Wii U Paper Mario "leaked"

I'm keeping my expectations low for this one, if it happens.

I'd like to see more species besides Toads.

Yoshis, Piantas, Nokis, Tanookis, Penguins, Bees, those little wooden guys, and just the normal ass enemy NPCs like in the first two games.

Magikrazy said:
I'd like to see more species besides Toads.

Yoshis, Piantas, Nokis, Tanookis, Penguins, Bees, those little wooden guys, and just the normal ass enemy NPCs like in the first two games.
I don't know what Tanookis are but I definitely agree with you.

i'd like to see anything original rather than just Let's Rehash The Main Stuff

but i'm keeping my expectations very low after getting burned on the last few mario RPGs

Bartz Klauser said:

but i'm keeping my expectations very low after getting burned on the last few mario RPGs
I wouldn't dislike to see Wario Land, WarioWare, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Land, etc. get thrown into the pot but I suppose they aren't "Main Stuff"...

supermariofan said:
Please have a deep storyline like the first 3.

I would hardly call the stories of the first 3 ''deep''

Mcmadness said:
supermariofan said:

Admittedly SPM was.

I saw this quote from a GameFAQs user who claims to be a Treehouse member. While the legitimacy is obviously questionable, so is the existence of the Paper Mario game to begin with.
[quote author=bh7812]Well, I'm not the one who opened their mouths and thought it'd be an amazing way to spend their Friday night leaking stuff so I'll take a risk and say what I know about this:

It's number 3, she broke an NDA. She is a royal dumb ass! Evidently the remainder of Treehouse didn't learn after Chris Pranger's spectacular crash and burn this past Summer. Nintendo is royally pissed livid she took it upon herself to announce this. It was supposed to be announced in the next Direct coming up in early February. So much for that....

I can confirm the game is Paper Mario for Wii U. I've known about this for a year, a little before that IS employee ran their mouth was when I found out. It's an actual RPG and not some weird spin off thing using the paper characters. Your b****ing and whining over Sticker Star got heard...it borrows some from Paper Mario 1, some from TTYD, and some from Super Paper Mario. Length wise it's the longest Paper Mario they've done so far. The story....is actually quite bizarre even for a Paper Mario game. But, it's a very long, involved story this time that's for sure. You wanted a story guys you're getting a hell of a story. It's slated as a summer release. No decision on if the final title will be Paper Mario Wii U or Paper Mario: some subtitle. Honestly, given how bizarre this game's story is I don't know if there's any subtitle that's fitting enough that'll do it justice I really don't. Don't know who's composing the music...last I heard it has multiple composers. Possibly Kondo involved.

If Emily is reading this somehow- boy she sure loves "Taking one for the team", eh?! This time she sure took a hell of a hit that's for sure. Given how furious Nintendo is with her right now I would NOT want to be her Monday morning. She's going to face consequences for this one that's all I can say. The decision on what will happen to her isn't mine to make or speculate on. Hope it was worth it, she may as well get her fun in over the next 2 days. Good luck, Emily. You're going to need it this time. Now instead of unveiling this as a surprise in a few weeks in the next Direct they have to do it early next week.

ShockingAlberto is about to land in trouble over this, too. He won't get out of it unscathed I would say. Hope you enjoyed giving Gaf the big scoop!! He took so big of a hit for neogaf tonight he doesn't realize it yet. He will on Monday though. Gaf will also be facing consequences for this stunt as well.

Let this be a lesson guys, Nintendo is NOT the company to leak stuff or run your mouths om! They do not play around and if you do have valid info they will find you and you'll be in a world of major pain. The consequences for this are severe usually. You'd think they'd learn after their good pal Chris paid his price just months ago. Oh well the damage is done!

They didn't want this leaked...they wanted to announce it as a surprise next month. Those two are gonna wish they'd left well enough alone and said nothing. There's a reason I don't publically post my info anymore...you can all joke about the "Nintendo Ninjas" allll you want but that's really not far from the truth. Just...if you're gonna play the insider game don't do it with Nintendo. Anyone but them. All I know right now is I'm glad I'm not the loudmouth this time.[/quote]

I don't have any expectations for this game. Although the leak seems to be on the correct side, I'm still not hyped or anything until it's officially confirmed.

