Video game series that should come back?

Metroid is not dead, Federation Force is being made (But the stubborn so called "fans" don't care) and iirc they said they'd make another Metroid after it, which will most likely be 2D on the NX.

Also, F-Zero is dead but Captain Falcon took over Smash Bros.

Magikrazy said:
Comeback? Was FE ever gone at any point?

I was under the impression that it's been continuous since the NES days.

And as I've said before, Metroid should not come back, at least not for a while.

well probably was refering to how we didnt even get fe12 outside of japan, so yeah it was sort of dead and awakening was seen as a comeback.

But otherwise its been pretty alive in japan at least.

Magikrazy said:
Comeback? Was FE ever gone at any point?

I was under the impression that it's been continuous since the NES days.

And as I've said before, Metroid should not come back, at least not for a while.

Awakening was meant to be the final game if it didn't sell well

Chara said:
Sylveon said:
Midna said:
Paper Mario

B-but Color Splash :yoshi:
what are you talking about, there hasn't been a paper mario game since spm

probably just some fangame
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam
I choose not to erase the world; you don't scare me!

Super Mario Galaxy
Kirby 64 (it needs a 3DS remake)
Super Mario Sunshine (as before)
Zelda Oracle
Playstation Allstars Battle Royale
Mario Edutainment (fovr tor laylz)
"Old" Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario World
That's all I got.

The mention of Kirby 64 intrigues me. Reason being that I though it would be nice if the style of Kirby 2, 3 and 64 gets a return to form in a new game, rather than the Super Star style.

What do I mean by this? Essentially the former group (directed by Shinichi Shimomura) are more slow-paced and puzzle-like and feature animal friends, while the latter is more fast-paced and fighter-like (and is a product of Masahiro Sakurai). The later games take after Super Star the most. Certainly, the latter group is the most enjoyed one, which is probably why it's still the direction of Kirby games (as seen with Planet Robobot).

Of the later games, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is the closest to embody the former group, where the games are more puzzle-oriented and the pacing is on the slower side. It doesn't fully count since it is not a traditional experience, but the feel of this game is on par with Dreamland 2, 3 and 64.

---

Anyway, I would also like to see Wario's Woods and Puzzle League both make a return. Although action puzzlers aren't popular in this current gaming climate, both experiences were a blast.

Thanks for reading.

I wonder whatever happened to those characters in Shimomura's games anyway? Did his will state something about them never appearing again?

Castlevania notthatabominiationthatisLordsofShadow

Mercury Steam should BURN BURN TO THE GROUND for fucking up the Castlevania series.

Magikrazy said:
At least there's Bloodstained (as well as Mighty No. 9 and Yooka-Laylee).

Yeah, but it's still not the Castlevania that I like with the Belmonts and Dracula.

Gungriffon

Sidewinder

Extreme-G

Wing Commander

Ice Climbers. Just imagine if they made a new one, and if Retro Studios did that and gave it visuals like Tropical Freeze, oh yeah!!

But also I was thinking what if they took the idea of a Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and turned it into a Ice Climber game so there were little worlds the Ice Climbers had to complete.

Definitely Mega Man. I'm a big fan of the series, and seeing Capcom neglecting to make more Mega Man games for the past few years just saddens me.

Bloody Roar is another one I would like to see make a come back. It's a pretty underrated fighting game series.

Kokoro said:
Definitely Mega Man. I'm a big fan of the series, and seeing Capcom neglecting to make more Mega Man games for the past few years just saddens me.

I agree with your points. But Inafune has got Mighty No.9.

Maria Renard said:
Kokoro said:

I agree with your points. But Inafune has got Mighty No.9.

Yeah, but now even that game keeps getting delayed. Not to mention, Mega Man is a franchise that you just can't replace.

Drawn to Life.
Drill Dozer.
Doshin the Giant.
Starfy.
Tomato Adventure.

It's not going to happen, but I would love to see another entry in the Naruto: Clash of Ninja series. I'm not sure how to put it in words, but these games really knew how to hype everyone that played them with me.
I've been replaying the last two recently, and I keep dreaming about a new entry being announced. Needless to say, I wake up disappointed.

I would also like to see another:
Mario Strikers
Mario Baseball
Earthbound/Mother
Sonic Riders
Ice Climbers
Wario Land
Mario Party/Paper Mario that interests me

I'd be ok with an actual WarioWare (I'm still waiting for a microgame based on Rhythm Heaven). Game and Wario feels very poor in comparison with earlier WW games (though I like the drawing game).

Silent Hill is probably dead forever.

Thanks a lot Konami.

Back