2001: A Mario Odyssey

Re: NEW 3D MARIO

Swiftie_Luma said:
Otoomba ...

Galaxy Cacti ...

Rosalina cameo incoming.

-----------------------

What if this is SMG3 and its just a mexican themed Galaxy??

The possibilities...
The cactus guy looks more like a Beanish.

There is a rumor that this game would be launch title instead of Breath of the Wild
How do you feel about this. I am thinking: I really hope so.

Breath of the Wild, a game that has been announced for a while and has lots of gameplay footage vs a game with only 3 seconds of footage and no official title

I doubt it.

i doubt it too

the very thought is rather silly

You guys are probably right. But, I don't think we will know 100% for sure until January 12 in Americas and January 13 for Europe and the East side of the world.

I won't be surprised that Breath of the Wild was delayed, but not the Wii U version due to the Switch version needing more work done.

Last of all, as long as the Mario game is release within the first six months (true according to a rumor before the reveal) (not Smash Bros. Mario game. This game that is being discussed), I will be satisfied when I get the Switch.

well things can change in that time but its more over what we have now more then anything.

Although i hope nintendo takes their time with breath of the wild, as too many big open world games really suffer from massive glitches and bugs and i dont want them to release by any soon deadline.

I am calling this game Super Mario 64 Switch unless I hear a different name from Nintendo. Here are the reasons.
*Super Mario 64 was release on Day One of Nintendo 64
*Super Mario 64 DS was release on Day One of Nintendo DS
*Super Mario 64 DS was release on the second generation console after the Super Mario 64. The Switch is the second generation from the DS. Please note that this is taking into account that 64 and DS are two different types of consoles
*Hearts appear in the clip
*They can easily switch things up for the game to make it brand new while still having the feeling of the first and second versions

So, what are your thoughts on the name?

Salazzle said:
It would just make more sense to simply call it "mario switch"

That name is a generic name, but it has more options to play around. But, I don't see Nintendo coming out and saying, "Here's the new Mario game, "Mario Switch". It is a great game to play." How many people would buy that instead of "Here's the new Mario game, "Super Mario 64 Switch". It will have brand new levels, but keep the feeling of the first game."

Salazzle said:
Yoshi the SSM said:
Salazzle said:
It would just make more sense to simply call it "mario switch"

That name is a generic name
I mean right now for a placeholder title cause we basically know nothing about it besides maybe 5 seconds of gameplay and mass speculation.

I guess you could use Mario Switch as a placeholder, but I am calling it Super Mario 64 Switch. Is there anyone out there that thinks what I am calling it name is good?

I'd only call it SM64 Switch if say the footage we got was of a HD re-imagining of something from Super Mario 64. And even then Super Mario 64 HD would be the more likely tentative name.

IMO it looks like something that will probably get a completely new Mario game name once the final title is released. It doesn't really seem like an obvious sequel to anything. But then again we only have 5 seconds. So even what I'm saying is just speculation.

There's nothing clearly Super Mario 64-like to justify calling it that. You're free to personally call it that if you'd like, but I hope you aren't going to be upset if the game isn't deemed a straight-up sequel to SM64

After Super Mario Sunshine I don't think we can be so sure about the title before it is revealed.
I mean, it should be Super Mario something, if it is part of the Super Mario series, but even this is actually speculation...

I didn't like the name Super Mario 64 DS, so I would not like the name Super Mario 64 Switch either. Both seem needlessly clunky to me, but at least the DS one has the excuse of being a straight up remake of 64. Nothing from what little info we have implied that this is the case here.

And again, I find it odd that the first thing that comes to people's minds when they see footage of a new 3D Mario game is, "definitely a Galaxy/Sunshine/64 sequel". Why can't it just be its own thing?

Salazzle said:
Yoshi the SSM said:
Northern Verve said:
but I hope you aren't going to be upset if the game isn't deemed a straight-up sequel to SM64

I won't be upset. Unless it is a really bad name.
You must be upset at Mario titles a lot then

I'm actually finding many of the Mario title games good. The only titles that I find bad for this game are
*New Super Mario 64. (I will say "What were you thinking, Nintendo.")
*New Super Mario Galaxy.
*New Super Mario 3D
*A name with swearing on it. (I don't like swearing)
*Super Mario: Bowser Returns (Bowser has been in many recent games so it will be surprising if it is called this. And a little disappointed if has nothing to do with Bowser returning)
*Super Mario 64 Galaxy Land/World

I could accept the first 2 if there is a really good picture. I find the New Super Mario games to be good names, but they get old over time and lose the right to be called New. Saying Newer, Newest in the title has an even worst name. I am not seeing New for these three titles (at the top) I mentioned.

Can we just call it OMG 3 SECONDS OF NEW MARIO GAME FOOTAGE I'M SO HYPED!!!

Back