Rant about bad things that have happened to you today

I crashed, again. Only second time in my life but both happened in a span of less than four months so it's really infuriating. And on top of that, it wasn't even my car, it was my gf's.

My girlfriend, some friends of hers, and I went to a holiday/country home for the weekend. Out of the two, she's the experienced one when it comes to driving in interstates, but I insisted on driving back as the road there had seemed easy to me when we were driving there. Regardless, we crashed no later than two minutes after taking the interstate. We had to take a U-turn to go in our desired direction; contrary to all interstate U-turns I've seen in the US, which go under or over the interstate, U-turns in Mexican highways are like this: (blue car)

divrds5.gif

Which is pretty fucking dangerous, especially when no one gives a shit about speed limits and you have people driving at 200 km/h (125 mph approx.). Anyway, I took the U-turn, which leaves you in the high-speed lane and then you need to make the change to the right lane. I was about to do, especially because a car was coming behind me way too fast. I signaled my switch to the right lane, but this imbecile decided to overtake me by the right (which is illegal); and I don't know what the fuck was he thinking, and I don't even know if it was intentional, but the fucking asshole rammed his car into ours while we were still on the left lane.

We pull over to the right, and before I even get out of the car he goes apeshit on us, punching the car's window and kicking the door, demanding me to get out and fight him. After more insulting, threatening, and kicking, the fucker decides to flee. My gf bursts into tears, the other girl in our and I almost do as well because this guy was a fucking psycho. Imagine if he were carrying a baseball bat or something worse. And his idiot wife just stood there, watching his imbecile husband threaten three 21-year olds, two women included. After the whole scene, we call the insurance company, and oh my fucking god are they useless. It took them 40 minutes to understand our location and to send a guy, and it took the guy an hour to get there, and when he got there he had the worst fucking attitude. He made us wait until he finished a call, which took him a good ten minutes. We had the caution to take the plates, make, and model of the car, since in a previous accident they had told my gf to do so so that the other guy would have to pay the damages. Well, Mr. Ineptitude here says that's not even true, and that since the crash and the vandalism were two separate actions, we would have to pay two fucking deductibles of MXN$13,000 each (around USD$700 each). And then he backtracks and says the insurance would only cover the crash. And then he backtracks again. Until I get fed up of his shit and call his boss, who puts the asshole in his place and tells me we can file a lawsuit against the fucker who crashed us; however, there's no guarantee it will go through and even then it will be a long, legal process.

My gf was pretty damn shocked and unstable after that but she kept telling me it was not my fault and that it would have happened to whoever was driving; she even insists on me not paying any of the expenses but at the end of the day it was me who was driving and it was me who was one of the two drivers involved. So, she's left around a month without her car, we have to follow with a lawsuit, and it's not even a guarantee the other asshole will end up paying.

Fuck this whole situation.

Oh god, I'm so glad you and your buddies didn't experience any injuries.

But this entire situation sounds like a bunch of shit, I really hope things improve for you and your girlfriend.

Baby Luigi said:
Oh god, I'm so glad you and your buddies didn't experience any injuries.

But this entire situation sounds like a bunch of shit, I really hope things improve for you and your girlfriend.

Asshole.

I would've called the police on him, but otherwise, I'd be too scared.

But you're right, this isn't your fault, it's that asshole who rammed into your car. With all of those actions of road rage, he should've had his license revoked. Hope you know the license plate number of the car of that charming person.

No one was injured right?

Striker Mario said:
Asshole.

I would've called the police on him, but otherwise, I'd be too scared.

But you're right, this isn't your fault, it's that asshole who rammed into your car. With all of those actions of road rage, he should've had his license revoked. Hope you know the license plate number of the car of that charming person.

No one was injured right?
I should have, but he fled before I could do anything and I couldn't even think properly then.

I do, I will start the lawsuit tomorrow. I hope he indeed has his licence revoked.

No one was, fortunately.

