2001: A Mario Odyssey

Re: NEW 3D MARIO

I'm speculating that it is a 64/Sunshine/Galaxy title but not a direct sequel to any of them. But, like some people have been saying, it's to early to really say.
Yoshi the SSM said:
I'm actually finding many of the Mario title games good. The only titles that I find bad for this game are
*New Super Mario 64. (I will say "What were you thinking, Nintendo.")
*New Super Mario Galaxy.
*New Super Mario 3D
*A name with swearing on it. (I don't like swearing)
*Super Mario: Bowser Returns (Bowser has been in many recent games so it will be surprising if it is called this. And a little disappointed if has nothing to do with Bowser returning)
*Super Mario 64 Galaxy Land/World

I could accept the first 2 if there is a really good picture. I find the New Super Mario games to be good names, but they get old over time and lose the right to be called New. Saying Newer, Newest in the title has an even worst name. I am not seeing New for these three titles (at the top) I mentioned.
Yes, those would all be pretty dumb. A game with swearing in the name? "Super Mario *Bleep*", rated M for Violence, strong language, etc. That will happen when pigs fly.
I think they'll give it a new name because I think it's a new game. (Hey, that rhymed.)

Anyhow, swearing in a Mario game title already happened. ;)

800px-Galaxy_Logo_V2.jpg

I dun get it.

look how some letters have one sparkle

now, spell those letters out.

Pft. That's SO LONG GAY BOWSER levels of reaching.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Anyhow, swearing in a Mario game title already happened. ;)

800px-Galaxy_Logo_V2.jpg

The swearing here was pretty much hidden, there's no way a kid could find out. Also, who knows if it is intentional, maybe it was just a coincidence.

Mario Party also had its lovely share of swearing, just as long as you're playing in the correct region. :luigi: :wario:

There is also this, from Super Mario Bros.: Peach-hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen!, a cover for a record label, lol

wtf.jpg

Forgot something..

Look now at the mario galaxy 2 boxart.

If you look at the letters with sparkles, well, they don't really make sense. But if you read them backwards, it reads something. Probably answering the prequel's question.

Here let me make that easier.

18j3yvq0a7x8ejpg.jpg

You should read them backwards otherwise it doesn't really make sense.

Makes perfect sense to me. U R MI ALY = you are my ally

It's a subliminal reference to Co-Star Luma's role in the game.

Don't believe me? Who's on the box next to the logo?
Super_Mario_Galaxy_2_Box_Art.jpg

Exactly.

Oh yeah, didn't see that.
Because I never really bothered reading the letters in the correct order, since a saw the backwards spelling on youtube.
Anyway, it reads YA I M R U? (Yeah I am are you?) backwards so I guess there were two messages on the boxart lol.
Anyway, back on topic because i actually forgot this was all about the mario game for nintendo switch.

Seeing as the "town" in the video looks somewhat Mexican, I hope we get Sombrero Guys and maybe a few festive looking Dry Bones.

I know we're supposed to be back on subject, but I must comment:
SMG and SMG2 hidden messages: Completely unintended (hopefully).
Mario Party and Super Mario Bros.: Peach-hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen!: The Japanese don't mind swearing in English, apparently.
On a side note, :wario: swearing isn't that surprising, but :luigi:? I am ashamed of you, my avatar! (By the way, my avatar is exclusively N64-style Luigi.)

To be fair, there isn't much to talk about aside from speculating all sorts of crap. Going into swearing and subliminal messages is a better use of our time. ;)

P.S. I make fun of N64 Luigi, especially if he's voiced by that French guy.

They could indicate the entrance of a certain level but gamexplain pretty much says they're "collectible".

They could also be placeholder objects and turn out out to be something you'd never imagined.

Just like the rest of this game/tech demo/prototype.

LeftyGreenMario said:
P.S. I make fun of N64 Luigi, especially if he's voiced by that French guy.
Then here is a picture for you:
Marioparty1artwork.jpg
It's not a spoiler, it's just a large image.
[quote author=Luigi from Japanese Mario Kart 64]
Luigi is the top!
[/quote]

i thought it was ''Luigi is the pope''

MK64 JP is so terrible in this regard , why Nintendo thought it was a good idea for some characters to speak english with japanese, french and even german voice actors , like what.

''Get lady''

''Bleeeeh Beach has got it''

''Alight!''

You can feel the struggle

Super Mario Odyssey

So, I just saw the game. I loved it. But the bad news, it's not coming out until the holidays. So, what do you guys think?

Back