Mario Party: Star Rush

So, for anyone who watched the Direct, it seems they'll be fixing up one of the series problems, dependence on luck, at least, I think so. Or for one mode only.

That part where the Nintendo gal said about a certain mode I can't recall atm "It's pure skill, and no dice" seemed to have quite a bit of focus.

Thoughts?

I dont think ''luck'' was ever a problem in Mario Party.

These games whole point is to play similar to a board game , and surprise surprise ... real life board games have a certain luck factor.

They are party games for a reason.

Toad Scramble looks fun, but I wish you could choose your character, instead of being forced to play a Toad.

Swiftie_Luma said:
I dont think ''luck'' was ever a problem in Mario Party.

These games whole point is to play similar to a board game , and surprise surprise ... real life board games have a certain luck factor.

They are party games for a reason.

This can be problematic for the solo game modes though, especially when you "have" to win to progress. In Mario Party 9, you can't allow Shy Guy or Magikoopa to win, or else you have to restart the board all over again.

Cirdec said:
Toad Scramble looks fun, but I wish you could choose your character, instead of being forced to play a Toad.
It makes me wonder if being forced to use a Toad is even necessary. Why not just pick your characters and have the rest be thrown into the pot, up-for-grabs?

Striker Mario said:
Cirdec said:
It makes me wonder if being forced to use a Toad is even necessary. Why not just pick your characters and have the rest be thrown into the pot, up-for-grabs?

Apparently, you'll be able to do that with amiibo.

tumblr_ocvhpySAa71uuhxwpo1_1280.jpg

memoryman3 said:
Striker Mario said:
Cirdec said:

Daisy's got some skinny ankles!
When is she going to wear turquoise heels again?

superlumiella said:
memoryman3 said:
Striker Mario said:
Cirdec said:

Daisy's got some skinny ankles!
When is she going to wear turquoise heels again?

Nintendo 3DS limitations.

memoryman3 said:
Striker Mario said:
Cirdec said:

*pic*

What a bunch of crap, we use an old 3DS and now we need an extra stupid 3DS amiibo adapter crap thing to access more stuff. Sigh -_-

Baby Luigi said:
memoryman3 said:
Striker Mario said:
Cirdec said:

*pic*

What a bunch of crap, we use an old 3DS and now we need an extra stupid 3DS amiibo adapter crap thing to access more stuff. Sigh -_-

Yeah basically this.
I mean I will buy the Daisy amiibo no matter what because it's Daisy, but since I use an old 3DS, I will have to pay extra 20€ to play my favorite character.

memoryman3 said:
You sure you can take control of this character? Or it is just a bonus AI like Smash's AI?

Eh, I don't really mind the amiibo functionality. It's just such an obvious and glaring cash grab I actually like it >.>

My main issue is the required accessory for o3DS. I'm hoping to get a New one ;-;

A51_Trooper said:
Mario_Party_Star_Rush_King_Boo.png

About time King Boo received new artwork.
i thought after luigi's mansion: dark moon that we would see the end of the generic bigger boo with a crown and see the original, more unique, king boo design used for spin offs

but nope it seems we're sticking with this design, it's sad

*select object*
*right click*
*hide object*
*render with exact settings and camera angle*

PROFIT

Or you can just use photoshop, but the areas where the racket would be can be visible unless you're extremely skilled at it

Am I the only one who likes "bigger Boo but with a crown" design of King Boo, more than the Luigi's Mansion one?

Striker Mario said:
Am I the only one who likes "bigger Boo but with a crown" design of King Boo, more than the Luigi's Mansion one?

i like it too

he looked weird in lm2

Striker Mario said:

I prefer blue tongue but I don't have a problem with basic either.

In fact my headcanon is he gets the blue from his power gems.

Striker Mario said:

Eh, I don't really care for the Mario series' sick habit of homogenizing characters

Was that supposed to be sarcastic?

Mcmadness said:
I prefer blue tongue but I don't have a problem with basic either.

In fact my headcanon is he gets the blue from his power gems.
I think the blue is from make-up and licking too many blue raspberry Fun Dip, which is probably why I don't like Luigi's Mansion King Boo.

Back