Mario Party: Star Rush

btw this losing Wario face made me laugh

WarioLosing_-MPSR.png

why does Wario always make the best losing faces?

Baby Luigi said:
I've noticed that the Dice Blocks on the main website correspond to each character, with their own special Dice Block

bg-colored-dice.png

Red Toad, Blue Toad, Green Toad, Yellow Toad, Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Rosalina, Toadette, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong.

The one that mystifies me? The last white one. It's not a normal Dice Block, considering it has 2's and 1's. Could that mean Boo is possibly playable in some form?
That is interesting because I thought that this means that Boo was a amiibo-mode exclusive but I don't think that mode uses Dice Blocks like that.

Boo's Block Party isn't a dice-block oriented thing, it's a puzzle minigame thing. Unless the minigame does use diceblocks in some way but I think that would be weird.

Well , i would think it's called Boo's BLOCK party for a reason?

Like come on ...

Anyway , i just want the game to be released so i can get to know the rest of the modes.

The minigame selection seems very low though.

Confirmed that the white Dice Block is not Boo's. It's the dice block of other party members that add up to your total roll. Oh well.

Anyway, I basically know much of the general information for the rest of the modes thanks to my researching to improve Mario Party: Star Rush's article in MarioWiki.....

Balloon Bash seems to be like the traditional Mario Party the most except you trigger minigames via touching Coin Balloons, just like in Toad Scramble. In that mode, you can even buy Stars for 10 coins, just by passing a Star Balloon space. The only thing it lacks is a good item roster. This game doesn't really have that good item roster, with only Mushrooms, Duel Glove (Ally Duel and Coin Duel winners are determined by Dice Block rolls rather than Duel minigames, not fun and pretty disappointing), and Warp Boxes.

Coinathlon seems like lots of fun. As you collect coins in specific coin minigames, you move forward. You can obtain items when a meter is filled, and you touch a crystal box holding an item. You can also adjust the number of opponents and laps around the board.

Mario Shuffle is pretty eh. You have two teams of three (six in all) against each other, going against each other on a linear board and you basically have to rely on two Dice Block luck in this mode, but at least you can choose who to move if one of the two has a move favorable number. Hop over opponents when you pass them to make them lose a turn or land right on their space to send them flying back; you can also land on + or - minus spaces to send your piece in a direction.

Rhythm Recital is pretty laughable for a rhythm game, easily the worst mode it seems. It's more like a metronome simulator than an actual rhythm game. That one Blooper boss minigame has better sense of rhythm than this entire mode.

Challenge Tower seems to be a thing where you climb up a tower while landing on colored spaces and avoiding bad spaces. There isn't much information on this one aside from that you can complete a 500 floor challenge, which sounds hard but I don't know how hard it'll be.

Boo's Block Party is your typical puzzle game. You can face off against Boo in an endless mode for a high score.

Multiplayer in this game is the best multiplayer features on 3DS, thanks to Mario Party: Star Rush - Party Guest. This lets you enjoy local mode-like play via app with only one cartridge. That really deserve heaps of praise, especially compared to games like Mario Kart 7 and Kirby Fighters Deluxe where I really hate those single-card restrictions.

i think its dissapointing they didnt change the rules in Balloon Bash. The ''everybody moves at once'' prevents the ''minigame after every turn'' from happening and im not happy with that , because like usual , games end faster.

I really dislike the whole concept in general , while i look forward to the game , was it so bad to have players engaged to the games for a significant amount of time? Is this yet another race to the finish?

I dont remember ever hating 10 to 20 turns in previous games , everybody doing their thing ON THEIR OWN and using stuff when they wanted without being preassured by the game because it ends fast or because everybody is moving.

I repeat , im looking forward to it and it looks better than some other games and thats good , but damn , looking at MP (my favorite spin off series) transformed into some sort of tranvestite or weird experiment makes me genuenily sad.

I actually have next to no problem having all characters move at once. The entire game and boards are designed around that concept, and a common criticism of Mario Party games is how long games can last; many professional reviews have a consensus that watching each character take his turn can get tiresome. I don't necessarily agree with them with their general opinions on the entire Mario Party series, especially how sameish they feel, but I think how characters moving at once is just Nd Cube addressing that complaint.

This game is not another "race to the finish"; it's very unlike Mario Party: Island Tour. The goal of the game is to earn the most stars by landing on boss spaces to play and win boss minigames. Whenever a person initiates a boss minigame, other players can join in, (even though they are delayed because they're further away) and compete with that person. Players need to focus on collecting characters, because other characters also join in with your controller character, meaning that your entire team participates and helps up the score. Other characters also help you move further thanks to them adding Dice Blocks to your total roll. So focusing on recruiting characters is a crucial element of the game to help balance things in your favor.

In this game, things move along on their own too, it's just that everybody moves at once to the direction they want to go in. Sometimes they get unlucky and land on each other to participate in a very luck-heavy Ally Duel but that's basically about it.

