2001: A Mario Odyssey

They just have to care enough to actually make anymore costumes, which at this moment I doubt.

Koopaul said:
I would have liked to have seen Mario dressed as Zero Suit Samus.
Me too. Though swim trunks and wedding dress Mario gave me a satisfying enough nosebleed.

Personally, I would like an Inkling costume and a Chibi Robo costume, 'cause I think their base designs would fit Mario quite well, more so than Diddy Kong (even though the Nintendo hat is great for a Master Higgins impersonation).

Thank you for reading.

Here's a fun video: Can Mario complete his adventure without jumping? Note that the video contains spoilers: you are warned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HZ-nfMfu8o

If you don't want to watch the video, here is how the player approached the tricky portions that would count as a jump:
- If Cappy gives a boost to Mario, it doesn't count as a jump, so by throwing Cappy and bouncing on him, it allows Mario to "jump", allow him to do a cap dive to cover ground
- When Mario is unconscious at Bonneton and The Forgotten Isles, Mario will eventually get up without actually jumping
- When Mario captured an enemy, their jump actions do not count, so it's possible to reach high places with them
- In Fossil Falls, there is a 2D section that requires jumping by default to reach the boss area, therefore it would seem impossible, but there is a trampoline that makes the T-rex bounce super high, allowing Mario to escape the dino and reach Madame Broode without initiating a jump action
- On The Forgotten Isles, Cappy would have been captured by Klepto, but Mario cannot reach the air without jumping if he's alone. The trick is to go high up before the area where Klepto will snatch Cappy away, and defeat him at his home turf before he did any stealing
- In Bowser's second battle, there are sometimes where Bowser would create rings of fire while Mario's in Bowser's top-hat, but by rolling and attacking, he can avoid Bowser's attacks.
- Talking to NPCs normally would initiate the jump counter, presumably because there is a split millisecond where Mario is jumping, so to solve this, Mario ground pounds before the NPC and talk to them in mid-air since Mario is technically in his "jump" state, but is not actually jumping
- Finally, in the Moon's Core, Mario wakes up automatically as a regular jump, so it would seem impossible to not jump, were it not for the second player. Yes, Cappy can bounce Mario so that he wakes up without jumping, and continuing from there.

By doing this, talking to Toadette will show that Mario's jump counter is zero, so it is indeed possible to complete this game without Mario jumping.

Thank you for reading.

This might be wishful thinking but it would be pretty cool if Odyssey got some DLC for some extra costumes and Kingdoms like one themed after Donkey Kong's Island, Sarasaland or maybe even the Beanbean Kingdom.

Also free :luigi: DLC would be pretty rad too.

I find a Sarasland kingdom unlikely because of Tostarena, but I'm still holding out for a Beanbean Kingdom or Sunshine Kingdom (Isle Delfino)

ArchagentEverlasting said:
I find a Sarasland kingdom unlikely because of Tostarena, but I'm still holding out for a Beanbean Kingdom or Sunshine Kingdom (Isle Delfino)

Beanbean kingdom lacks a central gimmick to base a level off of.

Beanbean kingdom's gimmick can be, maybe, you plant a lot of shit and everyone is laughing or something.

I also mean visual gimmick.

A Shroob Planet would be amazing to explore in.

Perhaps the Birabuto Kingdom portion could be minimized to be a somewhat smaller area that has a few pyramids and Daisy's palace in favor of focusing on Muda, Easton and Chai portions of Sarasland?

Also Isle Delfino would be cool too.

Mario Claus said:

Perhaps the Birabuto Kingdom portion could be minimized to be a somewhat smaller area that has a few pyramids and Daisy's palace in favor of focusing on Muda, Easton and Chai portions of Sarasland?
Thank you! Sarasaland is so much more than just desert.

That being said, I would like to see what Daisy's castle officially looks like. Maybe in Odyssey, maybe in 2019.

Perhaps instead of new kingdoms the DLC will have you visit new areas in each kingdom.

Remember these kingdoms are huge and unbeknownst to us they may hous efamiliar locations like Dinosaur Land in the Cascade Kingdom. Maybe DK Island is a part of the Lost Kingdom but close to the Metro Kingdom?

Well, I thought because those kingdoms are huge they can't have new kingdom DLC, unless you're willing to wait lots of months for each time they make a new kingdom.

I wish the following Kingdoms could be added to the game.

• Beanbean Kingdom
  • Sarasaland

But there's a 1% likelihood of that happening. It's so ridiculously astronomically unlikely that it hurts.

Baby Luigi said:
Well, I thought because those kingdoms are huge they can't have new kingdom DLC, unless you're willing to wait lots of months for each time they make a new kingdom.

Well that's why instead of new Kingdoms I suggested new locations within those kingdoms. You can use the same assests that already exist in the game to build an new area.

I'd be more interested in seeing previous established Mario locations show up, so there can at least be some sense of continuity and legacy. It could be nice if the Seaside Kingdom has a DLC island set off the coast of Isle Delfino connecting the two. You can't go to Isle Delfino, but you can see it across the shoreline. For the sake of continuity and legacy!

Mario gives very little shits about continuity.

Hence why I said it's highly unlikely. And it's Nintendo that doesn't care for continuity, I'm sure Mario would love it.

Nintendo doesn't care for continuity? Really? Are you just going to ignore the other more story-heavy game series that Nintendo has put out that has cared more about continuity?

No, it's right, Mario in general doesn't care for continuity.

TheSuperStarSaga said:
Hence why I said it's highly unlikely. And it's Nintendo that doesn't care for continuity, I'm sure Mario would love it.
Yes, Mario himself has been campaigning within Nintendo to have his games follow a cohesive story.

"See I had this story where I fight my bro in this big over dramatic battle full of angst and sadness."

Back