Mario Sports Superstars

I'm like holy fuck, this must be some big compilation. We're getting Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Baseball, and Mario Strikers (sorta) all at the same time in one compilation with 1 new game.

GalacticPetey said:
My worry is that the baseball portion is just watered down Sluggers with less features, stadiums, and characters. That's what it's looking like.

I know it probably would be like that, but eh, I'm extreme happy with what we got so far

i honestly dont see any legit reason to complain about this game.

good sports chosen to be in the compilation - check
Great roster that has no virtual flaws , even Babies are on it - check
Great artwork - check
Many promotion material just for an annoucement , even with box art - check
Everybody is 99% likely to be playable in any sport aside from the generic sidekicks - check

Soo----

Like there's nothing really relevant to hate on yet , and people somehow do it.

Human nature is confusing.

My main concern is that the modes aren't going to be fleshed out enough. So far all we know is a tournament mode and multiplayer.

Also dang that artwork looks amazing.

Mario Sports Mix managed have lots of fun with each sport, don't see why this game can't.

I wish there was a Baby Luigi artwork like that though :P

Hopefully they'll release them at a later time.

Also hold up a sec does this mean that Baby Luigi can play tennis?

Ninelevendo said:

Yes! Along with Baby Mario!

I think the roster is going to be bigger than "Ultra Smash".

If Paratroopa is playable, then Pianta should be playable.

If Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are playable, then other three babies from MK8 should be playable. And if all 5 babies from MK8 are playable, then Baby DK, Baby Bowser and Baby Wario should be playable. AND THEY WOULD INTRODUCE BABY WALUIGI!

Ninelevendo said:
My main concern is that the modes aren't going to be fleshed out enough. So far all we know is a tournament mode and multiplayer.

That's probably exactly what it will be. They don't want to overshadow the individual sports games afterall.

Unless this replaces the individual games going forward.

jesus christ guys this is fucking 5 games in one that dont look half bad just stop complaining already

Why does Yoshi look angry while golfing?

If I hear good things about this game, I might give it a chance.

Mcmadness said:
Ninelevendo said:

That's probably exactly what it will be. They don't want to overshadow the individual sports games afterall.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did, Tennis looks a lot like Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (the "Y+Y" chance shot that has the character jumping before hitting the ball and leaves a violet trail wasn't exactly the Ultra Smash, by the way? It was on the trailer).

Mcmadness said:
Ninelevendo said:

It also doesn't help knowing that this game is for the 3DS. Also, the tournament screenshot foreshadows something that I'm not liking. I really dislike how Nintendo is treating Rosalina as a Power-type character, because she looks a lot more like a Tricky-type character, if anything.

Banana said:
Why does Yoshi look angry while golfing?

People (and apparently dinosaurs) have the weirdest tendency to get that way when they're in that competitive mood, y'know?

Golf is one of the most serious sports in Mushroom Kingdom

Wario hits himself with a boulder
Mario starts literally crying over a bogey
Donkey Kong hits himself with a barrel
Rosalina (a calm and composed character) faints

...lots of characters commit a form of self-harm when they get 2 above Par.

Eh, I wouldn't say that. Funky is a pretty out there choice. His appearance in Mario Kart Wii was probably because they needed another heavyweight and just figured Funky would be an interesting choice. And Super Sluggers featured him too, but that game had an incredibly large roster, which I don't see this game having.

June said:
20 recolors of rosalina

Not quite that. The sidekicks would probably be limited to just the generic characters, such as the Goombas, Koopa Troopas, and so forth.

June said:
20 recolors of rosalina

Don't worry, they'll save that for Mario Kart 9. ;)

Blue Platinum Rosalina
Baby Blue Platinum Rosalina
Baby Baby Blue Platinum Rosalina
Cat Rosalina
Boomerang Rosalina
Fire Rosalina

Anyone else want to help me out here?

Cheeze said:
Don't worry, they'll save that for Mario Kart 9. ;)

Blue Platinum Rosalina
Baby Blue Platinum Rosalina
Baby Baby Blue Platinum Rosalina
Cat Rosalina
Boomerang Rosalina
Fire Rosalina

Anyone else want to help me out here?

I can.

Baby Metal Platinum Mega Rosalina Jr.

Dry Rosalina
Warosalina
Parasalina
Dark Rosalina
Dr. Rosalina
Cosmic Spirit (hey, this one is actually a legit character, how did we miss it)

Next Level Camelot Games said:
Ninelevendo said:

Yes! Along with Baby Mario!

I think the roster is going to be bigger than "Ultra Smash".

If Paratroopa is playable, then Pianta should be playable.

If Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are playable, then other three babies from MK8 should be playable. And if all 5 babies from MK8 are playable, then Baby DK, Baby Bowser and Baby Wario should be playable. AND THEY WOULD INTRODUCE BABY WALUIGI!

Now I'm starting to get really greedy...hope Baby Daisy makes it in! Seriously though, she's only been in three games....

Back