Mario Sports Superstars

OMG , just finished the Special Cup in Golf as Rosalina and it was HELL.

Literally , i was struggling so much because the freaking tournament table screwed me over.

ONLY power characters.

Me (Rosalina) vs First Match (Wario) , Second Match (DK) and Final Match (Bowser)

It was horrible , specially against Bowser because he has slightly better range than Rosalina and the CPU always tied with me! So annoying lol.

GlhMZSC.png

Yeah, I had a similar uphill battle as Baby Luigi, except worse because he's the weakest golfer in the game. However, to make up for it, he won't screw up as badly if you don't align the bars properly, unlike, say, Bowser or Donkey Kong.

I think the course itself, Wild Valley, has lots of hard problems, like, especially putting on the green and some of its beastly Par 3 holes (I'm looking at the one with the high island, yeah, Baby Luigi LOVES heights with his low trajectory balls). The irony is that Wild Valley uses the exact same ambient sound effects as Lakitu Valley and Cheep Cheep Forest from Toadstool Tour, the easiest courses in that game (lol trivia).

This is my retaliation (also I won two medals take that Rosalina)

AYJVOm5.png

This game made me realise that all the bad and lazy Mario games seem to be the ones with a large cast these days....hmmmmm

This is not a bad and lazy Mario game.

Baby Luigi said:
This is not a bad and lazy Mario game.

Yes it is. I got it (in a "special" way) and the football was just pitiful. Everyone moves like magnets and the 30FPS does not help. Also, they have perfectly fine original renders of the characters to use as cards....yet we got recycled art instead. Need I mention the terrible voice direction of the game? I counted two unused Daisy voice clips which didn't get used for a reason.

I'll admit, soccer/football could use some work. There have been several points were it feels like the computer is overruling my controls. But it is not by any means a bad game. I'm certainly having fun with it, tennis is so far my favorite sport here (though, that's probably because it's the most familiar to me). The graphics are great, the gameplay is mostly solid, and the cards has a good mixture of recycled and new art.

Not a perfect game, sure, but not a bad one either.

memoryman3 said:
Yes it is.

No it's not.

memoryman3 said:
Everyone moves like magnets and the 30FPS does not help.

30 fps? So that means the game runs normally on a handheld device. That's good to know. How does that make it bad again?

Also, you sound like a person who came in expecting soccer to play exactly like Strikers and be exactly like Strikers and play identically like Strikers.

memoryman3 said:
Also, they have perfectly fine original renders of the characters to use as cards....yet we got recycled art instead.

This does not impact the quality of the game itself. At all.

memoryman3 said:
Need I mention the terrible voice direction of the game? I counted two unused Daisy voice clips which didn't get used for a reason.

I personally think it has better voice direction than Mario Kart 8, and having unused "muh waifu" voice clips doesn't automatically translate to "lol bad voice direction"

The Horse aspect of Mario Sports Superstars is the best part of Mario Sports Superstars and I hope there is a game entirely based on horse racing. Gameplay itself needs work, though, as there is little strategy to beating computers beyond from learning the course and saving all three boosts for last part of the race. Unless all three people are boosting at once, it's better to just let the herd effect make you catch up naturally. IDK what you can do if you fall far behind and by yourself.

Tennis and Golf are hands down my favorite sports on the Sports Superstars game.

the rest are ok , but could have some improvements though they are not as bad as mm3 is saying tbh.

It is pretty normal for Nintendo to have reused renders for previous games to make the cards , that's realy not a new or surprising thing. In fact , im more surprised they still did some new ones for the Promotional artwork of each sport and the UI itself.

Fun fact , they also updated several UI elements such as the character icons we see in the tournaments (their faces as they go up in matches)

in Open and WT respectively those have lower quality and detail , Sports Super Stars remade them in a higher quality , kinda like MK8 to MK8D minimap icons.

As for the so called voice direction , that doesn't even exists in this game as they obviously compiled A LOT OF STUFF from past games and gave it to us like that.

For the Daisy comment on this , that's really really really really stupid. Daisy has 1 voice actress , reuses tons of her clips in various other games as well. Nothing relevant.

Certain other characters have been affected by this and therefore gives a bad impression , but Daisy is certainly not one of those.

Though , i dont even care anymore as i have succesfuly modded Rosalina's , Bowser's , Bowser Jr's , PGP and Metal Mario's voices back to how they are suppoused to be to the current incarnation , except for Rosalina who has her Kerri voice clips in my game (and all the other 3ds games where she was replaced as a matter of fact)

So yeah , mm3 doesn't have a real point on this and the game is pretty fine for what it is.

moving on.

