Rant about bad things that have happened to you today

I completely forgot what having internet connection issues was like, I can't get this new ps3 to connect at all. Even the fat ps3 didn't have this trouble. It's frustrating. The fat ps3 connects to the internet but can't play games, the slim ps3 can play games but can't connect to the internet.

Oh God my stomach feels like someone's sticking a knife into it.

Having a hunch about it and actually seeing the grave for your dog are two pretty different feelings. She had a good run.

This didn't necessarily happen to me but it's something I witnessed today and I need to vent about it and also I'm super tired from shopping and attending a wedding reception gone horribly wrong so I apologize in advance if I make zero sense or if I come off as wrong but good LORD people (or some human beings in general) irritate the hell out of me when it comes to their lack of care for animal life. My parents and I were on our way (a bit in a hurry) to the aforementioned reception earlier and we were following a car (the only car on a back-road aside from us) and I guess there were a few birds either on the road or flying lowly across the road and three of the four birds evaded the car but one was hit and went over the side and the car kept going on with no care in the world.

Maybe I'm being really hypocritical right now because we didn't stop and care for the bird because we were in a hurry and I don't believe my parents noticed, but goddamn it frustrates the living shit out of me when people give no care in the world for animals. As someone who has basically grown up with two puppers for over the past 8 years and has seen way too many instances and cases of animal mistreatment by other people towards their pets/wild animals or, really, just generally not caring about either wild animals or domesticated animals, I just don't understand how people can be so heartless when these are living, breathing, and, at least in the case of the bird, harmless creatures. I don't understand how people cannot feel compassion and at least supply an ounce of understanding and respect for other creatures that do not have their own means of self-defense, particularly when frightened or overpowered and simply do not deserve such treatment at all. A friend of mine adopted a kitty the other day who was placed in a kill shelter after he was abandoned and beaten up in NYC BY HUMANS to the point of broken ribs and other bones, along with lacerations on his face. Like how the hell could anyone do that to an animal? There's zero place for it and human behavior pisses me off so much when it comes to situations like this with animals. Their lives, at least to me, are just as valuable and important as human lives are, and I am so sick and tired of people genuinely not giving two shits about them when they can't even stick up for themselves.

Animals want to be loved or just want to live their lives the same way humans do - so bloody give it to them. Don't be a dick just for the sake of stroking your self-centering egotistical dick and thinking you're too good for an animal. They're just as important and deserve every opportunity to live a full, healthy life.

Baby Luigi said:
If I could stop getting periods and give it to someone who actually wants them that would be swell.

Though ovaries are a producer of the hormone estrogen and I quite like estrogen...
Late but IN THE FUTURE uterus/ovary/womb transplants will be readily available and maybe even relatively cheap.
Kirstie Maldonado said:
*animal abuse rant*
I totally agree with you. I deeply care for animal life, and I do get angry when people mistreat or kill animals (and when I say kill I mean for non-food purposes because I'm ok with hunting and butchering....maybe that's hypocritical idk). I was pretty much scarred early in my life where my father decided that our cats were too old to keep around and just take them out in the country and shoot at them "to save money" and then leave them for the coyotes or foxes to eat. A decision I still resent because it was really shitty. I wasn't even warned in advance. Never got to say goodbye to them. It's lack of caring about animal life that really makes me mad. Which is also why I can't watch those animal cops show on animal planet without raging in anger.

tl;dr i agree with you packy and i feel you.

There are some instances where we need to control animals, such as the rampage of feral cats on the native bird populations but I don't support actually killing them. It's not the cat's fault nor the gull's fault they invade parking lots. It's not the House Sparrow's fault nor the coyote's fault they're common. We invite them to live here, we give them the proper conditions to thrive, and by leaving trash out because of utter negligence, we give them a strong motivation to be here in abundance. The best way to get rid of them is to stop recklessly providing the environment they love.

I also hate the practice of hunting animals such as crows and mourning doves. At least they're far more controlled now, so the "sport" doesn't have impact on their populations, but back then, they're responsible for the genocide of the Passenger Pigeons, which were far from being endangered. Many animals became endangered because of them.

As for eating meat, DF, humans are omnivores. Most of us like meat and wouldn't give it up. Other animals eat each other on a daily basis, I don't see why it's bad for us to eat it. Sure, it may raise questions on how we raise animals to eat them, but eh, it's not much different from hunting them in the wild, aside from the appalling conditions the animals are raised on, which also grinds my gears, but not enough to make me stop eating meat.

I used to hunt and fish. eventually I realized there really wasn't much point in me killing animals for meat when we already slaughter a fuckton of animals and sell 'em in stores everyday, so I stopped. idrc if other people hunt though. as long as they're in it for getting meat and they're not effin the ecosystem up

Getting sued because of the debt from blatant identify theft really sucks. I'm not the one experiencing it, but my mom has to suffer through this and now has to file a response to the claim. Goodness gracious. It makes me worried if I'll be a victim later on.

Baby Luigi said:
Getting sued because of the debt from blatant identify theft really sucks. I'm not the one experiencing it, but my mom has to suffer through this and now has to file a response to the claim. Goodness gracious. It makes me worried if I'll be a victim later on.

Something similar happened to me recently, where my credit card was hacked halfway across the United States. I had to cancel everything and I was ticked lol. I'm sorry to hear about that, that really stinks. Hope everything turns out good :)

Like if my skin comes into contact with water (for example, taking a shower) I break out in hives. It's actually been going on for a few years, but I pretty much ignored it until yesterday when it got really bad because I tried to go swimming in the ocean.

