What new things should Nintendo add in Mariokart 9 (Next Mariokart)

MnSG said:
While some of Rosalina's voice clips could've been better, she at least sounded cute most of the time.

But Rosalina is not suppoused to be ''cute'' , that's why i heavily dislike.

According to the so called info in the bios , she is ''mysterious'' and a mother of the lumas and blah blah ...

And clearly , her current voice actress does not fit that description whatsoever. What's so mysterious about saying ''weeeeeeee'' every 5 seconds.

Which leads me to another point , and is even though it's been almost 9 years since Mercedes stopped voicing Rosalina , according to the lastest interview in this wiki , she STILL gets tons of fanmail asking her to come back.

If that does not tell you that something is clearly WRONG i dont know what would.

It's hard "not" to call Rosalina cute when she has a combination of a nice turquoise dress, an adoring hairstyle, and a charming face.

Eh, it's different for everybody.

Take me, I find Mario adorable.

I definitely wouldn't call Rosalina "cute" to be honest. It's like calling...uh, like any serious woman cute.

For me, cute characters are like Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Toad, Toadette, Bowser Jr., etc basically any childlike character, both in appearance and personality.

Dudes find Peach and Daisy to be really cute, and I myself don't see that.

I also don't find hideous scaly tongue thing cute either, though.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I also don't find hideous scaly tongue thing cute either, though.

Aw man, some people might find Jar Jar Binks cute...?

Luigi 64DD said:
MnSG, do you mean "attractive" cute or "puppies" cute?

Since he likes to use the Biddy Buggy as Rosalina and knowing before hand the way he express himself about Rosalina , i would say the latter.

Some people have different opinions on how cute is interpreted. To me, it usually comes down to appearances.

Baby Luigi said:
Aw man, some people might find Jar Jar Binks cute...?

I don't consider Jar Jar to but cute, but I do find his clumsy behavior to be quite humorous.

Luigi 64DD said:
MnSG, do you mean "attractive" cute or "puppies" cute?

I'd probably say both.

That said, the cute argument is probably taking this thread off-course now.

I like the sound effect when people get hit by the Fake Item Box.

I guess Fake Blocks were a better way to screw over first place than the Coin. At least you get something you can put on a ramp or to deny 2nd place from drafting you.

I wish the vehicle parts would get a better stat distribution, though the gliders don't need any changes.

The reason is because I'm far too concerned about having a bad traction stat. Either that or scrap the traction stat entirely, but I'm not sure how others would feel about that.

Also, if the Wood tires come back, I'd love to see them in their Mario Kart 7 look, along with the Barrel Train returning as a kart body, but I think that is unlikely to happen.

Stat distribution really doesn't matter in Mario Kart IMO. What it boils down to is if you're not hitting walls, you're avoiding obstacles, and you're not getting hit by items.

To me, at least in Mario Kart 8 as I haven't played 7, it seems illogical to have a kart or a bike with a drift stat of 4 or higher, and a traction stat lower than 2. It's almost as if those two stats cancel each other out.

If Rosalina's off-topic, Jar Jar Binks is even more so. Why does everyone hate the prequel triology? On the subject of Fake Item Boxes, I think they should return, also Yoshi Eggs, Mega Mushroom, Giant Banana, Bowser Shell, and Maybe Chain Chomps.
LeftyGreenMario said:
Stat distribution really doesn't matter in Mario Kart IMO. What it boils down to is if you're not hitting walls, you're avoiding obstacles, and you're not getting hit by items.
I agree with that pretty much.

I like to see the Mega Mushroom return, too. Thunder Cloud can be retooled.

I also like to see more licensed vehicles as well. More that, less cheap-looking vehicles like the Super Blooper, the Teddy Buggy, and the Biddybuggy. Not only their design looks great, they probably have a great engine noise, something I can't say for a lot of Mario Karts like the Pipe Frame (but not the Flame Rider).

Traction should've been more like the off-road stat. In other words, higher traction would equal less speed lost on off-road terrain, your vehicle would be less likely to skid, and the vehicle would be able to slow down quicker whenever the brakes are activated.

In terms of the Mega Mushroom, I can understand why it was removed, since it would seem rather hectic to implement the Mega Mushroom AND anti-gravity at the same time.

Baby Luigi said:
It takes like 6 freaking months to make just 8 tracks, demonstrated by the development of DLC Pack 2. 8 tracks. That's a small percent of all tracks that existed. Unless you want your Mario Kart 9 to come out like 16 years from now, they can't do it.

6 months is really on the short end of what has been done. Don't believe me. Take a look at this.
Name Courses Release Date Difference in Days in Months courses/month months/course
Super Mario Kart 20 8/27/1992 0 0 #DIV/0! 0
Mario Kart 64 16 12/14/1996 1570 51.62 0.31 3.23
Mario Kart: Super Circuit 40 7/21/2001 1680 55.23 0.72 1.38
Mario Kart DS 32 11/7/2003 839 27.58 1.16 0.86
Mario Kart Wii 32 4/10/2008 1616 53.13 0.6 1.66
Mario Kart 7 32 12/1/2011 1330 43.73 0.73 1.37
Mario Kart 8 32 5/29/2014 910 29.92 1.07 0.94
Mario Kart DLC 8 n/a n/a 6 1.33 0.75

Edit: I do realize that this doesn't show 100% accuracy due to other factors, but you get the idea.

Your argument isn't really relevant, because there's a ton of other factors that go into making of tracks. I just know for a fact that Mario Kart 8's tracks takes months to make, and anyone who has created custom tracks for Mario Kart Wii can testify that.

1. Lots and lots of Mario characters. Preferably Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Funky Kong, Hammer Bro, Bowser Jr, Nabbit, Sprixie, Pauline, Birdo, E.Gadd
2. Proper battle mode
3. More offline content, e.g. story mode
4. Better item system (probably they fixed that with the two item slots)

I don't know about a Story Mode made by Nintendo, but I have created something similar to a story with the tracks of Mario Kart Wii including Retro tracks. Although, I don't see how exactly I can create the story due to how it uses different characters for different tracks.

I agree on having more single-player content. Mario Kart is usually pathetically lacking there, especially compared to its competitors usually.

I need Double Dash mode back in my life, and I want Donkey Kong Jr to make a return. Yeah, I know Diddy Kong pretty much replaced him, but I think they both can co-exist. In my mind, if Double Dash mode ever comes back, Donkey Kong Jr would replace Diddy Kong as Donkey Kong's partner, and Dixie Kong would be added as a newcomer so she's Diddy Kong's partner.

Before any detractors arise, let me remind you that Donkey Kong Jr had originally been planned to return for Double Dash.

Anser said:
I need Double Dash mode back in my life, and I want Donkey Kong Jr to make a return. Yeah, I know Diddy Kong pretty much replaced him, but I think they both can co-exist. In my mind, if Double Dash mode ever comes back, Donkey Kong Jr would replace Diddy Kong as Donkey Kong's partner, and Dixie Kong would be added as a newcomer so she's Diddy Kong's partner.

Before any detractors arise, let me remind you that Donkey Kong Jr had originally been planned to return for Double Dash.
Here's the proof:
MKDD_Unused_Character_Icons.png

The fact that DK Jr. is there is quite incongruous with the final game. Get it? Get it? BWA HA HA!

Back