2001: A Mario Odyssey

i managed to find a bug somehow
if you slide off of the quicksand slide in tostarena ruins as glydon his face deforms for osme reason
i guess the game tries to combine the open/closed mouth animations and the result is just. That

ZelenPixel said:
i managed to find a bug somehow
if you slide off of the quicksand slide in tostarena ruins as glydon his face deforms for osme reason
i guess the game tries to combine the open/closed mouth animations and the result is just. That

I need to check that. Bugs are awesome to look at.

I have recently began playing Super Mario Odyssey on my new Nintendo Switch system. It'll likely be a busy endeavor to acquire all the Power Moons.

I decided to get back to this game so that I can get 15 balloons in a row for Luigi's Balloon World, since I need that much to get 10 of the stars. I played on Bonneton because it has the easiest spots to find, and I just found out that I can repeatedly select the same balloon for inflating the streak. Now that I am done with the toughest part of the ranking, I feel free to do anything because the others are a matter of grinding.

With the excess money, I got the pixel Mario cap first, while the rest will come later. The outfit itself is very static, but it's also rather cool to see pixel Mario having the expression of bricks against everything. Too bad I missed the Odyssey anniversary because that would help me purchase a few extra items.

Thank you for reading.

A tip for ya winstein, go to the beanstalk in Bowser's Kingdom. There's a mini area that uses Rocket Flowers to jump from platform to platform, collecting coins along the way. As long as you don't touch the control stick, you can get 400 coins or something from that. It takes a while, but it's worth it.

Waterfall of Flab said:
A tip for ya winstein, go to the beanstalk in Bowser's Kingdom. There's a mini area that uses Rocket Flowers to jump from platform to platform, collecting coins along the way. As long as you don't touch the control stick, you can get 400 coins or something from that. It takes a while, but it's worth it.

I did this to buy every costume that was available (even Skeleton Mario), but that was before we even know that Luigi's Balloon World is upcoming. In my opinion, while the clouds have easy cash, I felt that Luigi's Balloon World is where money is much easier (and not to mention funner) to collect. What I am saying is that if I knew we even have Luigi's Balloon World to earn money easily, I won't do the tedious work.

Thank you for reading.

I rarely do Balloon World anymore because I have this character flaw where if a balloon is really precise, I do not give up on it. Not only does it start pissing me off but I've blown my entire cash reserve on one precise balloon before.

Something I realised when going for the max level in the Balloon World: the "Find the Balloon" ranking is the grindiest because it requires finding balloons, and the requirement is just too much. I am still at 6 stars, while levelling up to 7 requires finding 300 balloons. Coins is the easiest to earn since there are times when the game rewards double.

It's just too much for me so I just hide balloons for the time being.

Thank you for reading.

i beat darker side today!! it took many many deaths and like ~3.5 hours, if i include the time spent on it yesterday as well. it was great. i can finally let myself watch smo speedruns lol

I've played Luigi's Balloon World extensively, though some places got more play time compared to others (such as Bowser's Castle), but I have a general idea on how easy or difficult certain places are. Note that my experience may be subjective, so what may be difficult for me might in fact be easy for you. Also every place can have tricky balloons, usually because they are either tricky to reach or they tend to require quickly reaching that place to pop. Thankfully the game is designed in such a way that the seeker has more opportunities to pop the balloon than the hider do to place them.

Difficulty is graded in a five-star rating, with "*" being the easiest and "*****" being the toughest.

---

Peach's Castle: *

This is the easiest level to reach most places, since the terrain is more or less open, with the trickiest high-altitude places being the top of the castle and the tower at the back of the castle (Tip: use Yoshi to reach that part more easily). The open terrain is helped by the fact that almost every place is easy to reach, along with the fact that the compass can more easily indicate where the balloons are hidden.

Bonneton: *

Unlike Peach's Castle, Bonneton starts the player from the highest point of the place, which along with the Paragoomba capture, makes it easy to reach a lot of places. Much like Peach's Castle, wherever the compass points to is very easy to identify the location and subsequently the path to go there. I daresay that Bonneton is easier than Peach's Castle because it starts the player at the highest location.

Fossil Falls: **

Despite being one of the early levels, I felt that Fossil Falls is not that easy. It's usually easy to find balloons since there aren't much deep places, yes; The player starts at a high location, yes, but there are breakable blocks that only the T-Rex and Chain Chomp can break, and if you found out the T-Rex is required, it's pretty much too late unless the challenge is restarted. If it weren't for breakable blocks, the level would be easy.

Tostarena: **

Despite being a very big location, Tostarena is not that difficult. The player starts at a high place and gains access to Glydon and electric wires nearby, which makes reaching many places easy. Because of this, I feel that Tostarena is a fun level to play due to the variety of potential places players would place their balloons. The sheer size of this location is the reason it's not the easiest.

Steamed Gardens: ***

Much like Tostarena, Steamed Gardens start players on a high location with Glydon, but I think that Steamed Gardens is more difficult because there are potentially more hidden places in which the balloon could be. It's especially troublesome if the balloon is at a high location as going to a lower place makes it difficult to catch up with the time.

