Mario Party: Star Rush

Mcmadness said:
Gotta love how most of these just stand there not doing anything.
They probably realized that they lose anyway...

Mcmadness said:
Also cracks me up that Bowser is fought not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES, all which end with the exact same animation.
You know the typical reasoning "I was unlucky, but the machine is great, let's try one more time!". At heart, Mario Party is a series in which the deepest secrets and unknowns of Bowser's personality come to light.

well that explains why i love Mario Party Bowser so much

Now that the game's out in PAL regions. I want to know the difference between the full game and Party Guest, besides the available modes for download play.
For example: Are minigames playable via single player in Party Guest? Can the available modes in Party Guest only be played in Download Play?

It would be nice to put info on Party Guest in the MP:SR MarioWiki article, or create a new article page.

I think Party Guest differs to other demos, and more like a Free-to-Play title.
And to an extent, is there an option to purchase the full game in the main menu/start screen, which launches the eShop?

From what I read, Party Guest is essentially a Download Play with Local Play features, and that you can save your progress to transfer into a full copy of the game.

It's not a free-to-play game. It requires someone with a copy of Mario Party: Star Rush to function.

Character Museum can also be accessed in Party Guest, according to the UK website. And minigames can also be played in single player. I think minigames can be unlocked by playing multiplayer modes

I'm downloading as I type so I can provide answers shortly.

Not interested in getting the full game unless it's got a discount so I can't help there.

Edit: So the party guest thing only let's you play one minigame, the one "match-three" where you move four tiles around that I've already forgotten the name of.

The character museum is there, however you can't access it until you play multiplayer. Playing the minigame will let you get points which you can level up in to unlock coinathalon which you need multiplayer to access anyway. The points can be transferred over to the full game if you buy it.

And that's pretty much it. Not much that we didn't know before.

I was talking about what the Party Guest thing offers, which isn't all over YouTube, not what the full game offers.

But yes it's pretty much the normal game restricted to only one minigame unless you play with someone else.

I'm fairly certain that Party Guest was intended to be played with a group of people who own only one cartridge. You can't really criticize it for being restrictive.

What you can criticize Mario Party: Star Rush for is the utter lack of online play.

How many times do we have to say *year argument*? Maybe one day we'll say "It's 2025, ND Cube seriously needs to put online play in *latest Mario Party installment*. It's a multiplayer-centric game, it's basically asking for a way to play with other people who don't live next to you.

The online would probably die really fast so I'm not bothered by it. It would be good if you had friends who had the game but really, there are better games to play online with friends.

That and like none of my friends really care for Mario Party.

I think we could finally agreed that literally people would drop the game when losing if playing online.

That's a no brainer tbh.

What i would want , and it's more realistic , is to be able to play minigames online. If somebody drops , no harm is done.

Fortune Street handled online well as far as I know. And that's even a more niche game than freaking Mario Party. No reason Mario Party can't achieve the same success.

In case you were wondering if that nice little "feature" seen since MP2 was in this game too...

This should be one of the first uploaded

This one shows that also another minigame has this "feature"

Mister Wu said:
In case you were wondering if that nice little "feature" seen since MP2 was in this game too...

This should be one of the first uploaded

This one shows that also another minigame has this "feature"
I don't know if this "feature" is intentional since MP2. What a nice Mario Party tradition.

You can spend an hour in Balloon Bash ... impressed ; If only the boards were bigger or have different music so it doesnt get repetitive...

How does it feel to have the first good Mario Party with Rosalina Swiftie? ;)

I thioght Mario Party 10 wasn't that bad.

Ok, so we bought Mario Party: Star Rush today

So far it's a great Mario Party. I do wish there was more Coinathlon minigames, but I don't mind cycling through three at a time, considering it changes the further you play it. Also, I like the Bowser event, fun to play with too.

I absolutely hate Ally Duels in Toad Scramble. They happen really often and all of them are luck-based. Not to mention, the bonus coins at the end are pretty much luck-based, including the Ally Duel-based ones.

Annnnd no Toadette amiibo really stinks

Well I haven't really played it too much yet; my twin has played a round of Toad Scramble and a lot of Coinathlon. This initial impressions of the game.

I think I'd rate it a 7 or 8 out of 10. I really like it, it's the best ndcube Mario Party.

Haven't played too much yet but I guess I can judge what minigames I like and don't like in Coinathlon

Rolling Rumble
Goomba Gold Rush
Leafboard Hoard
Cheep Cheep Reach
Samurai Smackdown
Silver Lining
Steal Diver
House of Boos

Don't like
Tiles and Tribulations
One-Stop Toad Shop
Pinball Brawl