Wii U Paper Mario "leaked"

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
Just a few minutes ago, three people well-connected in the gaming industry announced they were told were told by "5 different sources" that a new Paper Mario for Wii U is in development and will be announced during the year. Earlier it was rumoured an Intelligent Systems employeee mentioned it at a job booth.

Also the koopalings are in it

Aww hell yeeeaaaahhhhh

Also TTYD HD when

I'm not very surprised, but I'm glad it's been announced. I like sticker star's gameplay but I know a lot of people don't, so I hope they change it.

It hasn't even been two months since Paper Jam, has it not? I think it's way too early to have this be a thing.

I don't believe it.

Raven said:
Haruka Amami said:
It hasn't even been two months since Paper Jam, has it not? I think it's way too early to have this be a thing.
Didn't it just come out today?
I'm counting the European and Japanese releases too.

The note about Koopalings doesn't inspire confidence at all, but I'm hoping for the best.

-the people behind the leak have a generally good track record and certainly have enough clout to be contacted by multiple inside sources.
-it makes sense: the last paper mario game was commercially successful, intelligent systems doesn't havem uch on the horizon with #FE and Fire Emblem IF completed, etc.
-it's been rumoured before (see OP).

Raven said:
Haruka Amami said:
Didn't it just come out today?

in the US

Why would they make a new PM game when they just did a crossover less than two months ago?

Mary Berry said:
Why would they make a new PM game when they just did a crossover less than two months ago?

Because the Mario and Luigi games and Paper Mario games are handled by two entirely different teams and the last Paper Mario game was in 2012.

Gamefreak75 said:
Mary Berry said:

Because the Mario and Luigi games and Paper Mario games are handled by two entirely different teams and the last Paper Mario game was in 2012.

Oh ok. That makes sense, having a period of about four years between each sequel.

2000-2004: four
2004-2009: five
2009-2012: three
2012-2016: four

Mary Berry said:
Gamefreak75 said:
Mary Berry said:

Oh ok. That makes sense, having a period of about four years between each sequel.

Are you counting Paper Jam in the 2016 slot?

Haruka Amami said:
That's not a Paper Mario game. It's a Mario and Luigi game that guest stars paper characters.

Iggy Waffles said:
Mary Berry said:
Gamefreak75 said:
Mary Berry said:

Are you counting Paper Jam in the 2016 slot?

Nope, rather this supposed Wii U version.

E: >_> That was a failure...

Ok, my 2 cents.

The paper Koopalings were actually announced in Paper Jam

remember that 2 independently developed Mario RPGs followed both the NSMB guidelines:
-Bowser is the main villain and kidnaps Peach
-The settings are grassland, desert, ice world, jungle/forest, tropics, Bowser Castle
-if possible, no new characters are introduced, and the original characters of the series don't appear, with the exception of the most iconic ones.

So, we will likely have a game like the first Paper Mario without the original characters, or Intelligent Systems will continue to experiment like they did in the last 2 Paper Mario games and will offer a new gameplay different from that of the previous game.

pleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstarpleaseretconstickstar

Back