Aside from the weak roster of items (traps could be amazing if implemented and changed up to be useful in this type of board setting), a not very strong line-up of minigames, and the awful Ally Duels, I'm actually really looking forward to this game. It seems to be packed with things to do and many modes to play. Mario Party is also one of my favorite spin-off Mario titles, I even called it the "Casablanca" of gaming and I'm not even really that sarcastic, that's how much I love the series, and I really think Star Rush is a far better direction for the series than the last three disappointing installments.

I just hope it has a decent single player mode. I kinda liked Bowser's tower in island tour.

This game does have a single-player only Challenge Tower, and I don't know the details to it other than the fact that you avoid Amps on spaces you land on, you can give yourself more tries with amiibo, and there's a 500ft Master tower.

The most we got is basically this picture

MPSR_-_ChallengeTower.jpg

Not quite what I was hoping for. Oh well.

Baby Luigi said:
This game does have a single-player only Challenge Tower, and I don't know the details to it other than the fact that you avoid Amps on spaces you land on, you can give yourself more tries with amiibo, and there's a 500ft Master tower.

The most we got is basically this picture

pic

Those red squares look like something out of Family Feud.

+I think tapping an amiibo in Toad Scramble not only makes you use them, I think it's the main character you use, as the amiibo Mario replaces the Toad.
+Boo, Bowser, and Bowser Jr. are usable in Mario Shuffle if you have their amiibo, though I think that mode is pretty bland.
+Bowser Jr. Super Mario series amiibo possibly confirmed, so there's a possible Wave 3 (or 4 if you count Silver Mario as his own wave) incoming
+15 boards
+Gameplay footage of Challenge Tower
+Hex-like items, possibly?

Baby Luigi said:
+Bowser Jr. Super Mario series amiibo possibly confirmed, so there's a possible Wave 3 (or 4 if you count Silver Mario as his own wave) incoming
Meanwhile, a Toadette amiibo is nowhere to be seen.

Next Level Camelot Games said:
Baby Luigi said:
Meanwhile, a Toadette amiibo is nowhere to be seen.

The Bowser Jr model would obviously need a stand, and I think Nintendo are doing their best to avoid that.

So far is looking very good.

The only slight dissapointments are the Tower Challange and the other mode that is similar to amiibo party that plays in teams.

Each board seems to have a gimmick which is well recived , but i would have liked them to explore something else aside the extremely common , Sweet board , Boo Board , Bowser Board and etc. There's no creativity in that anymore.

I like that things are slowly comming back , this includes Items and a store.

Also , i actually wonder

Why Toad scramble was not something like ''Mario Scramble''

Instead of colored Toads , just select your character and recruit 2 more for your party for a total of 12.

Good for people who like Toad , but i was never crazy for him and now im starting to dislike him.

The execution of the actual mode is working , i just dont like Toads ( Not even the Museum gallery of this game likes them). They are the new invasion brigade of Mario.

(and also, credits at 11:20)

Turns out Nd Cube is the developer (or co-developed? Because MP9, MPIT, and MP10 are also developed by Nintendo SPD Group No.4 along with Nd Cube.). I don't know which Nintendo group developed this game along with Nd Cude?

And Nd Cube finally credited Laura Faye Smith as the voice of Rosalina.

Nintendo already corrected themselves in Mario and Sonic at Rio for Wii U , in that game they put Laura Faye Smith instead of Kerri Kane like on the 3ds

Swiftie_Luma said:
They already corrected themselves in Mario and Sonic at Rio for Wii U , in that game they put Laura Faye Smith instead of Kerri Kane like on the 3ds
What I meant was, "Nd Cube" is finally corrected this mistake in Star Rush, unlike in MP10.

Yeah but it doesn't matter. The main problem was with Nintendo , not with a specific developer. Camelot also tripped on this in Ultra Smash credits.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Yeah but it doesn't matter. The main problem was with Nintendo , not with a specific developer. Camelot also tripped on this in Ultra Smash credits.
I blame the guy from Nintendo who creates the staff credits for MP10, Ultra Smash, and M&S Rio Olympics 3DS. And also, shame to the credits guy, who misspelled Kerri Kane as "Kerry Kane".

Gotta love how most of these just stand there not doing anything.

Also cracks me up that Bowser is fought not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES, all which end with the exact same animation.

I absolutely LOVE the lampshading for the colored Toad bios

Baby Luigi said:
+I think tapping an amiibo in Toad Scramble not only makes you use them, I think it's the main character you use, as the amiibo Mario replaces the Toad.
This sounds gooooooood. Sure you need an amiibo but who caaares

Ok so he appears instead of the red toad , but why would he appear after the yellow Toad? Shouldn't he be the player 1 like the red toad?

This will be amazing if it's true though , however Toadette fans may forever be screwed as she is the only ha character lacking an amiibo

No, that's just how the player ordering works here. I think the positioning is randomized

I still don't know why Toadette does not have an amiibo yet though.

Back