So like, I took a shower this morning because the night was pretty hot, but just put on the same clothes as yesterday.

Then I bowl my coffee over at breakfast and am wearing different clothes now anyway.

Luckily the coffee had cooled down enough at that point to just be an inconvenience but still.

Johnny Boy said:
I swear every time there is a post scathing me, that post gets a bunch of likes. All of this because of a joke.
What joke was it?

Zuko said:
Johnny Boy said:
I swear every time there is a post scathing me, that post gets a bunch of likes. All of this because of a joke.
What joke was it?
This:
http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=37004.msg1853609#msg1853609
For some reason, it got taken seriously(despite the fact that I posted and quoted "Real Hip Hop" by Politikz, which is a joke), so I got a scathing response. I was called "Mr. Edgelord" and someone with "fragile masculinity." When I said it was a joke, I got a response with a meme saying "Get called out, backtrack" or whatever as if that post was still being taken seriously. I'll admit it, 2 years back, I was that kind of person(I'm not proud of it either. I've transformed into a better person since then, and I'm happy I did), so maybe that's why I was taken seriously even though I've changed since then. But yeah, on top of that, look at the likes on the responses. What I'm seeing there from that is that quite a few people think that I'm a blatant hater with fragile masculinity who was trying to be edgy then tried to cover up what he did wrong when he got called out on his bull. Now I've been scolded in the past, but for admittedly good reasons and I apologize for what I did there, but most of that was when I still had more problems with being social than now. I apologize that it was a bad joke, but I still was not being serious. I am not that type of person.

Johnny Boy said:
Zuko said:
Johnny Boy said:
What joke was it?
This: For some reason, it got taken seriously(despite the fact that I posted and quoted "Real Hip Hop" by Politikz, which is a joke), so I got a scathing response. I was called "Mr. Edgelord" and someone with "fragile masculinity." When I said it was a joke, I got a response with a meme saying "Get called out, backtrack" or whatever as if that post was still being taken seriously. I'll admit it, 2 years back, I was that kind of person(I'm not proud of it either. I've transformed into a better person since then, and I'm happy I did), so maybe that's why I was taken seriously even though I've changed since then. But yeah, on top of that, look at the likes on the responses. What I'm seeing there from that is that quite a few people think that I'm a blatant hater with fragile masculinity who was trying to be edgy then tried to cover up what he did wrong when he got called out on his bull. Now I've been scolded in the past, but for admittedly good reasons and I apologize for what I did there, but most of that was when I still had more problems with being social than now. I apologize that it was a bad joke, but I still was not being serious. I am not that type of person.
tbh I saw it as a joke immediately
not sure why people got all offended

This might not be popular, but I really think that person overreacted a bit to what you said.

I really wish I wasn't depressed or anxious. Then maybe I could get up and do something for once instead of crying over things I have no control over. Maybe I wouldn't be so emotional and sensitive, although that could also be attributed to my own personality. I can barely take a joke without being offended in some way. I get too deep into minor things like laundry. I feel like an inconvenience to my family and friends, and I can't get this idea out of my head despite being told otherwise. It just sucks.
I'm trying to do things to cope, but I still have trouble putting things into actions. I seem to have no energy anymore. Sophomore year took a lot out of me and honestly it just made me feel worse. And I am not looking forward to Junior year, because a bunch of people say it's the hardest. I am honestly contemplating if I will survive.

Chiflis von Nokonoko said:
I really wish I wasn't depressed or anxious. Then maybe I could get up and do something for once instead of crying over things I have no control over. Maybe I wouldn't be so emotional and sensitive, although that could also be attributed to my own personality. I can barely take a joke without being offended in some way. I get too deep into minor things like laundry. I feel like an inconvenience to my family and friends, and I can't get this idea out of my head despite being told otherwise. It just sucks.
I'm trying to do things to cope, but I still have trouble putting things into actions. I seem to have no energy anymore. Sophomore year took a lot out of me and honestly it just made me feel worse. And I am not looking forward to Junior year, because a bunch of people say it's the hardest. I am honestly contemplating if I will survive.
a lot of people here can relate to this. don't stress so much, learn to just take things in stride sometimes. if it makes you feel better, I'm starting junior year next year too; we can PM/vent to each other about it if you want.

I've learned that this community will always be here for you in dark times. if you need help, all you need to do is ask. we're right there with you.

Roger Smith said:
Chiflis von Nokonoko said:
a lot of people here can relate to this. don't stress so much, learn to just take things in stride sometimes. if it makes you feel better, I'm starting junior year next year too; we can PM/vent to each other about it if you want.

I've learned that this community will always be here for you in dark times. if you need help, all you need to do is ask. we're right there with you.
Thanks very much.

My first cigarette this morning was the last in the box (I smoke less than 10 a day, usually 5-7 but still) :'(

It's my fiance's brother's birthday and we live at home so I feel like my fiance might get jealous if I make his brother a card or something (I barely know his brother but he lives with us)

My condensed milk can for my tea/coffee is all used up

Quickie-la said:
My first cigarette this morning was the last in the box (I smoke less than 10 a day, usually 5-7 but still) :'(

It's my fiance's brother's birthday and we live at home so I feel like my fiance might get jealous if I make his brother a card or something (I barely know his brother but he lives with us)

My condensed milk can for my tea/coffee is all used up

That would be silly if your fiance got jealous because you made his brother a birthday card! I see it as you being nice. :)

As for the cigarettes and condensed milk, looks like you'll have to go shopping now! :P

Back