Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Re: (RUMOUR) Mario x Rabbids Crossover RPG (Possibly true?)

Mcmadness said:
Hmmm.

Mario & Luigi: Rabbids running rampant?
I'd prefer the M&L series to lay off on gimmicks for the next game. Make it just a pure RPG starring Mario and Luigi, like Superstar Saga.

The Rabbids thing is hopefully either a misinterpreted Super Mario Odyssey or a brand new spinoff.

Partners in Time didn't really have gimmicks :D

Anyway, as I originally posted, I am morbidly curious to how this RPG turns out. I don't like the Rabbids, but if the game has Mario characters beating the crap out of them, I'd be sorta interested.

well I agree with you there, back to just the bros would be fine.

I can see this being 3 things

1. A Mario & Luigi game guest starring the rabbids

2. A world in Super Mario Odyssey is based on rabbids.

3. A new game altogether.

I'd rather for this supposed RPG to be a new RPG series rather than be yet another entry in Mario & Luigi/Paper Mario. Shake things up a bit y'know.

Probably go the way of Puzzles and Dragons Mario edition

While I hope this will be a new game entirely, a Mario and Luigi Rabbids crossover would actually be really interesting to see, especially how they would fit the Rabbids into the M&L universe. Perhaps we'd see a Rayman villain as one of the main antagonist...?

If we saw the return of The Magician then that would be fun.

Baby Luigi said:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPo1svrAE9I/

oh no....

I'm still hoping this isn't real pray with me

Baby Luigi said:
If we saw the return of The Magician then that would be fun.

Mr Dark or Razorbeard would be nice but I'm not holding my breath.

i'm posting in this topic now so that when the game is either confirmed or denied it shows up in my replies and i can watch the meltdowns and/or celebrations commence Live(tm) :luigi:

I'm aware of that, but it's also a reason these people would cross-over Mario and Rabbids in the first place, no?

LeftyGreenMario said:
I'm aware of that, but it's also a reason these people would cross-over Mario and Rabbids in the first place, no?
Mario's about as much of a plumber as he is a carpenter. My first thought when seeing a plunger certainly isn't, "Mario should be holding that."

This Emily Rogers person has recently posted more details about the supposed game on her blog. One of the Gamexplain guy also claims to have seen the game and is adamant it exists.

Question: Can you give us more info on the Rabbids game?

I’ll throw you guys one LAST bone.

“Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle” has eight playable characters — including Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Yoshi — and they each have their own sci-fi weapons, laser guns, arm cannons, etc. But you don’t control the characters — you control Tuttorio, a small floating dish, to guide them through the worlds. There is also co-op multiplayer.

Question: Were you joking on Twitter when you said Princess Peach has a gun in the heavily rumored Rabbids game?

They’re not realistic guns, they don’t shoot bullets. They are sci-fi cartoonish guns that shoot lasers, energy beams, and things of that nature. Characters can even have arm cannons ala Mega Man/Metroid. The game isn’t trying to be edgy like Shadow the Hedgehog. It’s meant to be super wacky in a cartoonish Looney-Tunes sort of way.

As I mentioned yesterday, the art style and aesthetics are similar to Super Mario 3D World but more detailed.

Question: Is there anything new that you can tell us about the Mario x Rabbids crossover?

The playable characters in “Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle” don’t look anything like the plastic figures in the picture below.

ubisoft-figures.jpg

Question: Wait, are the rumors about a Rabbids x Mario crossover actually true?

As I wrote in a previous blog post, the official title is “Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle”. The aesthetics and art style remind me a tiny bit of Super Mario 3D World. It has colorful graphics, and it has humor that you wouldn’t typically see in a traditional Mario game.

Here’s why I’m expecting this game to be good.

Ubisoft wants Mario + Rabbids to grow into a successful franchise. But it can’t become a respectable franchise unless Kingdom Battle is well-received by both critics and fans.
The reputation of the Mario brand is also at stake. Nintendo won’t let just any company develop and publish games based around Mario unless they’re confident in the team and the concept. Remember, this is the same Nintendo who rejected Vicarious Vision’s proposals to add Princess Peach, Kirby, and Star Fox in Skylanders.

Here’s my theory on why this Mario + Rabbids game even exists.

With casual gamers abandoning consoles for mobile devices, Ubisoft was quickly running out of ways to keep the Rabbids brand relevant. Rabbids hasn’t been a relevant brand since the Wii and DS years (2006 – 2012).

Also, keep in mind that Rabbid games have declined in quality since 2009’s Rabbids Go Home (78 on Metacritic) and 2006’s Rayman Raving Rabbids (76 on Metacritic). For example, Rabbids Land received mixed reviews on Wii U (52 on Metacritic). Rabbids Travel in Time also received mixed reviews on the Nintendo 3DS (55 on Metacritic).

How do you re-energize a brand that is slowly fading away into irrelevance? By attaching the Rabbids brand to an even stronger brand: Super Mario.

If you glance over at Nintendo’s history, they worked on a crossover franchise with Sega called Mario & Sonic at the Olympics. Sega is the publisher of that series. Nintendo has also worked on a crossover game with Atlus called Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. So it was only a matter of time until Nintendo collaborated with Ubisoft, one of their most loyal partners, on a crossover game.

ubisoft, nobody likes rabbids

How do you re-energize a brand that is slowly fading away into irrelevance? By attaching the Rabbids brand to an even stronger brand: Super Mario.

I thought the way to do it is to not make meme characters and to make quality games?

it exists

holy fuck

Yeah this was announced like last year

http://kotaku.com/source-the-rumored-mario-x-rabbids-rpg-is-real-coming-1794849712

WHO CALLS DIBS ON CREATING Rabbid!!!?!?!

if this is really true ubisoft finally did it

they finally pushed me over the fucking edge REEEE

Back