I don't blame you, since this situation is extremely stressful and the last thing the mind wants to do is stop and think. You shouldn't have to bear financial responsibility in an at-fault collision that is not yours, though. In the U.S., I believe you do have to report this to the police and the DMV. If the system works as it should and as in California, a judge can suspend a his DL if he is convicted of assaulting you on a highway (and it seems to me that he was assaulting you, with kicking, punching, screaming, and threatening). Hopefully, you'll have some help such as traffic cameras and license plate information and the police can track this crazy person down.

I really hate that we have to share space with such assholes in this world AND we have to pay for their shit they are fully responsible for causing. You are and should be mad.

In shitty situations like that all you can do is think of the positives. No one was injured and (sounds like) you're not out of pocket because of your insurance. But yeah, your gf not having a car for a month is definitely annoying (I dunno if taxi/uber/PT is good in your area but maybe it's not so bad?)

Did you get photos of the accident as evidence?

Striker Mario said:
I don't blame you, since this situation is extremely stressful and the last thing the mind wants to do is stop and think. You shouldn't have to bear financial responsibility in an at-fault collision that is not yours, though. In the U.S., I believe you do have to report this to the police and the DMV. If the system works as it should and as in California, a judge can suspend a his DL if he is convicted of assaulting you on a highway (and it seems to me that he was assaulting you, with kicking, punching, screaming, and threatening). Hopefully, you'll have some help such as traffic cameras and license plate information and the police can track this crazy person down.

I really hate that we have to share space with such assholes in this world AND we have to pay for their shit they are fully responsible for causing. You are and should be mad.
It's my first situation like this (and hopefully the last) so I really don't know what should I expect. Unfortunately, there were no cameras in the area and no witnesses that can be realistically contacted so it'll be his word against mine. The guy from the insurance company did see the car after the accident and he is aware the other guy fled (which you don't do if you're innocent), so that probably helps.

D.Va said:
In shitty situations like that all you can do is think of the positives. No one was injured and (sounds like) you're not out of pocket because of your insurance. But yeah, your gf not having a car for a month is definitely annoying (I dunno if taxi/uber/PT is good in your area but maybe it's not so bad?)

Did you get photos of the accident as evidence?
I have to see first, because if the lawsuit doesn't go through, there's the insurance's deductible to pay. But you're right, the positives in this case are good. For a crash at such speed, the damage is not as much I would have expected (only about three parts need to be changed). Uber is good but I will defintiely be driving her around whenever I'm not at work, it's the least I can do.

I did, I'm confident they'll help my case.

You know, what scares me the most out of this situation is that the guy was clearly psychotic and violent. I'll talk to the lawyer tomorrow to see if our information can remain completely confidential; I don't want such a person having my and my gf's addresses. Or even names.

Hobbes said:
The guy from the insurance company did see the car after the accident and he is aware the other guy fled (which you don't do if you're innocent), so that probably helps.
That's makes it a hit-and-run (especially if the man didn't identify himself), which at least in California, makes it a misdemeanor hit-and-run (because property damage, but injuries is involved), though I don't know what Mexico does with these.

I'm willing to bet this guy may have had driving problems before so hopefully, you can use his history against him.

What a *bleep*! I'm sorry about all you wen through, that guy was being *bleep*ing insane! I'm really glad you're okay, though. My best wishes for you, and I wish you luck on the lawsuit :)

I splashed hot oil all over my body two days ago, burning my skin there, and, thanks to ointment to relieve the horrible burn pain I've experienced, now my belly looks like it belongs to a cow or a giraffe.

Wanna have some of the cold water I just spilled on me?

Also, I've been sweating nearly all day, and tomorrow, the day after that, the day after that, the day after that, and the day after that are supposed to be really, really hot.

h e a t w a v e

I've read somewhere that cold water would make the burn worse. The best way to treat it is to remove the oil and apply burn ointment.

I'd like cooler things regardless. I'm a low-70's person.

I just got yet another bug bite while I was sitting here. It then proceeded to swell up to the size of a dime.

A couple of days ago, my mom woke me up with a fucking blowdryer. I forgot to post this.

On the good side, I got a snow cone, which makes me feel better.

Back