2001: A Mario Odyssey

memoryman3 said:
I am looking forward to running around with a ridiculous looking Daisy wig next month!
That doesn't sound like something Nintendo would do even if they DID support her amiibo.

I'm interested in the Mushroom Kingdom and how it will be depicted. Hopefully they do something interesting so it doesn't pale in comparison to the other kingdoms.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
memoryman3 said:
I am looking forward to running around with a ridiculous looking Daisy wig next month!
That doesn't sound like something Nintendo would do even if they DID support her amiibo.

I'm interested in the Mushroom Kingdom and how it will be depicted. Hopefully they do something interesting so it doesn't pale in comparison to the other kingdoms.

They are doing it with Wedding Peach.

I think the Mushroom Kingdom will be like the NSMB games and 3D Land/World in terms of aesthetic. Don't know what you're expecting.

Super Mario 64 had places where they look the same as another in terms of type of level.

Clock Kingdom and Rainbow Kingdom confirm? Not yet. I mean, we have the Luncheon Kingdom, which doesn't fit in Super Mario 64 Places. Rainbow Cruise, maybe.

memoryman3 said:
nico's #2 fan said:
I wonder how they're going to make the Lake Kingdom distinctly different from the Seaside Kingdom.

The Seaside Kingdom seems to be mostly underwater, but I think the Lake Kingdom will be more above ground.

I don't know, I feel like the Seaside Kingdom will be a mixture of underwater and like a harbor or a port. And this would be the kingdom where you get the captain's hat and I assume captain clothes. Unless there's yet another water kingdom to be revealed... which let's hope not because Nintendo knows we hate Water levels.

As for the Lake Kingdom, I think this is where you will be able to get the Swim gear. But when I try to visualize it I can only think of the Wooded Kingdom and some levels from Color Splash. So I'm not entirely sure.

We still have 5 more kingdoms until it reaches the amount of courses SM64 had. Hopefully we will see more than 15 kingdoms. Crossing my fingers for a lava and Japan style kingdom.

YoshiGo99 said:
Unless there's yet another water kingdom to be revealed... which let's hope not because Nintendo knows we hate Water levels.
I don't think so.
Yamamura]Coo. (Let's start with everyone's favorite: the [color=red]Underwater theme[/color].)[/quote] Obviously said:
memoryman3 said:
Only the wedding amiibo are compatible.
I wonder why they are showing just the wedding amiibo?

Alex95 said:
Anyway, with the apparent addition of the Mushroom Kingdom, I'd love to see other kingdoms return. Sarasaland and the Beanbean Kingdom come to mind. Probably not going to happen, but it's a fun thought.
If Sarasaland DID make a return, I'd imagine we'd have to wait until 2019 for it, because then it'd be for Super Mario Land's 30th anniversary.

And does the remake of Superstar Saga count as a return to the Beanbean Kingdom?

Dinosaur Land, I don't think that is too possible since we already have Fossil Falls, which is the prehistoric themed level. I don't say it won't happen, it's just not that likely, but cool nonetheless.

We can Attack Mister Apple? Why would we do that?
Or is it that we can All Merrily Argue? We can Adequately Maim Ants? We can Absorb Many Anecdotes?
Ask Me Anything. It's Ask Me Anything.

Alex95 said:
Isle Delfino.
This would be so cool because Odyssey is the closest we've got to Sunshine since it came out and it'd be a great throwback. Also kinda makes sense with Whomp's Fortress being in SMG2.

Would be interesting to find what's going to be the hardest part of the game (hardest parts are usually optional for game, but required for 100%) as
and
So what will be
  • _ to Super Mario Odyssey.
We won't really know until the game is release.

It might be actually fun for once, knowing that I have no life penalty.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Luigi 64DD said:
Odyssey is the closest we've got to Sunshine
Oh dear no
Nope, that's a good thing. Sunshine is underrated mainly because of a few bad things like Pachinko Game and blue coins and stuff like that. It's still a good game overall, and Odyssey will likely use the good things about Sunshine while throwing out the bad.

Yoshi the SSM said:
Some of the purple coin missions were harder than the Planet of Trials IMO.

Back