prepare for another mario rpg that has another find these useless npcs minigames.

Rayman x Mario is far more preferable than this

If this has the battle system of ubisoft's south park games, I could get behind this.

I know that there is a Rabbids cartoon.

What I didn't know that it had more than one season.

Anyhow, like a train-wreck, I'm morbidly intrigued how this turns out.

(...)and will feature a new Bowser form based around the design of the Rabbids as a recurring boss enemy.

2i5O62a.png

I CAN'T STOP SCREAMING INTERNALLY

I THOUGHT THE RABBIDS WERE DEAD FOR GOOD

I mean, none of the rabbids games were particularly bad (and ubisoft has a good track record with the south park rpgs anyway). this could be a decent success, but I know I'm never buying this

freakworld said:
I CAN'T STOP SCREAMING INTERNALLY

Good, then you're already in the right state of mind for this game.

I was going to say something but Dragonfreak summed it up perfectly.

Sure, a freak of nature with other freaks of nature (and that green freak of nature that's apparently a primary party member).

I mean I'm boycotting ubisoft anyways (except for the south park games) but if this becomes a thing they've really done it these absolute madmen

Interesting, I'll reserve judgement until I see gameplay.

A Bowser based on the Rabbid enemy will be a sight to see! I don't think it will look like what is illustrated in this thread, but I think it might be embellished similar to Meowser.

Thanks for reading.

That will sure be weird.
But I like how nintendo is actually starting a new series of rpgs, or maybe a sequel to smrpg but still, it will be a good move (if not mentioning the rabbids of course).

The only way there can be a SMRPG sequel is if Squeenix is doing it.

Annnd...they're not making this RPG.

Re: (RUMOUR) Mario x Rabbids Crossover RPG (Possibly true?)

Perhaps this is more confirmation on the matter?

Thanks for reading.

Re: (RUMOUR) Mario x Rabbids Crossover RPG (Possibly true?)

I, for one, welcome our new Rabbids overlords.

Back