Mario Sports Superstars

2257 said:
that video is really exciting. nintendo needs to hire whoever is responsible for this. are all those animations actually in the game or did the person who made the mod create them?

...i like the part where the see saw is switching back and forth between yoshi and wario emblems

According to the maker of the mod, some of the animations are from the game (all he did was use the same rotations and keyframes the animations have), some others are custom made.

superlumiella said:
At least Rosalina gets to be a power type. Daisy is still regulated to the same stupid Technique type she's been for years even though time and time again she's said to be tomboyish and athletic. I don't understand why she isn't a speed type (fast moving legs from working out and built up endurance) or a power type (hard hitting moves from energy and working out). Someone needs to tell Camelot a woman doesn't need to be a 7 foot giant to be able to be significantly strong.

Meh, my favorite characters have been a speed character all the time and I ain't complaining.

MnSG said:
superlumiella said:
Waluigi is taller than normal, but Rosalina's tallness is even more alarming because the average woman is 5'2"-5'3" while Rosalina is 7'6". It's estrogen and the general female sex hormones that keep women shorter than men. The fact Rosalina surpassed that spectacularly points to her having some sort of superstrength or high bone density/muscle not seen in the vast majority of women. It's best expressed through her being a "power" type, with that and her strong white magic powers and all.
Also, Rosalina has a bigger build than Waluigi. Plus, Waluigi is supposed to be a weak character anyway - that's his point.

Going by your statement, that must mean that Peach and Daisy are unusually tall as well. Mario is said to be 5'1", while Luigi is a couple inches taller than him, but both of the Mario Bros. are shorter than Peach, whose height appears to be around 6'.

They are, but 7'6" is more unusually tall than 6'0" (?) and 5'9" (?)
But you have to take account that Daisy and Peach both have big hair, wear big crowns, and wear high heels. If you remove all of those Peach becomes 5'5"-5'7" and Daisy becomes 5'2-5'4". Even if you remove Rosalina's crown and high heels (not her hair because her hair is not as big as the other two) she's still unusually tall with a big build

superlumiella said:
At least Rosalina gets to be a power type. Daisy is still regulated to the same stupid Technique type she's been for years even though time and time again she's said to be tomboyish and athletic. I don't understand why she isn't a speed type (fast moving legs from working out and built up endurance) or a power type (hard hitting moves from energy and working out). Someone needs to tell Camelot a woman doesn't need to be a 7 foot giant to be able to be significantly strong.
You'll be happy reading this.
MnSG said:
I will admit that Rosalina's power rating is too low in the Rio 2016 Olympics (being weaker than even Peach), but that probably has more to do with the stat balancing. Of course, event-exclusive characters typically receive stats that are best suited for their events, and last I've checked, gymnastics is a technique-based event. However, Wendy's stats are out of place for the 100m Freestyle Swimming, since that's a speed-based event, and speed is her worst stat.
All stat have a sum which is always 18, Rosalina has 7 speed and 8 Technique, so 3 in Power is inevitable. But stats are not applied to the Rhythmic Gymnastics event, so it doesn't really matter. Wendy is admittedly odd, but probably the developers didn't want yet another 7 Speed/8 Technique character (who is incredibly easy to use in the 100m Freestyle Swimming event).

superlumiella said:
Daisy is still regulated to the same stupid Technique type she's been for years even though time and time again she's said to be tomboyish and athletic.

Daisy has been a Speed type in all Mario & Sonic games to date, and she was an All-Around type in Ultra Smash.

MnSG said:
I will admit that Rosalina's power rating is too low in the Rio 2016 Olympics (being weaker than even Peach), but that probably has more to do with the stat balancing.

Maybe the developers brought reality into play, as muscles get weaker when you are in outer space. Doesn't exactly explain why she is a Power type in Ultra Smash though.

As for the height thing, I found these.

Size_chart.jpg

Calculations I've found on vgf.com says that Daisy is 5'11" tall, Peach and DK (on his knuckles) are both 6'1", Waluigi, with his legs bent a little, is 7'1", Bowser is 8'7" and Petey Piranha is 12'9".

http://krakelak.deviantart.com/art/Height-Chart-462278479 This chart compares only Mario, Luigi, Peach and Rosalina.

A51_Trooper said:
superlumiella said:
Daisy is still regulated to the same stupid Technique type she's been for years even though time and time again she's said to be tomboyish and athletic.

Daisy has been a Speed type in all Mario & Sonic games to date, and she was an All-Around type in Ultra Smash.

MnSG said:
I will admit that Rosalina's power rating is too low in the Rio 2016 Olympics (being weaker than even Peach), but that probably has more to do with the stat balancing.

Maybe the developers brought reality into play, as muscles get weaker when you are in outer space. Doesn't exactly explain why she is a Power type in Ultra Smash though.

As for the height thing, I found these.

