2001: A Mario Odyssey

Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself said:
a furry said:
But I mean, I'd imagine it'd be hell to do that in Odyssey. Idk... I can't imagine doing all those jumps and running all fast in first-person.
Explain why that would be a bad idea.

Unless you have motion sickness.

Isn't VR known to give you motion sickness and other side effects even if you haven't had them in the past? Idk I've not used VR that much.

Moldomré said:
a furry said:
But I mean, I'd imagine it'd be hell to do that in Odyssey. Idk... I can't imagine doing all those jumps and running all fast in first-person.

Isn't VR known to give you motion sickness and other side effects even if you haven't had them in the past? Idk I've not used VR that much.
Not for me.

Moldomré said:
a furry said:

It depends on the game and device. Lower frame rates and input lag can cause motion sickness, due to your actions not properly syncing up with what you're seeing.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
Moldomré said:
a furry said:

It depends on the game and device. Lower frame rates and input lag can cause motion sickness, due to your actions not properly syncing up with what you're seeing.
>60fps
>attached Joy-Cons due to lack of strap

2eowoyp.png

Dream Stone Spirit said:
a furry said:
Idk

I just find it weird.

Need a better reason?
Think about it.

That kind of first-person motion and jumping is what Mario experiences in his everyday life.
And just THINK of the possibilities of a first-person VR Sonic game!
WITH ROLLING ACTION!

Dream Stone Spirit said:
a furry said:
Idk

I just find it weird.

Need a better reason?
Think about it.

That kind of first-person motion and jumping is what Mario experiences in his everyday life.

Oh yeah now that you mention it I do long jumps, backflips and triple jumps everyday and never get hurt when I fall from a distance. How could I not see this?

Well now I feel rather silly, thank you for explaining that really obvious joke to me, I'm sorry for not getting it

My question is why you bumped this thread just to ask that.

btw you can see why in the Ban Log thread in General Discussion.

Revenant Archagent said:
Now I'm curious, thank you for the needless bump

you posted in here almost a week after the fact to say that???

Revenant Archagent said:
Mcmadness said:
Revenant Archagent said:
Now I'm curious, thank you for the needless bump

you posted in here almost a week after the fact to say that???

Indeed I did, you know that needless bumping is my territory and I had to display my dominance

giphy.gif

Anyways, something that's on topic, what are the chances of a sequel (or something built on the game's engine) will be announced at E3?
I'd say pretty slim, but somehow not as unlikely as DLC for it.

Short time span didn't stop Super Mario Galaxy 2 from existing. Not saying we will get a sequel, but being too soon just wouldn't be a reason in my opinion especially since the first game printed a lot money.

Princess Mario said:
Short time span didn't stop Super Mario Galaxy 2 from existing. Not saying we will get a sequel, but being too soon just wouldn't be a reason in my opinion especially since the first game printed a lot money.
Galaxy 2 still spent 2.5 years in development. It hasn't been long enough whichever way you look at it.

Eh, who knows? Maybe they were developing a sequel while making Odyssey? Just a possibility.

Of course, I don't think that's the case, but just don't rule it out.

Back