I think golf is the weakest sport in this game, tbh, because Mario Golf: World Tour *almost* outclasses the golf in this game, while also having tougher courses. The only thing that puts the golf of this game over World Tour? Baby Mario and Baby Luigi of course! What a delight to play as them for once, especially Baby Luigi, love him so much and he finally gets more quips of personality for once.

Golf is worse than Mario Golf: World Tour in every other aspect, I'm sorry.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Golf is worse than Mario Golf: World Tour in every other aspect, I'm sorry.

MetalMarioDoubleBogey.png

memoryman3 said:
This game made me realise that all the bad and lazy Mario games seem to be the ones with a large cast these days....hmmmmm
If you going to complain about how bad all the recent Mario games have been then don't play any of them.

Err, that's not a good comeback.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Tennis and Golf are hands down my favorite sports on the Sports Superstars game.

the rest are ok , but could have some improvements though they are not as bad as mm3 is saying tbh.

It is pretty normal for Nintendo to have reused renders for previous games to make the cards , that's realy not a new or surprising thing. In fact , im more surprised they still did some new ones for the Promotional artwork of each sport and the UI itself.

Fun fact , they also updated several UI elements such as the character icons we see in the tournaments (their faces as they go up in matches)

in Open and WT respectively those have lower quality and detail , Sports Super Stars remade them in a higher quality , kinda like MK8 to MK8D minimap icons.

As for the so called voice direction , that doesn't even exists in this game as they obviously compiled A LOT OF STUFF from past games and gave it to us like that.

For the Daisy comment on this , that's really really really really stupid. Daisy has 1 voice actress , reuses tons of her clips in various other games as well. Nothing relevant.

Certain other characters have been affected by this and therefore gives a bad impression , but Daisy is certainly not one of those.

Though , i dont even care anymore as i have succesfuly modded Rosalina's , Bowser's , Bowser Jr's , PGP and Metal Mario's voices back to how they are suppoused to be to the current incarnation , except for Rosalina who has her Kerri voice clips in my game (and all the other 3ds games where she was replaced as a matter of fact)

So yeah , mm3 doesn't have a real point on this and the game is pretty fine for what it is.

moving on.

I bet they already made super HQ assets of the icons way before Superstars. Mario Kart 8 also had all new game-specific voice clips for most characters, including Baby Daisy and Daisy, which is automatically better than the regurgitated unused clips we got in this game.

You are wrong.

Both Open's and and WT icons are lower in quality.

They updated them in SSS , even added collars to Rosalina , Peach and Daisy.

as for the rest , what does that even have to do with anything? What's your point anymore?

If anything , once again , you prove your complete incompetence when it's time to put arguments in a discussion.

The fact that you pretend Daisy OUT OF ALL THE CHARACTERS that actualy suffered from voice inconsistencies in SSS has some issues in that are is simply trash.

You are cancelled for the 243535th time , ''Rosalina-sama''

I really love some of Baby Luigi's either unheard or unused voice clips in this game.

Swiftie_Luma said:
You are wrong.

Both Open's and and WT icons are lower in quality.

They updated them in SSS , even added collars to Rosalina , Peach and Daisy.

as for the rest , what does that even have to do with anything? What's your point anymore?

If anything , once again , you prove your complete incompetence when it's time to put arguments in a discussion.

The fact that you pretend Daisy OUT OF ALL THE CHARACTERS that actualy suffered from voice inconsistencies in SSS has some issues in that are is simply trash.

You are cancelled for the 243535th time , ''Rosalina-sama''

I was giving Daisy as an example. I immediately noticed that the overall audio quality in general is really rough. Some of the music like Kingdom Stadium are great to listen to though. The collars were in Ultra Smash too, so it must have been pulled from there.

If they weren't lazy, then we would see all new voicework to suit the events, more varied and Mario like courses, better AI and physics for games like Football and amiibo support that extended to the figures, among MANY MANY other things.

Audio quality sounds fine to me, get your auditory cortex in your brain corrected.

None of this screams lazy, it screams lack of time.

To be fair, Action 52 is a thing.

This isn't comparable at all, but having multiple games in one doesn't automatically make something not lazy.

I wouldn't call it lazy so much as its a lot of stuff but across 5 sports making things feel less then satisfying for each individual thing if each were it's own game.

Back