Pokémon Sun and Moon

What version of Gen 7 are you going to get?

• Sun

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Moon

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Both

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • There's going to be a gen 7?

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New starters and cover legendaries revealed)

i just realized
if they make sinnoh remakes this gen with these visuals

holy shit

GIVE ME 3D ME IN ALL MY SHINING GLORY

Nyrie said:
i just realized
if they make sinnoh remakes this gen with these visuals

holy shit
As someone who loves Gen IV, this excites me greatly.

come to think about it, gen iv was probably one of the best generations

not only were most, if not all of the Pokemon on point, but the side games at this point were fantastic

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Ranger are good examples of this. Their predecessors were good starts, but don't live up to this generation, and their successors were complete disappointments

and frankly, i preferred the main game art style at this point compared to the 3D style they've got going on now

not to say I don't like where the 3D style is going, it's not too bad if you get used to it

i really do wish we lived in the days of Generation IV games again

if they do have remakes this generation, then i'm definitely up for it

odds are though that they'll probably skip them until next gen

it feels just a little bit too soon for them imo

platinum is and probably always will be my favourite pokemon game
all the starters were great, the legendaries were great, the rival was great, dawn was super cute, the music was phenomenal, team galactic was badass, etc.

General Neptune said:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Ranger are good examples of this. Their predecessors were good starts, but don't live up to this generation, and their successors were complete disappointments
Are you saying that Explorers of Sky was a mediocre game? I hope you're not.

the only reason i like gen III tbh because it was the one i fully got into as a kid.

i still like it today a lot though, nostalgic

I love Generation 4 so much, Platinum and HGSS and Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky is absolutely amazing. Though that may be nostalgia speaking...

Super Mystery Dungeon is really good too. It's a return to form after Gates to Infinity.

yeah even though I consider emerald to be my all-time favourite pokemon game, I still have so much nostalgia for Gen IV, especially Platinum. Explorers of Time/Sky were some of the best DS games I'd played when I was young as well. Honestly it feels like that generation was so good because it felt really long, as opposed to Gen V and Gen VI which have both felt really short. then again that might just be nostalgia

Also, anyone else think that Sinnoh as a whole was a fantastic region? Despite what people say about excessive backtracking I actually appreciated the importance of having to revisit towns because it gave them all purpose as opposed to B/W and X/Y's 'visit one town for a piece of narrative, never return unless it's got the move tutor' shtick. They even handled shitty areas like caves and ice routes well. Mt. Coronet continues to be my favourite cave area in all of Pokemon because once you hit that snowy region, you really felt like you were climbing a mountain. Not to mention the Distortion World, which was incredible. Platinum probably had the last good post-game GF has ever released with an entire island you could explore, the battle frontier (Castle and Roulette were top) and your own frickin HOUSE. the one thing i'll admit is that the music (and visuals) were clearly outdone by Gen V, but story/region-wise, Gen IV has yet to be topped.

also seals

I wouldn't be upset with a D/P remake so long as they base them off of Platinum and not D/P.

sinnoh also has the underground, in which i don't know why they haven't returned it in later games, i loved it.

Platinum is one of my Top 5 favorite games of all time. I love the Sinnoh region, I love it's Pokemon, I love the post game content. I hope DP remakes decide to incorporate all the stuff that made Platinum so good.

Baby Luigi said:
i don't know why they haven't returned it in later games, i loved it.
gamefreak.jpg

one more thing i forgot to mention was hearthrome city which had that place you could walk around with pokemon in before HG/SS made it standard (and the feature was subsequently removed in BW ;_;). in platinum you could also use your starter and its evolutions for it as well and i fucking loved running around with torterra to find rare berries and shit for poffins

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/4jeg88/spoiler_starters_final_evolution_types_leaked/

if litten is actually fire/ground i'm going to be seriously disappointed

another possibility that has been brought up is that rowlet will become a grass/ground burrowing owl and lose its flying type while litten stays pure fire

Chiaki Nanami said:
General Neptune said:
Are you saying that Explorers of Sky was a mediocre game? I hope you're not.
it's set in the same generation, so no, I am most definitely not saying it was mediocre

it's the pinnacle of Pokemon side games in my opinion, everything afterwards was just appalling

Bring back the artstyle! Make Pokemon great again!

an early birthday present for me then

get ready for the absolutely nothing tomorrow

Mari Ohara said:
another possibility that has been brought up is that rowlet will become a grass/ground burrowing owl and lose its flying type while litten stays pure fire
But Burrowing Owls can fly.

And why a Burrowing Owl? I'd like to see Metal Beak a graceful Barn Owl. Or even an actual grass owl lol

Either way you're getting screwed over by ice.

Grass/Ground has less weaknesses but Grass/Flying has more resistances. One's immune to electric the other's immune to ground.

Mari Ohara said:
get ready for the absolutely nothing tomorrow
i know it's more than likely nothing

but i'm kind of excited anyway

-Solgaleo is the Sun legendary. It's actually psychic/steel.
-Lunala is the Moon legendary and has the typing of psychic/ghost.
-Alola looks to be four islands, with a very small fifth one.
-That young looking guy with the goatee from the first trailer is the professor, Professor Kukui.
-Lillie is the assitat to the professor. They refer to her as "mysterious".
-Hau, the boy from the first trailer, is your rival.
-Your Pokedex is a Rotom

The official Pokemon website has more info on Solgaleo and Lunala. Apparently their signature moves ignore the opponents ability.

Back