Lake Lamode: ****

This is the first level that made me realise that not all levels are that easy to explore. The thing with Lake Lamode is that unlike most levels, the player starts from a location that is on the side and on a somewhat lower level, instead of the centre and a high place. This means that the farthest places are more difficult to reach, especially at the beginning of the level. It's also a water level, so traversal is going to be slow unless smart use of Cheep Cheeps are employed.

The Forgotten Isles: ***

What I find most challenging about this level is the water, or rather, the swamp. Unlike most stages where a pit is preferred as a stage hazard, the fact that a swamp is used means that there's no recovering once exposed to it, which is where most of the challenge is. Moreover, the stage starts out on a middle level, so the player has to climb higher to reach Glydon, which in my opinion would have made this place easier. I thought that this level would be tough, but I managed to get 20+ in a row so I might have overestimated the difficulty since there are like a few tricky spots, namely where Captain Toad is.

New Donk City: **

Similar to Tostarena, this is a very large location, but the player starts at a low level. Despite this, it's surprisingly not that difficult to reach most places. This is thanks to the existence of electical currents, which allows a player to reach the highest tower in a short time. Even going back to the beginning is pretty simple, so the real challenge is reaching certain buildings, especially some of the ones nearer to the entrance. Like Tostarena, I found this to be a fun level to play around.

Bubblaine: *****

Unlike Lake Lamode, Bubblaine starts from the centre, but it's also more difficult. Both levels have a lot of water, but Bubblaine also have a lot more places underwater to explore. Not to mention: there are a decent number of places above water level. The wide breadth of locations coupled with all those water makes searching for balloons an overall difficult experience.

Shiveria: ***

The player starts from the upper portion of the level, since it's the bigger area of the two. The biggest obstacle with this level is how the vision of the level is obscured, since it takes place during a snowstorm. Although the arrow points to the location, the balloon can't be seen from afar until the player gets near. The snowstorm is there for a reason: this level would have been way easier since every place is easy to reach. Therefore, the key to conquering the stage is to know the level from the inside out.

Mount Volbono: ****

There are lots of hot areas in the place, but at least it's not an instant KO. Also, there are Lava Bubbles so at the very least it's possible to travel in the lava. Some of the spots are tricky to reach so I consider it to be on the more difficult side, but there are a number of spots that are easy to reach so it's not the worst in difficulty.

Bowser's Castle: *****

I found this level to be pretty awkward to explore, because you need Pokio to reach a higher level, and the level is very big so it's not possible to reach every single location, or at least the area in the beginning. The balloon that I put in this place is still not popped, so it must be difficult for other people.

Honeylune Ridge: ***

Although this level is the final location, I think this is also not as difficult as it is. Firstly, the player starts from the centre at a lower point, but the low gravity makes it easy to reach the highest point. The fact that this level is large makes it somewhat challenging even though it's pretty open. In my opinion, the slowness of Mario's movement makes this level somewhat tedious to go through. Basically the largeness of the level is offset by how open everything is, making it not that difficult to find balloons.

---

Reminder that these are my opinions. Do you feel that the difficulty reflects on my opinions with the balloons?

Thank you for reading.

Necrobumping this because I found some more interesting concept art (namely clear versions of the other stuff).
One of them was for a sort of subplot involving a kid playing a trumpet. The concept was, according to someone translating in the comments, “NPC that grows along with you as you progress”
DsIRM0_WsAAi_vk.jpg

The same set also had a clearer picture of the Bowser cosplayer kid.
DsIRM09X4AALbU4.jpg

https://twitter.com/VGArtAndTidbits/status/1063431380854546432
You can find a somewhat clearer version of "Guitarist Rosalina" in the link too.

Also, I found some Peach's Castle concept art for Odyssey on Twitter just now (spoilered because it's huge).
Dq_oP9sXQAUIJAp.jpg
More can be found at this link: https://twitter.com/VGArtAndTidbits/status/1058319806938705921

Also, here's another.
DrewVN7WoAAsD_J.jpg
https://twitter.com/VGArtAndTidbits/status/1060510121586032641

Seems like Bowz had his own assortment of hats.

Trumpet kid looks a little too much like Porky Minch.

That would have ended poorly.

He honestly looks more like Picky.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Say what now?
So it's basically...
DLC?!
*sarcasm*

In all seriousness, I'm interested in Labo now. Good job Nintendo, you've achieved your goal again. Also, BotW support as well? This is honestly to cool to be true.

Lassi said:
Labo VR mini games coming in an update
The fact that it's still in third-person really drags down the experience.

P-pr-prob-probably. I swear I haven't tested it out early.

I swear.

But I mean, I'd imagine it'd be hell to do that in Odyssey. Idk... I can't imagine doing all those jumps and running all fast in first-person.

a furry said:
But I mean, I'd imagine it'd be hell to do that in Odyssey. Idk... I can't imagine doing all those jumps and running all fast in first-person.
Explain why that would be a bad idea.

Unless you have motion sickness.

Back