2001: A Mario Odyssey

Mcmadness said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
I want Mario in a swim trunk now.

The moment I saw that I knew you would be excited.
Same. Literally my first thought was "LeftyGreenMario's gonna be happy."

This is objectively the best part of the direct

Pauline said:
Think about the inevitable mods in the future.

tumblr_mlm9m0jR1t1rrftcdo2_250.gif

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I hope I can use that outfit in the Ice Kingdom.

That might not be a smart thing to do if it turns out that Mario will take damage if he's not wearing the proper outfit for handling the freezing temperatures.

MnSG said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I hope I can use that outfit in the Ice Kingdom.

That might not be a smart thing to do if it turns out that Mario will take damage if he's not wearing the proper outfit for handling the freezing temperatures.
Didn't stop BOTW players from going through the whole game in boxers.

That is where the Wedding Peach amiibo could've come in handy. If what it did was get you the dress, but it doesn't, so yeah.

YoshiGo99 said:
I love the Graffiti, they did it in Super Bell Subway too.

Also the Doc is in.
dEd9KIG.png

COOL! I really hope you can get this with the Dr. Mario amiibo!

And now that crossdressing is a thing now, I really hope we get Mario wearing Daisy or Rosalina attire (but mostly Daisy attire). I don't need yet another heartbreaking amiibo disappointment.

The other function for generic amiibo is giving the player Power Moon hints.
Still not sure of the specific functions for other Mario-related amiibo, if any.

(So not SMM-like function, but more like BotW-like function)

infinite8 said:
Still not sure of the specific functions for other Mario-related amiibo, if any.

I really hope they don't phone this aspect in...

If they do, then I will save my money for something else like Sonic Forces.

memoryman3 said:
infinite8 said:

You're gonna skip out on Odyssey because it doesn't have the amiibo support you were never guaranteed?

GalacticPetey said:
memoryman3 said:
infinite8 said:

You're gonna skip out on Odyssey because it doesn't have the amiibo support you were never guaranteed?

Well, I can skip on the game if I want to and it's not wrong to be disappointed about something that you are passionate about.

In the end, yeah, you can set up expectations that only end up letting yourself down in the long run, and yes, we can still criticize you for it.

Ok hold on now.

You are going to skip on Odyssey, the best Mario game in something like a decade, for something as stupid as weak amiibo support?

I mean I know you want that amiibo service you always wanted and maybe this "Daisy amiibo support" thing, and I respect your opinion, but you can't say wether a game is good or bad just based on amiibo. I don't care about amiibo, I'm going to get the game because it looks great, and I know I'll love it. Also you can't get a game just for the amiibo.

I mean ok, it's your opinion, you have the right to think that way, and knowing you, I guess I can't really convince you.

I'd skip on Odysessy mostly because it's going to be a "really good single player game i'll forget about because i'm too busy playing other games i would rather be playing more" scenario. I guess my twin is all over this game because of sexy yet family friendly outfitted Mario, if anything.

Well it does have a co-op mode so you 2 could still play it together.

Nah, this game doesn't tickle the pickle for me enough.

If anything, I just want the model rips and sound rips.

Would be nice if I were to pick it up later but the direct didn't really made more hyped than the mellow hype I already have. I think I even got a little bored and impatient in the trailer.

Well, there IS Wedding Mario amiibo.

I think the "wild" Mario look also looks pretty damn good (probably because it's so original and different and Mario's also not wearing a shirt :^)), but I love all costumes.

Not wedding Mario, the top hat one that can be briefly* seen in the Odyssey.
Look, I have a penchant for top hats.

*I suppose the swimming trunks one is the one that an be seen briefly.

I think Mario looks especially good in a top hat because it makes him not look as stumpy.

What about Top Hat with giant claws?

Back