Things that you think Mario Kart can improve upon or should add.

The Excitebiker and the Excitebike.
An 8-lap Rainbow Road with each lap being one of the older Rainbow Roads.
Link (no DLC), Samus, Pikachu, Ness, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Kirby, and Fox McCloud

Bob Eubanks said:
memoryman3 said:
I think it should give us the option to choose the COM racers.

You actually sorta can if you just go back and get computers again. It's inefficient but worth it.

I do wish we could just skip the middleman and choose them ourselves though. That would be way easier.

This is not a solution in any game other than MKDS versus mode.

It's pretty stupid they don't let us pick our rivals considering games like Mario Super Star Baseball and Mario Super Sluggers , games with bigger rosters , let us do it.

This is an idea I've had for a while now: Shop Mode.
Finally putting use to the Coin system. It could be very similar to Mario Party 8’s Fun Bazaar, in that you choose a character to go into the shopping area. You could buy vehicle parts, alternate costumes, new cups (not including the standard eight), battle courses, and more! But you can't buy new characters. They're unlocked via the usual Guide Dang It criteria.

SuperDoom said:

You can't make that into a single track, like at all.

Kart customization. I mean, Mario Kart really goes all-out on it. Every body part has its own set of pieces you can modify and alter and swap out. Change the kart's color and engine noise, too.

That should also apply to the tires and the gliders.

You should change spoke-design and color of the tires as well as additional details on each glider.

So as for the tires, the recolored tires like Crimson Slim, Retro Off-Road, Azure, etc cease to exist.

Baby Luigi said:
SuperDoom said:

It sounds pretty complicated.

Daring Do said:
Baby Luigi said:
SuperDoom said:

Just make it into an extremely long point-to-point track. :)
That still won't work. Remember, all the tracks are looped. The only way to connect them to each other would be to break the loops, thus altering the maps.

Unless the lap markers were teleporters...

i wish that the cpus in mk8 actually used random combinations. instead, it seems like they just choose from like 4 different possible combinations that are assigned to their character.

Mari Ohara said:
i wish that the cpus in mk8 actually used random combinations. instead, it seems like they just choose from like 4 different possible combinations that are assigned to their character.

per

Per

PER

Mari Ohara said:
Like they did in Mario Kart Wii.

well, compared to mkwii, mk8 has a LOT more options for combinations, so the lack of variety is a lot more noticeable.

I think Double Dash!! was a little bit better in this aspect.

Mari Ohara said:
well, compared to mkwii, mk8 has a LOT more options for combinations, so the lack of variety is a lot more noticeable.

A lot of CPUs in Mario Kart 8 only really use the standard vehicle parts and/or Pipe Frame. Only Bowser and the Koopalings will use the Landship, while Mario and Link are the only characters who will use an inside drifting bike when CPU-controlled; Mario uses the Comet, while Link uses the Master Cycle.

Interestingly, whenever Lakitu uses the Biddybuggy, it's always equipped with the Monster tires, even though its Standard ATV uses the Standard tires.

Mari Ohara said:

mario kart 7 does it too, and it has a large variety of parts as well. except some characters "favor" some bodies (etc wario uses the egg or bee car more often) but they still have a chance of using all bodies and tires (with the exception of male characters and the birthday girl)

hell, it takes MORE to program a specific combo for every character than a randomly-assigned one, so what gives. I like variety against CPU as well. I don't know who was the boob at Nintendo who said that Baby Luigi NEEDS to use the Biddybuggy and Standard Farts.

They should rename it Bowser Kart

Baby Luigi said:
mario kart 7 does it too, and it has a large variety of parts as well. except some characters "favor" some bodies (etc wario uses the egg or bee car more often) but they still have a chance of using all bodies and tires (with the exception of male characters and the birthday girl)

hell, it takes MORE to program a specific combo for every character than a randomly-assigned one, so what gives. I like variety against CPU as well. I don't know who was the boob at Nintendo who said that Baby Luigi NEEDS to use the Biddybuggy and Standard Farts.

That reminds me, Rosalina and Waluigi need to stop using the Monster tires whenever they're not using the Standard ATV. Why else would I pair Rosalina with the Biddybuggy kart and Azure Roller tires? As for Waluigi, seeing him use the Steel Driver would surely add to the diversity.

I just want to see Mario on the Prancer. Or just dudes in general.

Eh personally I like seeing characters with specific kart combos, since it kinda feels like it's showing what they prefer aka their personality.

I don't really care that much though because I pretty much always play online and when I'm offline I never see what pre-set kart Luigi is in because I'm always Luigi.

From what I've seen, a CPU Luigi does sometimes use the Mach 8 vehicle body. Similarly, a CPU Peach may sometimes use the Badwagon vehicle body.

Ninelevendo said:
Eh personally I like seeing characters with specific kart combos, since it kinda feels like it's showing what they prefer aka their personality.
i guess everyone in the mushroom kingdom prefers the standard kart and pipe frame

Did someone already mention more color swaps for vehicles?
I'm almost positive it was already mentioned, but I'm not finding it.

Either way, I like having an assortment of colors offered for each character.

J-Yoshi64 said:
Did someone already mention more color swaps for vehicles?
I'm almost positive it was already mentioned, but I'm not finding it.

Either way, I like having an assortment of colors offered for each character.

There should be a system where you can change your vehicles color through a palette system, similar to your image program, gmod, Spore, Animal Crossing, etc. Making these recolors isn't even difficult at all, and a lot of racing games let you pick your vehicle's palette, so I wonder why it's taking a while.

I mean, just look at this awesome recolored Badwagon, complete with decals, now imagine doing something like that without needing to use hacks:

PimpMyWagon.png

Back