Pokémon Sun and Moon

What version of Gen 7 are you going to get?

• Sun

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Moon

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Both

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • There's going to be a gen 7?

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New starters and cover legendaries revealed)

Well, I'm going to guess the third legendary has something to do with an eclipse of some sort (Pokemon Eclipse will be the 3rd game in 2017).

Basing it on the Earth can also work.

Just like Pokemon Grey and Pokemon Z would be the next games right

Hilda said:
Just like Pokemon Grey and Pokemon Z would be the next games right
I'M STILL SALTY ABOUT THIS

Apparently there was a trademark filed for "Marshadow". The names Solgaleo and Lunala were trademarked and leaked earlier, so this is probably right. Based on the name, it sounds like it comes from Mars at first. More likely is that it's a play on the Latin "mare" which means sea. Considering "sol" and "luna" are also from the Latin, this seems more likely. That could work for the planet Earth. The word shadow might also imply a dark or ghost typing. So either a Water/Ghost or Water/Dark representing the Earth.

"Mare" is a term currently used to describe the dark gray, dried up lava baths on the moon, btw, because ancient observers thought the lava pools were the sea.

Could be another moon-based thing, idk

Not sure why Solgaleo is a psychic but it being steel kind of makes sense. In real life, stars will go through nuclear fusion to fuse Hydrogen into Helium. When the Hydrogen runs out, it tries to fuse Helium into Carbon but it doesn't last very long in medium size stars. Massive stars can keep fusing elements though. Massive stars will die as soon as it starts producing Iron. Honestly I think that this Pokemon should've been weak to steel instead but I don't really think fairy fits it and neither does ice, and neither does rock, but whatever.

For whatever reason, I never considered fire as a type for Solgaleo. Like I guess it's the Sun legendary but it didn't look like a Fire-type at all so it didn't even cross my mind lol. Don't know where the psychic part comes in, maybe the space shit around the eyes.

I hope this gen adds more bug-types at least, and some poison-types. Spend more time on new pokemon instead of mega's.

Again, we had Reshiram and Palkia, who don't necessarily resemble one of the types they are.

Me, I just want a Bug and/or Poison type legendary. Disappointing that we're getting even more psychics.

Also, I just want weak Pokemon either directly buffed with stat changes or just get a regular permanent evolution rather than this dodgy and unbalanced Mega Evolutions.

Striker Mario said:
Also, I just want weak Pokemon either directly buffed with stat changes or just get a regular permanent evolution rather than this dodgy and unbalanced Mega Evolutions.

Yeah, poor Delibird, he's asking for an evolution.

Or you know,

Farfetch'd.

skarmory would be pretty rad

Skarmory is already pretty good as is.

But then again, GameFreak gives evolutions and buffs to Pokemon who don't need it like 75% of the time. Like half of the Mega Evolution.

Eviolite Chansey + Eviolite Skarmory ftw

GBAToad said:
also confirmed was QR scanning so now you can literally just scan QR codes to complete the Pokedex. gj gamefreak way to make the game even easier
tbf nowadays it's insanely ridiculously hard to complete a pokedex anyways.

At least the national dex.

On the contrary, I think, thanks to Pokemon Bank, completing the dex is easier now. All you have to do is just transfer your pokemon from the game cart to the bank and then you can transfer all of those pokemon to another game cart. It's fast and efficient and immensely less time consuming than having to repeat the process each generation anew.

Of course, you still need to actually have the pokemon to transfer over, but breeding and leveling up pokemon is easier than ever and now you don't even need mythical pokemon to complete the dex as far as the games are concerned.

it's gotten much easier thanks to the things gamefreak mentioned and the GTS (shit system or not), but the task still had SOME level of difficulty, frustratingly so. Its honestly the last thing next to the RNG abusing Battle Maison that gives the gen VI games a challenge because tpc has enjoyed watering down the rest of the game to make it even more accessible to younger children because they can

This is just another instance of that and by removing the last challenge in the game they might as well start you out with all 8 gym badges, a full pokedex and stick u right in front of the champion with a team of lv 100s because thats clearly the level of difficulty they're aiming for

despite all of that, turns out the QR code system only registers them as 'seen' and gives u the location you can catch them on your Rotom map so you can go and catch them yourself, which is much better than what i anticipated.

Some new ''''''leaks'''''''. I would like these to be the final evolutions (especially rowlet's, and idc if littens is fire/fighting, i want it) which probably means that they are fake.

FCp7SX2.jpg

GBAToad said:
Some new ''''''leaks'''''''. I would like these to be the final evolutions (especially rowlet's, and idc if littens is fire/fighting, i want it) which probably means that they are fake.

FCp7SX2.jpg
Rowlet and Popplio look awesome, but I know that Litten will NOT evolve into a Fire/Fighting type.

even if it did i wouldnt mind because the design is great unlike emboars

i like rowlet's the most because its a much better take on the assassin design the other fake had and it has hoodie leaf strings it uses as a bow which is awesome

too bad these are likely fake :/

Rowlet's and Litten's look fine, but I don't really like Popplio's.

Also, I like how Litten's final evo is spewing fire from its crotch.

GBAToad said:
despite all of that, turns out the QR code system only registers them as 'seen' and gives u the location you can catch them on your Rotom map so you can go and catch them yourself, which is much better than what i anticipated.
Oh wow, so it's like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon except it took the main series ten years to adopt this.

holy shit if rowlet turns into friggin' green arrow then i will be switching teams

someone pointed out that the 'confidential' sign on the images is present in the reveal trailer for like a few split seconds, and the font matches up as well

the attention to detail is impressive but i'm still in the 'fake but would still very much like robinhoot' camp

I don't like any of those 'leaked' final evolutions, but it honestly just looks like someones fan art to me. If they end up being real then I'm ditching my starter for a Rattata or something. Ideally they'll have some good pokemon to catch right off the bat like in B2/W2.

Back