YoshiCookie said:
Mcmadness said:
supermariofan said:

Admittedly SPM was.
I suppose for Mario standards, yes, but for video game standards, not really.

Striker Mario said:
Bartz Klauser said:

I wouldn't dislike to see Wario Land, WarioWare, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Land, etc. get thrown into the pot but I suppose they aren't "Main Stuff"...

I wouldn't say Donkey Kong Country, because we got one nearly 2 years ago. But I agree with the others, Nintendo has seemed to ditch them for some reason, they are quite successful as well. Maybe E3, never know what the Dark lords are thinking.

If this new Paper Mario is to come out, I'd hope for the battle style to be changed. For the sake of fans, not the same as Sticker Star. I still think Sticker Star, is a good game.

YoshiCookie said:
[quote author=bh7812]Well, I'm not the one who opened their mouths and thought it'd be an amazing way to spend their Friday night leaking stuff so I'll take a risk and say what I know about this:

It's number 3, she broke an NDA. She is a royal dumb ass! Evidently the remainder of Treehouse didn't learn after Chris Pranger's spectacular crash and burn this past Summer. Nintendo is royally pissed livid she took it upon herself to announce this. It was supposed to be announced in the next Direct coming up in early February. So much for that....

I can confirm the game is Paper Mario for Wii U. I've known about this for a year, a little before that IS employee ran their mouth was when I found out. It's an actual RPG and not some weird spin off thing using the paper characters. Your b****ing and whining over Sticker Star got heard...it borrows some from Paper Mario 1, some from TTYD, and some from Super Paper Mario. Length wise it's the longest Paper Mario they've done so far. The story....is actually quite bizarre even for a Paper Mario game. But, it's a very long, involved story this time that's for sure. You wanted a story guys you're getting a hell of a story. It's slated as a summer release. No decision on if the final title will be Paper Mario Wii U or Paper Mario: some subtitle. Honestly, given how bizarre this game's story is I don't know if there's any subtitle that's fitting enough that'll do it justice I really don't. Don't know who's composing the music...last I heard it has multiple composers. Possibly Kondo involved.

If Emily is reading this somehow- boy she sure loves "Taking one for the team", eh?! This time she sure took a hell of a hit that's for sure. Given how furious Nintendo is with her right now I would NOT want to be her Monday morning. She's going to face consequences for this one that's all I can say. The decision on what will happen to her isn't mine to make or speculate on. Hope it was worth it, she may as well get her fun in over the next 2 days. Good luck, Emily. You're going to need it this time. Now instead of unveiling this as a surprise in a few weeks in the next Direct they have to do it early next week.

ShockingAlberto is about to land in trouble over this, too. He won't get out of it unscathed I would say. Hope you enjoyed giving Gaf the big scoop!! He took so big of a hit for neogaf tonight he doesn't realize it yet. He will on Monday though. Gaf will also be facing consequences for this stunt as well.

Let this be a lesson guys, Nintendo is NOT the company to leak stuff or run your mouths om! They do not play around and if you do have valid info they will find you and you'll be in a world of major pain. The consequences for this are severe usually. You'd think they'd learn after their good pal Chris paid his price just months ago. Oh well the damage is done!

They didn't want this leaked...they wanted to announce it as a surprise next month. Those two are gonna wish they'd left well enough alone and said nothing. There's a reason I don't publically post my info anymore...you can all joke about the "Nintendo Ninjas" allll you want but that's really not far from the truth. Just...if you're gonna play the insider game don't do it with Nintendo. Anyone but them. All I know right now is I'm glad I'm not the loudmouth this time.
[/quote]

That gamefaqs post is blatantly bullshit because he's talking about people who are not employees of Nintendo as if they were employees of Nintendo. They can't "punish" members of the press for rumouring a game exist (put them on a press blacklist or something yes, but not fire/sue them as the guy implies).

