Most Notable Mario Fanart? [Sourcing your images are encouraged]

Lmao I don't think he's supposed to reach up to only Peach's hips
Small Dr.Mario?
Screenshot_20200510-143038.png

You could say that he's.....ready for danger.

These are pretty good, better than the one on the Models Resource. I really like how they even replicated the disjointed thumb these N64 models have.

EZSSUIhU8AEFGf7
EZSS6XUUcAE8hct

EZSS-l8UEAEQRmA

However I need to see the topology to be 100% sold on this, and the hat insignia texture needs work (there seems to be a red outline?) while body needs to be more even and sphere-like (the fan work has the body looking a little vertically long) and the straps need to be more parallel on the chest. Stache is also a bit big, at least from those angles. Sideburns are also closer to modern Mario's; retro Mario has a much thinner set with more pronounced tapering at the base of the sideburn. Mario's eyes might need to be a tad smaller. Nose seems fine? The mouth *might* need some tweaking but can't say 100% where. Ears, seem okay. Luigi's sideburns also need to be thinner. I also need to see the back (Nintendo helpfully provides a back reference). Luigi overall still needs some work; his overall buttons are still circular, not stretched, and his body just seems a bit off. Luigi's stache also has a gentle curve compared to the straight edge in the fan model. Luigi's head also isn't as pointy. I'd also tweak the overall colors but the renders below don't give me a very accurate idea yet so I can't specify.

Comparison references (to be fair I notice Luigi varies in those renders between Mario Party 3 and the sports ones; note the iris thickness, leg width, stache thickness, even overall button proportions)

300px-Mario64smile.jpg
291px-Mario_Leaning_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_64.png
MP3_Luigi_Artwork.png

MG_Luigi.jpg
Luigi_MT64.png

Shyguydesert.jpg

If you're going "wow LGM picky with details", yeah, I'm kinda a trained artist. You start noticing details and stuff after working with references. I mean people do think my drawings can get close to the original 3D Mario. Not perfect, just pretty close.

Maybe I'm not being fair but those small tweaks will be the difference between great and marvelous.

Last edited:
A unique reimagining of the Mario and Bowser swap! Rather than just changing the body types or switching species, this goes the extra mile and make Mario a non-tortoise dragon and gave him a more fitting animal: the tanuki. I really liked this, but I understand if some people have issues with the portrayal.

EZm8TsgWsAA6keR

Thank you for reading.

A lot of the enemies/bosses are quite familiar like the Chomp dogs and that turtles with an egg shell, but what on earth is that yellow bipedal thing with an eye?

Thank you for reading.

I think it's supposed to be the stompin stu

Or maybe that thing that was in the beta version. I dunno.

Back