Things that you think Mario Kart can improve upon or should add.

Mari Ohara said:
Ninelevendo said:
Eh personally I like seeing characters with specific kart combos, since it kinda feels like it's showing what they prefer aka their personality.
i guess everyone in the mushroom kingdom prefers the standard kart and pipe frame
Pretty much every Mario character is generic and under-developed so that makes sense.

Making Mario Kart 8 texture changes would be awesome. I've already seen a Fire Luigi mod ages ago, which looked cool, imagine making a Blue P-Wing. Would be great.

I think characters like Cat Peach and Tanooki Mario should've been alternate costumes or outfits for Mario and Peach that you should have the option of changing into when you select them. I mean take a look at Mega Man Powered Up with Roll. Roll had lots of costumes and whatnot. Roll and her outfits/costumes were all DLC and that was PSP.

It should also work the same way that Mario Sports Mix did with Peach's tennis wear with a press of another button.

I think Cat Peach and Tanooki Mario could have easily been free DLC and not be included in the paid Zelda and Animal Crossing DLC Packs.

Adrian Fahrenheit "Alucard" Tepes said:
I think characters like Cat Peach and Tanooki Mario should've been alternate costumes or outfits for Mario and Peach that you should have the option of changing into when you select them. I mean take a look at Mega Man Powered Up with Roll. Roll had lots of costumes and whatnot. Roll and her outfits/costumes were all DLC and that was PSP.

It should also work the same way that Mario Sports Mix did with Peach's tennis wear with a press of another button.

I think Cat Peach and Tanooki Mario could have easily been free DLC and not be included in the paid Zelda and Animal Crossing DLC Packs.
I agree, especially considering that the Animal Crossing slot has two characters with different stats. I fear that the reason why the costumes were introduced as new characters instead is that the developers desperately needed to fill the roster of DLC characters but had very little time and resources to do so.

Returning King Boo takes less time and effort to make than Cat Peach and Tanooki Mario.

Same with Kirby, who would also be an excellent choice as a racer in Mario Kart.

Both are literally single-colored balls with a lot of 1 and 0 animations, unlike Cat Peach and Tanooki Mario, who basically have to be rerigged due to their polygon change. AND they have their own animations, which probably took the most time to make for these guys.

When it comes to Time Trials, an option to compete with a Ghost of the closest time would be great. I believe Mario Kart Wii uses that, but what inspired me in this decision is the Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games where you can race other characters from around the world (though it only has 3 sports to use this feature on).

Beyond that, expanded amiibo support would be cool too, so hopefully it's got support beyond unlocking new costumes. Perhaps a new feature where you can unlock challenges to overcome (Mission Mode)?

Thanks for reading.

Baby Luigi said:
Same with Kirby, who would also be an excellent choice as a racer in Mario Kart.
He even has his own racing game.

Honestly I don't understand why they didn't add Captain Falcon.

Adrian Fahrenheit "Alucard" Tepes said:

I just discovered that, incidentally, in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX they did exactly that.

I've known that a while ago

Mario Kart Arcade seems to be FAAR ahead of Nintendo EAD when it comes to actually making alt characters their own slot

I'm quite jealous that the North American version of Mario Kart Arcade GP DX doesn't let you choose your kart and items; they're chosen by roulette, which you have no control over.

Me, I'm just jealous that the Japanese Mario Kart Arcade GP DX has more stuff in general. Such as, I don't know, BABY MARIO.

The Mario Kart game that's coming for the Switch may no doubt be an enhanced Mario Kart 8 which may fix some of the flaws of the game.

Mario Kart: Double Dash!! will still be in my book the most pure pleasure multiplayer racing game of all time.

It still could use my ideas of improvement.

I want to see personal items to return. Make them a little more balanced, or if a racer has a great one, then make his/her stats worse.

I'd prefer it if they brought back unique Karts for all the characters.

Truthfully, I find it good that characters can now utilize any vehicle that they want now. Too large? Make the vehicles have a larger body frame.

In Double Dash!!, although any combination can use the Parade Kart, it's lighter than four of the five heavyweight karts, and you can't (normally) use the Boo Pipes unless your character combination uses a heavyweight character.

I think that character-inspired vehicles can be introduced, but they should behave like they do in MK7 and MK8. Admittedly, the Badwagon and the Bone Rattler can be considered as based on single characters (Roy and Dry Bowser), so it would just be a matter of doing this more systematically, for every character. I'm not seeing this happening due to the size of the rosters, though.

They are trying to cover up by making palette swaps such as that Orange bike that is clearly Daisy-inspired.

However , there are still some other karts that have a design matching some other characters.

The Biddybuggy is made thinking to suit the baby characters. The Tanooki Jeep also is clearly for Tanooki Mario and the Cat Cruiser coincidentially matches Cat Peach.

But i have to wonder, why on earth do they include HORRIBLE karts such as the trispeeder that nobody uses ... instead of a beautiful bike like the Shooting Star for example.

The funny thing is, the Tri-Speeder is among the best vehicle bodies when it comes to underwater racing. And I have seen a few players using that vehicle body.

Also, my best guess as to why the Wario Bike, Shooting Star, and Phantom never returned has to do with how they're designed.

Swiftie_Luma said:
instead of a beautiful bike like the Shooting Star for example.
I almost regurgitated something when you mentioned those two words.

But I realized you're talking about the Mario Kart Wii bike and not that... thing in Mario Kart DS.

Duskull said:
I'd prefer it if they brought back unique Karts for all the characters.
Just as long as those characters can ride in all other karts like in Mario Kart DS. And not care about their weight. Screw weight classes.

I just like to cultivate every opportunity when Mario gets to ride on glittery marvels like the Birthday Girl, Prancer, and the Heart Coach.

Also, my best guess as to why the Wario Bike, Shooting Star, and Phantom never returned has to do with how they're designed.
You're talking about the way the characters sit on them, right?

Uh, they never returned because only one installment after Wii uses bikes? Be patient.

Great Scott! I came up with a great idea of having the DeLorean as a car in a Mario Kart game.
It is so unique to feature. It can be a great DLC car.

honestly think they should go back to mostly adding new unique characters from recent and popular Mario games, like Double Dash, Wii etc. I know those still had some lazy ones but at least Toadette wasn't AS lazy since Toad is already representative of a species and there are female members of that species (at least then there were. have no idea what nintendo thinks now)

I think Wii was where they started getting interested in adding more of characters that were already there (Baby Mario and Baby Luigi were reasonable, Baby Peach was pushing it and Baby Daisy was unnecessary), then that came to a head in 8 where aside from Koopalings (7 slots for very similar characters) the only new characters in base game were Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach. Then they used DLC to add in another Mario and another Peach and another Bowser, and a bunch of crossover characters. Wasn't till 8 Deluxe that they at least added 3 unique veterans that were missing, and still it had no Mario related newcomers. So yeah, the thing I want most for Mario Kart is to have Double Dash's mindset for new characters. With a broader in-universe range preferably but that might be wishful thinking.

Also, I wouldn't miss the coin in the slightest if it was gone next game, same with Blooper. They're pretty useless items and it sucks to get one and then not have any viable offense or defense thus wasting the item box you just hit.

Pwwnd123 said:
Great Scott! I came up with a great idea of having the DeLorean as a car in a Mario Kart game.
It is so unique to feature. It can be a great DLC car.
If you exceed 88 mph, you're taken back to the previous Mario Kart.

Back