2001: A Mario Odyssey

Magikrazy said:
Ever notice how the two best 3D Mario games don't have Luigi?
Galaxy has Luigi though.

On the contrary, I think Super Mario Sunshine is one of the worst 3D Mario games.

Tadaomi Karasuma said:
I'm very unhappy that this Greenland-like island isn't the biggest continent in the world. :P

Mario should visist Canada.

He can dress like a lumberjack.

I didn't like the music at first but it's growing on me. The ambient noise is a nice touch though.

YoshiGo99 said:
I love the music in the Steam Gardens. I'm starting to get used to no music areas because at least you have the environmental noises.

No music is something I'm always used to.

Supreme Commander Fawful of the Digital Candy Troll Kingdom said:
They better not tie Luigi to an amiibo costume instead of making him playable normally.

Eh, I don't really care if he's playable or not. Luigi doesn't really make sense to be playable this time around because of the game's plot.

Unless Luigi is revealed to have godlike powers and makes the final blow to kill Bowser, that's another story.

memoryman3 said:
They better not tie Luigi to an amiibo costume instead of making him playable normally.

Eh, I don't really care if he's playable or not. Luigi doesn't really make sense to be playable this time around because of the game's plot.

When does plot in a Mario platformer matter at all?

Baby Luigi said:
memoryman3 said:

When does plot in a Mario platformer matter at all?

There's this whole Mario/Peach/Bowser thing this time around.

memoryman3 said:

Luigi being playable makes far more sense than Daisy being an important NPC.

memoryman3 said:

Luigi being playable makes far more sense than Daisy being an important NPC.

Well, they do have to make Luigi costumes for every single one of Mario's outfits, and there are quite a few of them this time around. I think Luigi will be there, but he will just be an NPC.

Some of them maybe but some would still look good on Luigi the way they are, simply altered to fit his body frame. At worst, add more green which isn't really hard to do if it's just a matter of textures. After every new 3D Mario since Galaxy having him playable this would feel like a step back, especially since we've got Superstar Saga being rereleased with its emphasis on the Bros. working together. Leaving Luigi out of this adventure would be a shame. Cappy already has a unique true form with Mario's cap as a transformation, he could easily transform into Luigi's cap as well.

memoryman3 said:
There's this whole Mario/Peach/Bowser thing this time around.

It was like this in Super Mario 64 too, and Super Mario Galaxy.

It's not like marriage is the crucial point of the plot, however little there is. And why does it have to be Mario? Any character saving Peach from a forced marriage can do it.

I like hats.

It would be clever but considering that I doubt the team behind the platformer games live in another universe where there are no Mario games outside of platformers, I'm betting they won't do it.

I mean, if we hadn't already seen the Donkey Kong references and Pauline we'd probably be saying the same thing about that since Nintendo's timelines start with Super Mario Bros.

We're forgetting the literal Mario Kart level in 3D World? Or the various spinoffs the costumes in SMO reference?

Back