Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2

It's been so long since I've played either I can't remember my preference. Galaxy one I guess. I found 2's 'hub' to be more creative but not as big and fun too explore.

Gonna keep this short so a flame-war doesn't break out, but
Rosalina is my least favorite Mario character and the only one I legitimately hate.
Still I guess the characters don't make the game better or worse but Galaxy 1 and 2 seem pretty even for me quite honestly.

Xandalf said:
I found 2's 'hub' to be more creative but not as big and fun too explore.
I never really found 2's hub to be that creative, to me, it's just grass. But, that's just what I thought of it.

You guys might be right about the Hub and Rosalina, but what about the galaxies and the end? Galaxy 2 did way better with the green stars. It beats having to beat the whole game AGAIN with :luigi:. Also, the majority of the fun galaxies are in Galaxy 2. I think Galaxy 2 beats Galaxy 1 way out of the water with galaxies and how fun they are.
Remember, the following is my opinion, so please don't hate on me:
Slimy Springs=Best visuals in Super Mario Galaxy series.
Cosmic Cove/Puzzle Plank/Gusty Garden= Best music in Super Mario Galaxy series.
Haunty Halls/Boo Moon beats Ghostly out of the water and the only prop of the galaxies I give to Galaxy 1 is Buoy Base and Gusty Garden.
I dunno, I enjoyed Galaxy 2's galaxies way more than 1.

My theory is that people like the one they played first more. Although I'm not sure which I like more

The fun factor of the different galaxies depend on what you like better, however, I do believe that lots of the Galaxy 2 galaxies were really similar to Galaxy 1's.

Marty Mcfly said:
My theory is that people like the one they played first more.
I played the second first, and I like the first better.

May I ask for examples, Stargazing?

Angelxmoore said:
Cosmic Cove/Puzzle Plank/Gusty Garden= Best music in Super Mario Galaxy series.
I'll give you best music in SMG2, but

Buoy base, I can see why people would like that song. Is that your favorite song of the galaxy series?

Galaxy 1 one has Bowser destroying toad town with his airships, which is awesome.

Galaxy 2 has him trying to get cake, which is funny.

Yeah I think I prefer 1

There's nothing like the Space Junk Galaxy theme, though. Everything tries being so majestic in these games, and then Space Junk Galaxy reminds us of the emptiness of space in general. It's a fantastic piece of music and the level is one of my favourites in the game.

Pi said:
There's nothing like the Space Junk Galaxy theme, though. Everything tries being so majestic in these games, and then Space Junk Galaxy reminds us of the emptiness of space in general. It's a fantastic piece of music and the level is one of my favourites in the game.

I love Space Junk, but for emphasizing the emptiness of space, I think World 1-2, World 3, and World 4 from Super Mario Galaxy 2 do better jobs, even though they're more atmospheric than they really are music.

Angelxmoore said:
You guys might be right about the Hub and Rosalina, but what about the galaxies and the end? Galaxy 2 did way better with the green stars. It beats having to beat the whole game AGAIN with :luigi:. Also, the majority of the fun galaxies are in Galaxy 2. I think Galaxy 2 beats Galaxy 1 way out of the water with galaxies and how fun they are.

Green Stars are artificial padding. I ---ing hated them. Maybe not as bad as doing the same thing as Luigi, but if the best thing about it is that it's "not as bad as doing the same thing again but as Luigi", it's still not a fun experience.

Then, what are your opinion on the galaxies? Do you Galaxy 1'a design and missions of galaxy 1 better?

I haven't played Galaxy 1 for years, but i still find it to be one of the best games i played

Pi said:
I remember my first thoughts on "Space Junk", that I would be getting a bass-heavy steampunk, factory-like music, with trash compactors and many dangerous obstacles. It was a pleasant surprise to listen to this thing instead, and it's actually a bit sad to see all that lonely stuff floating around, especially Olimar's spaceship (lol), like an asteroid just hit there.

Yoshi's head is there, too, and that must mean Yoshi is trash. ;P

Super Mario Galaxy 1, easily. Soundtrack is amazing and galaxies like deep dark galaxy and gusty garden are just excellently designed. That's not to say SMG2 is bad, but it wasn't as memorable to me as Galaxy 2.

If I had to choose between 1 or 2 I would definitely pick 1. It was a lot more original, has cooler galaxies and a better soundtrack.

good egg galaxy still has a far better theme than gusty garden
not to say it's the best though, i much prefer stuff like the final bowser battle music and the purple coin theme

I'm outraged.
Best themes? Cosmic cove would beat space junk. The theme is way better and that place has more exploration!
Puzzle planks theme? Boo moon and haunty halls are way better than ghostly galaxy. More diverse use of the comets with better minigames. Space storm beats battlerock by a long shot! There is boss blitz, heck Starshinebeach! Beats the theme of beach bowl and is more visually appealing! Nostalgia anyone? Throwback galaxy, nostalgia part 2. And the ending of slimy springs? Good God. Galaxy 2, hands down.
Remember, this is opinion. I respect all yours.

Galaxy 1 and 2 were great games, in my opinion, had a really GREAT and relaxing music to listen to.

Back