2001: A Mario Odyssey

Still, looking at how many versions of the Broodals were Koopas (and ones that look like belonging Bowser's species), it makes me think how much of a stigma the Koopalings had at the time for the character designers and concept artists to desperately try to make new members of the Bowser's species that were different enough from them instead of just going with... well, the actual thing!

Mister Wu said:
Still, looking at how many versions of the Broodals were Koopas (and ones that look like belonging Bowser's species), it makes me think how much of a stigma the Koopalings had at the time for the character designers and concept artists to desperately try to make new members of the Bowser's species that were different enough from them instead of just going with... well, the actual thing!
Evidently, it didn't work considering people still compare the Broodals to the Koopalings.
Then again, Nintendo generally has been really weird with how they handle characters lately, so I dunno if they wanted a villain group with more presence than the Koopalings usually have or what.

A little late, but I just found out that the Traveler's Guide that comes with the Starter Pack is basically a physical manual for the game, not another strategy guide. Here's an unboxing video I found:

It looks neat, and I may sell my current copy of the game to get the Starter Pack (I looked, and no one sells the manual seperately on eBay).

There were no other outfits in the datamine.

But RIP Link outfit, that would've been epic.

Color me disappointed that the non-animated 8-bit costume from the datamine wasn't simply an unfinished version of a cool animated 3D sprite. It feels very un-Nintendo to release it with no animations. Oh well, I have no money in-game right now because Balloon World hooked me into being way too determined to get a really precise balloon again.

The 8-bit Mario Cap is very broken and clearly unfinished. He has no animations at all, won't change outfits, has feet that constantly clip through the ground, and won't even please the Toad in Peach's Castle who wants to see a "blocky Mario". It was cool at first, but I can't believe I spent 10,000 coins on this ripoff. What a waste.

he's like a meme fanhack mod

might as well import thomas the tank engine over mario instead

Isabelle said:

I know, right? I mean imagine how cool it would be for Mario to don the legendary Green Tunic or even the BotW one?

And why stop there? We could have Varia Suit Mario, Captain Falcon-cosplay Mario, King Dedede-cosplay Mario, Olimar Spacesuit Mario, Pokemon Trainer Mario... the possibilities are endless! I really hope Nintendo announces more costumes for Odyssey in the future.

I for one love the poorly animated Mario.

I would love to see it in Mario Kart.

MAXIMUM EFFORT

FrostyPhoenix said:
And why stop there? We could have Varia Suit Mario, Captain Falcon-cosplay Mario, King Dedede-cosplay Mario, Olimar Spacesuit Mario, Pokemon Trainer Mario... the possibilities are endless! I really hope Nintendo announces more costumes for Odyssey in the future.
DoiJRDXUwAAYZwh.jpg

that's all I ask

I recently found a weird new glitch in the game. If you wear the 8-bit Mario Cap and collect a Multi Moon, the Multi Moon doesn't appear. I tried it with the Ruined Dragon Rematch moon, and I'd assume it works in other Multi Moons too.

Somehow it's even more buggy than a fan mod.

Like they had one job: rig a static model to a hip bone. That's it.

FrostyPhoenix said:
Isabelle said:

I know, right? I mean imagine how cool it would be for Mario to don the legendary Green Tunic or even the BotW one?

Oh you know me.

LUCAR--

But sadly nothing remotely close to that will ever happen.

I wouldn't call it glitchy, it's pretty much what you get when you rig a prop to a skeleton meant to be bipedal and animated.

Considering I've seen countless number of mods that do the same thing and behave in the same manner, it's just meh for me at this point.

Just let them have fun. Since we have Invisible Mario, this costume is on par for the course.

Back