Size_chart.jpg

Calculations I've found on vgf.com says that Daisy is 5'11" tall, Peach and DK (on his knuckles) are both 6'1", Waluigi, with his legs bent a little, is 7'1", Bowser is 8'7" and Petey Piranha is 12'9".

http://krakelak.deviantart.com/art/Height-Chart-462278479 This chart compares only Mario, Luigi, Peach and Rosalina.

I think those calculations are false for vgf. As Daisy looks only slightly taller than Luigi. That would mean Luigi is like, 5'9"

Mario's height is the only one that is confirmed, 5'1. Therefore, Luigi CAN'T be nearly a foot taller than Mario.

Rosalina being a power type clearly has to do with the fact that she uses her magic abilities in any situation.

You can see it in World Tour and Ultra Smash.

Besides , she never looked like a character that could move too fast to begin with , she rather goes slowly as she hovers in the air , i think it suits her more.

Baby Luigi said:
Mario's height is the only one that is confirmed, 5'1. Therefore, Luigi CAN'T be nearly a foot taller than Mario.

Based on this, Luigi is about 5'11", while Peach is about 6'1". Debatable perhaps, but it's probably the best source to refer to right now.

superlumiella said:
Even if you remove Rosalina's crown and high heels (not her hair because her hair is not as big as the other two) she's still unusually tall with a big build

Looking at this, I think Rosalina's hair is bigger than either Peach or Daisy.

Her hair is bigger , considering her frame is overall bigger than Peach and Daisy , this includes her whole head.

Its noticeable by comparisons and even if you highligh Daisy in MK8 and then move to Rosalina ... you can notice everything becomes bigger

Just to confirm what I was suspecting before, Peach effectively executes an Ultra Smash in the trailer (even the buttons symbol is the same as the one used in Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash), which means that Jump Shots are back as well. So the Tennis part is actually based on Ultra Smash. Two things I am now wondering:
  • will the Mega Mushrooms be back as well?
  • will Bowser Jr. play on foot this time?

The same people who grouped Baby Luigi with Baby Daisy (Namco Bandai) are working on this!!!

https://twitter.com/AusVGClass/status/772650093845606400

memoryman3 said:
The same people who grouped Baby Luigi with Baby Daisy (Namco Bandai) are working on this!!!

Thanks for pointing that out! This is hardly surprising for Baseball, somewhat surprising for Horse Racing but not so much considering the Mario Kart Arcade GP series and Mario Kart 8, while in the case of Association Football it's quite uexpected.

memoryman3 said:

Let's see what they did

Latest Mario Game Super Smash Bros. for Wii U­

The first Mario game developed by the company, before the merger, was Mario Superstar Baseball for the Nintendo GameCube. After the merger, they later developed the game's follow-up for the Wii, Mario Super Sluggers.

I wish Next Level games worked on this too

Well, since Camelot and Bandai Namco are working on this together, there's definitely going to be character interaction for the first time in Mario spin-offs for years. (Chemistry, possible dialogue, team names, ect)

I'm not really expecting character interactions in this game though, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

probably just referring to the new 3DS being seperate from the 3DS

When looking at the box art, the most amazing I found is that Daisy is on the cover as a major player. Normally if a few Mario characters are on the box art, it would be the core Mario cast that would have made it into the cover, such as:

Mario Party 10: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser
Mario Tennis Open: Mario, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash: Mario, Peach, Toad, Bowser
Mario Golf World Tour: Mario, Luigi, Toad, Peach
Mario & Sonic 2016: Mario, Bowser, Wario, Rosalina, Yoshi
Smash 3DS: Mario, Yoshi, Rosalina
Smash Wii U: Mario, Peach, Donkey Kong

This time, Daisy is in the spotlight, and I can't be more satisfied for that.

Thanks for reading.

MTUS is worst series, have various type on one court. No tournaments, and RPGs. Very few contents.
Hopefully Mario Sports Superstars will have various courts like MPT and MTO.

Tennis Courts:
Mario Stadium (Hard, Clay, Grass, Carpet)
Peach Gardens (Flower)
Luigi's Mansion (Wood)
Waluigi Park (Metal)
DK Snow Jungle (Snow)
Cheep Cheep Lagoon (Ocean)
Bowser's Castle (Stone)
Galaxy Arena (Crystal, Morph)

I think if they simply recycled courts from Mario Tennis Open instead of making new courts copying...whatever the hell Ultra Smash did, I'd be far more content because at least the courts are aesthetically varied and not retextured constantly. So yeah, that's how much I hate the Ultra Smash tennis courts when spending less effort recycling older, but more varied courts would be more preferable.

Wouldnt even thought it was gonna be me that does this , but in the defense of US at least it plays miles better than Open.

I hate how in open you are stuck in the charging animation without moving , unlike in US.

US , afaik , does chance shots better than Open.

If it had the tournament mode and some nice cinematics here and there that give the characters personality then it would have been great for me.

That game is another example of Nintendo not doing games that feel complete. I mean half of the sound bank of US , including voices and SFX are Reused from older games.

Meanwhile i remember Mario Golf TT and Power Tennis having completely different set of voices for each game and character and etc.

They dont do this anymore and its sad.

Back