Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2

Oh hell yeah. Heck, they had the superior Rainbow Road music for the Rainbow course, but I remember the disappointment that we had a crappy MIDI cover version of that slide theme.

wow looking back the hightail falls music is really shitty

i don't think the rainbow ride cover is too bad but it's definitely the worst version of that song

Do you know what else I loved about Galaxy 2? The Greater World Map theme progression

First, you start in a planet, then you go to a solar system, then a star cluster, then a galaxy, then a galaxy cluster, then a black hole (the last world has a bland setting so not going to mention that, though the music is good there). It's a really nice touch that's very accurate to the actual scale progression of the universe (except the black hole and whatever theme the last world has).

Hightail Falls music was pretty average. Galaxy 2 did have a few average tracks in there (mostly remixes). Despite that Bowser's Lava Lair is perhaps the greatest official remix your ever hear.

Lucina said:
Bowser's Lava Lair is perhaps the greatest official remix your ever hear.

Oh yes I agree with this. Maybe I'm just a sucker for French horn but it's definitely one of the best remixes

Remixing the Bowser's Lava Lair music from SM64 was a great thing Nintendo did.

Lucina said:
Hightail Falls music was pretty average. Galaxy 2 did have a few average tracks in there (mostly remixes). Despite that Bowser's Lava Lair is perhaps the greatest official remix your ever hear.

Bowser's Lava Lair is my second favourite version of Bowser Road, only losing to the Olympics version.

i'm currently playing Super mario galaxy 1 , and i loved it the soundtrack is awesome for me a good soundtrack helps a game in a big way , some of the areas are tricky cause the controls mainly cause of the gravity of the planets , but its an amazing game so far. you can check out my playthrough in the marioverse named super mario galaxy playthrough if u want hope this helps!! :mario:

Marie said:
wow looking back the hightail falls music is really *bleep*ty

i don't think the rainbow ride cover is too bad but it's definitely the worst version of that song
Finally, you came to your senses to the reality of *bleep*ty MIDI covers "remix" isn't what you guys think it means in Super Mario Galaxy 2. :mario:

Baby Luigi said:
Do you know what else I loved about Galaxy 2? The Greater World Map theme progression

First, you start in a planet, then you go to a solar system, then a star cluster, then a galaxy, then a galaxy cluster, then a black hole (the last world has a bland setting so not going to mention that, though the music is good there). It's a really nice touch that's very accurate to the actual scale progression of the universe (except the black hole and whatever theme the last world has).
This just in: BLOF finds something about Super Mario Galaxy 2 that she likes. Will the world go under tomorrow? Only time will tell.

Granted, a lot of the artistic direction is good. Except the fact that too many worlds take place in non-outer space settings. Ugh.

The skybox is amazing in both Mario Galxaxies too (ONLY the space ones that look like a nebula or a galaxy in the background, none of that blue sky or atmosphere bullcrap), but then again, I love outer space aesthetics.

Pi said:
Baby Luigi said:

This just in: BLOF finds something about Super Mario Galaxy 2 that she likes. Will the world go under tomorrow? Only time will tell.
We also say that Co-Star mode is much better in Galaxy 2 as well.

I'll be honest with you:
Super mario galaxy 1 was way more intensive (and scary for me as a kid) to me, and that is something I never saw in the sequel, making galaxy 2 my favorite upon the two...... AS A KID! Now that I've played them again, I realized that I liked the original more, for the following reasons:

*The cutscenes are just unique, such as a tower falling just behind Mario or a black hole destroying the universe, making Rosalina the entire space's only hope, well 2 didn't have that, instead it was just lumas falling from the sky and bowser falling.
*If yoshi is in the sequel that doesn't mean it is better ( MAN I HATE WHEN PEOPLE MAKE UP THAT EXCUSE!!! (I just got carried away) )
*The Soundtrack?? Maybe??
* The hub is crazy good in Galaxy1, and you can even use a flying powerup to explore more! SMG2 just had Mario's face from mario teaches typing.
*SMG1 was more challenging!

Oh sorry, I forgot to say that I respect all of the people who prefer galaxy2's opinions, so please don't feel like you should change your mind. Besides, super mario galaxy 2 is amazing. Just sayin' that the original is amazing-er

Just look at my signature.

Your problem is that people aren't wrong for disagreeing with such a bold statement.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Your problem is that people aren't wrong for disagreeing with such a bold statement.
I think your sarcasm detector is a bit broken.

Kaska said:
LeftyGreenMario said:

more like your wording for sarcasm sucks ass

Kaska said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
can you blame her though
i mean since you're new, she's had zero interaction with you beforehand, which could lead anybody to believe your sig is serious since they don't really know you. also like zae said, you aren't making it very clear that you're being sarcastic, so

Geoff said:
Kaska said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
can you blame her though
i mean since you're new, she's had zero interaction with you beforehand, which could lead anybody to believe your sig is serious since they don't really know you. also like zae said, you aren't making it very clear that you're being sarcastic, so
That is true

Zae Eildus said:
Kaska said:
LeftyGreenMario said:

more like your wording for sarcasm sucks ass

That gif in your signature fits well with your comment.

au contraier (or however you spell it), Super Mario Galaxy 2 ranks among my most hated Mario games I've ever played.

Back