Pokémon Sun and Moon

What version of Gen 7 are you going to get?

• Sun

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Moon

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Both

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • There's going to be a gen 7?

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New starters and cover legendaries revealed)

alola looks incredibly diverse and i want to explore every part of it

please include soaring or at least give us a boat to navigate the ocean ty

also rotom pokedex is my new favourite rotom form

I don't think that Rotom form will be usable in battle though. It's probably only for the pokedex.

EDIT: Apparently you can scan QR codes to register pokemon in your Pokedex as well.

also confirmed was QR scanning so now you can literally just scan QR codes to complete the Pokedex. gj gamefreak way to make the game even easier

Rotom also talks, will act as a live map and give you quest markers to guide you as the game progresses. literally yokai watch tbh

I love that they made the Pokedex its own character.

More news from Serebii. Sun and Moon will be shown on the Nintendo Treehouse stream during E3. So not just Zelda U.

Screenshots from Serebii:
2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Based on these images and Salamence in the trailer, it looks like XY models are being reused. Get ready for the return of hovering Xatu.

So Solgaleo is a Psychic/Steel type with an ability that is essentially clear body.

So a better Metagross.

The Japanese channel has a series of 30 second clips that contain some new footage. It looks like the RotomDex can function as the bottom screen.

literally yw features a ghost with a tablet that travels with you, cant be used in battle, and records monsters for you and now we have a ghost INSIDE a tablet that travels with you, cant be used in battle and records monsters

goddamn, its more similar than what i initally thought wow

at least they borrowed one of yokai watch's only good redeeming featues. Having a gridless overworld minimap is cool, just hoping the quests dont become too handholdy

also we're all going to have to get used to having rotom stare at us the entire time we're playing the game

but can i pokemon-amie with popplio

oh my god rotom pokedex is the best thing ever

The legendaries types are really surprising. I am a bit dissapointed these types exist already. Not to mention Full Metal Body is Clear Body clone and Shadow Shield is Multiscale clone.
Solgaleo is basically a Uber Metagross... At least it has 212 HP which is high, assuming it has 0 EV, it has between 137 and 152 base HP.
Lunala typing is pretty bad, but it's signature move seems to be Ghost so that's scary.

I was kinda hoping for Lunaala to be Ghost/Fairy or Dark/Fairy but okay, that's cool. I hope she's really fast, because both weaknesses are 4X super-effective. Who would have that Solgaleo to be steel-type? I still find it predictable that Solgaleo is a physical attacker(look at his signature move) and Lunaala to be a special attacker along with the pschictyping. Also, Full Metal Body? I guess I'll name my Solgaleo "Edward Elric" then I'll name my sweet little Lunala "Luna."

Solgaleo being Psychic/Steel is surprising, as I was expecting Psychic/Fire for obvious reasons. Same with Lunala being Ghost type, although I'm not complaining about that because more ghosts are always a good thing.

Rotom Pokedex is a bit weird, but if it gives more love to Ghost types, that's fine by me.

Filling the Pokedex by just scanning a QR code really rubs me the wrong way. Not a fan of that at all.

One more thing I forgot to say. Rotom can talk in the Pokedex? So does that mean that the other forms can talk?
Chiaki Nanami said:
GalacticPetey said:
-Alola looks to be four islands, with a very small fifth one.
77OgUob.jpg

5 = 7??????
#4 might actually just be a really large boat. Kinda what it looks like to me. Maybe we just have SIXTHF islands, but those clouds(2 of them look like the tower duo) could be covering up some islands.
Oboro said:
Solgaleo being Psychic/Steel is surprising, as I was expecting Psychic/Fire for obvious reasons. Same with Lunala being Ghost type, although I'm not complaining about that because more ghosts are always a good thing.

Rotom Pokedex is a bit weird, but if it gives more love to Ghost types, that's fine by me.

Filling the Pokedex by just scanning a QR code really rubs me the wrong way. Not a fan of that at all.
Somebody loves some ghostises

I'm so excited for this game. It already looks better than X/Y which I wasn't too fond of and I'm loving the Rotom Pokedex thing.

Why am I the only one disappointed that we receive yet another psychic type for legendaries?

It might be the first cover legendaries with psychic types but, psychic is overused as a legendary type.

Baby Luigi said:
Why am I the only one disappointed that we receive yet another psychic type for legendaries?

That is disappointing. I'm pretty sure most regions have at least more than one psychic legendary while other types get almost no legendaries. At least we get a ghost which is rare.

Yeah the part ghost typing is good. I'm wondering when we'll get a poison-type one tbh

Isn't Poison Arceus the only poison legendary (and even that doesn't really count)? That's surprising, because there are a ton of cool ideas they could use for a poison legendary. Hopefully this game has one.

Baby Luigi said:
It might be the first cover legendaries with psychic types
Lugia.

GameFreaks' train of thought seems to be anything related to space is psychic. There's Deoxys obviously, but also Solrock and Lunatone. Many psychic type Pokemon learn the psychic move "Cosmic Power".

Sonja said:
Isn't Poison Arceus the only poison legendary (and even that doesn't really count)? That's surprising, because there are a ton of cool ideas they could use for a poison legendary. Hopefully this game has one.
Yes. I imagine that Solgaleo and Lunala are part of a trio and I'm wondering what the third is based on. It could be a Pokemon based on Earth with the poison typing as a commentary on pollution. Maybe duel typed with water since that's what most of the planet it.

Back