Mario Sports Superstars

I think they could have done something different for Metal Mario's and Pink Gold Peach's themes. Metal Mario could have had the Metal Box, and PGP maybe the Gold Flower or a diamond.

Baby Luigi said:
Give me the Baby Luigi voices.

PS I have your parents. If you ever want to see them again, send me them.

Love, BLOF
You forgot the part where you tell Swiftie he's* prettier than other users.

*or is it "she's"? I've been using both

Nah, it was always his orange face esque of Bowser.

In this game he doesn't even wear the bib on his face playing tennis.

Well all characters have their usual emblems. What you're referring to is their optional, alternate, pro gear emblems you can swap out.

Baby Luigi has his usual bonnet L, but you can make him use a 1-Up Mushroom too. I prefer the bonnet L though, because it's unique to Baby Luigi.

Progess Update:

I can finally say what the hell is going on in here , this game has messed my head but not anymore .

This is what actually happens.

Mario Sports Superstars has a tragic compression system.

Half of the audio files are Compressed by Bandai Namco and the other tiny bit is compressed by Camelot.

How do i know this? Well , sound files for Horse Racing , Baseball and Soccer are all packed in a certain way , identical to Smash Bros files.

This makes sense because Namco also was involved in Smash , and in this game too.

Furthermore Tennis and Golf use an enterily different compression , which again makes sense because those 2 are developed by Camelot.

So , yeah i was not wrong picking on Camelot because Namco's files can actually be obtained (Yes , i managed to finally make them all work with no flaws) with the same method of Smash 3DS + my own intelligence , seriously i did some magic to extract these things considering i am not experieced with hex editing whatsoever.

There are 3 Sound files. 1 has most SFX, the other has the music , and the third one has all the Camelot stuff.

So , Short version :

I got every voice for Horse Racing , Baseball and Soccer + the character select screen.

and saddly i cannot get either Golf or Tennis sounds because those use a different compression that i haven't figured out yet.

This is trash , because if all of them were in 1 file it would be miles easier. But i am getting there , NEVER GIVE UP!

I was about to the other day , but magically i did my way.

Now i am gonna test to see if i can actually replace files to make custom voices!

I hope someone can help me with this. File replacement for sfx and voices doesnt work so far , and im getting tired of it.

plus Camelot stuff still doesn't work for me ... damn it why can't it be easier ... why didn't they give this only to 1 person instead of repacking in 2 different ways on the same game.

By the way here are the requested sounds , the ones i got so far fully working.

:babyluigi: Baby Lugi

http://www.mediafire.com/file/q1bor4nhwb4vp0a/Baby_Luigi_WAV.zip

:pgp: Pink Gold Peach

http://www.mediafire.com/file/q9yg41967qnnuq0/PGP_WAV.zip

Inside both files there are folders with different names.

this is the meaning:

BSB= Baseball
JKY= Horse Racing
SOC= Soccer
MNU= Character Select screen.

Yaaaayyy! Even though only baseball has new voice clips out of the pack!!!! :D

Custom sounds for the 3 extracted sports IS NOW POSSIBLE!

YES!

i am closer to claim full victory on this game and beat Camelot's messy ass!

Wooo!

I'm gonna upload a sneak peek soon.

I hope you do it soon, I want Baby Mario's crying voice in both tennis and golf, as well as new Baby Luigi voice clips in golf.

i am on it

Ironically the smallest file is the one with most trouble.

I am on my way replacing Laura's sounds with Kerri Kane's voice.

I will go slow with the full mods. This game is more annoying to mod so probably will do a complete Kerri Kane mod and some custom sounds for certain characters (like Daisy and that weird sound) and that will be it for a while. It's fine since the golf sport is already covered.

Progress Update 2

Remember when i said i knew it all finally? Well , no. I was kinda incorrect.

Now , for real i know.

So yeah , basically this game has various folders inside the romfs folder , which is the folder that you obtain after extracting the game.

There's only a few folders with simple names such as ''na''.

I thought na folder had all the sounds , but turns out ''na'' only has sounds for Horse Racing , Soccer and Baseball aka the Namco sports.

After figuring it out , and realising there's a folder named ''ca'' it was obvious.

na= Namco

ca= Camelot

So yup...

Short Version , i found CAMELOT sounds and voices for Golf and Tennis.

But sadly only Tennis noises are full in quality. Golf sounds as well as Victory animation quotes for tennis and the award ceremony have a weird data that makes them play horrible and you can barely tell what the sound is.

Here's an example

WARNING LOUD SOUNG

https://a.pomf.cat/cmxswm.wav

All sound horrible , but thankfuly they can be replaced an custom voices are possible. Custom Camelot music , however , it's not possible because they use a different audio format than most Nintendo games , like MK7.

Also , thanks to my good ears i can tell that sound it's Kerri's ''All right'' from World Tour, so it's not that hard to replace but it's annoying.

Finally, there was no real point in ripping Golf Voices because the files for voices are mixed with the sound effects and they are not even individual.

For example , in Rosalina's Golf Eagle

She says ''Wooo!'' and the Lumas make noises and she then laughts plus the sfx from outer space and stars etc.

All of this is in 1 file. So when you play it to listen , you will not listen to just voices , it's like listening to the whole animation without the music.

Actuallllllllllly I'd find use for the sound effects for those post-hole animations. I make my Left 4 Dead 2 (and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U) the most bizarre and surreal I could, and the more smexual, creepy, and mashed together it sounds, especially for the ambience, the better.

Still custom voices are a thing now , and it's gonna be great.

Well , looks like i am only going to make a Kerri Kane mod. For the Sake of time and because i don't have enough patience with changing Mario Golf Sounds.

Besides i would need to add sfx too and that's too much work ... like after all i went through i just wanna have this one way thats fine for me and rest lol

I also have a special surprise for this mod.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
They did keep her spin animation when she returns to home base, right?
Yes, but while running the bases she's doing something completely different. Everyone else still does their Super Sluggers run.

I do like that the umpire in baseball has new voice clips. Now I can actually understand what he's saying, unlike Lakitu in Mario Super Sluggers.

STEAK!!! OUT!!!

DAD'SA GAEM!!!

Back