What do you want for a new Mario game?

Oh I'm stupid, but the date in the url is 2021 and on May, so this year, but again, I have no idea what the link says. I still have a feeling it's just reiterating what I knew and am kinda waiting but am also keeping expectations to "probably won't happen because I enjoyed HW too much and can't have a Mario version of it, can we".

For Mario's 40th Anniversary, I would like a 3D Mario All Stars game. No, not the one we have last year, I mean a 3-D recreation of the original 2-D Mario platform titles.

I have no clue how would that work out considering they're on two hugely different planes and extremely different from each other.

I definitely want a more Bowser-centric game where you get to play as him. It'd be something fun I'd think for sure. I know he's a playable option in other games, but having a game from his point of view would be interesting and long past due. That might be my own bias though as he is one of my favorite characters in the series.

Why not though. Bowser's Inside Story was the closest thing to commanding from Bowser. Bowser should get his own game, though I don't feel Mario being a villain *feels* right in them.

Yeah he needs either a bigger bad like in Inside Story, or an equally bad rival like they did for Wario Land.

Why not though. Bowser's Inside Story was the closest thing to commanding from Bowser. Bowser should get his own game, though I don't feel Mario being a villain *feels* right in them.

I do agree there, having Mario as a villain would never feel right to me even. I wouldn't mind if there was some kind of new big-bad for him to face or maybe someone from the other games like Wario, Tatanga, and/or even Wart singularly or even better all three teaming up. Those three teaming up to stage a fight against him would definitely be interesting to see.

Yeah he needs either a bigger bad like in Inside Story, or an equally bad rival like they did for Wario Land.

I definitely think Wart would make a good rival in that sense. I've always had that thought about the character.

It's impossible for there to be a bigger bad because Bowser will always be the biggest bad :V

Mario will still likely be an antagonist, like he was in the Wario Land game, but he'd still just be himself, cheerful and happy to stop Bowser once again.

It's impossible for there to be a bigger bad because Bowser will always be the biggest bad :V

This is true! Though this is also my reason to bring back Wart and Tatanga while having Wario team up with them.

I was searching forums for ideas on replacements (or sequels/improvements) for the NSMB series, but all I found were complaints and no game ideas. I have a the base of a game called Super Mario 2.0, although if you post a good game idea, I may try to give the idea to Nintendo. So, any good ideas?

-Bowser Jr. :bowjr:
I've got one. Mario Odyssey 2 except it's travelling in space beyond the moon and earth. So basically Super Mario Galaxy 3 but it's called Super Mario Odyssey 2.

Mario will still likely be an antagonist, like he was in the Wario Land game, but he'd still just be himself, cheerful and happy to stop Bowser once again.
He's not an antagonist. He just made a cameo in the end and took Wario's statue. Heh.

I just don't know how you can pull off defeating Mario and giving the player satisfaction. The general audience usually don't like beating up friendly guys. It's why Mario and Peach weren't going to be punched in the face of Punch-Out for Wii (though he wasn't referee either, grumble grumble)

Well DK jr was a thing....

That's like a one-time thing. It was way before Mario had this established personality as a happy go lucky dude with round and gentle features.

Back