(not to mention how he talks about how the person leaking things is a "dumbass" and will "suffeer the consequences"... followed by giving more details about the game... actually there,s a lot more wrong withat post, but dissecting it would be a waste of time)

'member of treehouse decides to post on gamefaqs bitching about supposed """""""""leaks""""""""', LOL
is this not an 'official' announcement? or am i missing something

Striker Mario said:
tfw no paper ashley

if anything, i think introducing paper donkey kong would be cool

Of course, I'd love to see Paper Donkey Kong, Paper Diddy Kong, Paper Daisy, Paper Wario, and Paper freaking Waluigi. Someone that isn't from the mainstream Mario games for once.

urgh

Striker Mario said:
YoshiCookie said:
Mcmadness said:
supermariofan said:

Admittedly SPM was.

It's about as deep as a kiddie pool.

I think it's less about it being a deep story and more about it being a break from the same tired story of Bowser wanting to take over.

None of the Paper Mario games have super deep and enriching stories. What they do have is great, witty writing and a lot of fun and memorable characters to tell those stories. That, for me at least, is the draw to the games' narrative. Not the story, but the characters.

GalacticPetey said:
None of the Paper Mario games have super deep and enriching stories. What they do have is great, witty writing and a lot of fun and memorable characters to tell those stories. That, for me at least, is the draw to the games' narrative. Not the story, but the characters.

Even Sticker Star had that.

Glowsquid said:
YoshiCookie said:

They didn't want this leaked...they wanted to announce it as a surprise next month. Those two are gonna wish they'd left well enough alone and said nothing. There's a reason I don't publically post my info anymore...you can all joke about the "Nintendo Ninjas" allll you want but that's really not far from the truth. Just...if you're gonna play the insider game don't do it with Nintendo. Anyone but them. All I know right now is I'm glad I'm not the loudmouth this time.

That gamefaqs post is blatantly bull*bleep* because he's talking about people who are not employees of Nintendo as if they were employees of Nintendo. They can't "punish" members of the press for rumouring a game exist (put them on a press blacklist or something yes, but not fire/sue them as the guy implies).

(not to mention how he talks about how the person leaking things is a "dumbass" and will "suffeer the consequences"... followed by giving more details about the game... actually there,s a lot more wrong withat post, but dissecting it would be a waste of time)
[/quote]

Well, Emily Rogers was apparently at least once a Treehouse member, and might still be one.

Anyway, here's more from him.

(In response to "Are there original characters?")
[quote author=bh7812]Yup! Quite a few original characters in fact. Almost every major Mario character plus a lot of new original ones will appear. Though I like Sticker Star and have no problem with it outside no real hints or help with the puzzles, I know that game got massive complaints. The complaints got heard and are being completely addressed. Miyamoto doesn't seem to have any heavy involvement in the project outside of some very basic level feedback. This installment definitely seems to be the one for long time fans who've had complaints to look forward to![/quote]

Really sounds too good to be true. Who knows, though? It might happen (Although I agree with his perspective on Sticker Star *puts iron shield up*)

Now I REALLY don't believe it.

Mcmadness said:
Striker Mario said:
YoshiCookie said:
Mcmadness said:
supermariofan said:

Admittedly SPM was.

It's about as deep as a kiddie pool.
it's still an actual story of its own that isn't just "bowser took over again and you have to fight the same stuff all over again"

basically we don't want Sticker Star 2: This Time With More Stickers

anyhow, yeah that gamefaqs post sounds too good to be true. i'm not getting hype until we get real evidence

I hope it will be the original formula with the TTYD perfection. Or will it be another Mario meets Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Mega Man X7 hybrid like platformer RPG? Or will it be bomb like Sticker Star which sucks as bad as MMX7. If it a multidimensional RPG platforming hybrid then I'm listening to Rina Aiuchi's Code Crush. If it is the original formula then I'm happy.

Bartz Klauser said:
it's still an actual story of its own that isn't just "bowser took over again and you have to fight the same stuff all over again"

Because thats exactly what happens everytime Bowser was the antagonist.

YoshiCookie said:
Well, Emily Rogers was apparently at least once a Treehouse member, and might still be one.

... no? That's totally false.

Back