Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

Daisy looks so gorgeous and her voice is great. I like she became an all-around character, since she has nice power for a technique one.
I hope we can finally get amiibo of her.

Magikrazy said:
I don't think the colors have to do with anything. Just for show, probably.

It's just a guess if you're thinking about default partners...

Mario + Luigi
Peach + Daisy
Yoshi + Toad
Donkey Kong + Diddy Kong
Wario + Waluigi
Bowser + Bowser Jr.
Boo + Petey Piranha
Rosalina + Honey Queen

Mario & Luigi both look extremely pissed off in their artwork.

MnSG said:
At 1:04, there are four different colored brick blocks. I might just be guessing, but part of me thinks that red is Diddy Kong, green is Petey Piranha, and yellow is Bowser Jr.. As for purple, it would probably be a good laugh if it was Honey Queen, since in Mario Kart 7, her Birthday Girl is colored purple.

IT IS TIME

tumblr_n4rr5teBb51sk7t04o1_500.png

(Only kidding, the blocks may not correspond at all to any character colors. But on the off chance we do get Baby Waluigi or any other character that would become the character people get all pissed about in Mario spin-off rosters. I'll laugh)

Well every character is a run through of the tournaments, at least for me because I wanna star em.

Why am I not surprised that Rosalina is here?

Also, Wario's emblem changed from a W to his schnoz. Nice.

Michael Myers said:
Hopefully it's Diddy, Junior, Birdo, and Petey.

It's probably two babies, Nabbit, and Honey Queen.

that's what I'm hoping for, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi

Rosalina is pretty much going to be every spin off from here on out.

Also despite the small roster, I won't care if the quality is high. 16 unique characters is better than 30 characters with 20 being variations.

Lucina said:
Rosalina is pretty much going to be every spin off from here on out.

Duh :rolleyes:

I'm still disappointed by how much Lubba's being ignored as well. I prefer Rosalina but I just don't get how's slipped under the radar like an RPG character.

I hope jr is around. I need my doubles CPU

Also, Rosalina is what Peach used to be.

Mcmadness said:
I hope jr is around. I need my doubles CPU

Also, Rosalina is what Peach used to be.

I don't know, Rosalina looks more like Tricky type material to me.

Paratroopa most likely won't make it...

MnSG said:
I don't know, Rosalina looks more like Tricky type material to me.

I more meant personality wise.

It's the Great Pumpkin said:
Why am I not surprised that Rosalina is here?

Also, Wario's emblem changed from a W to his schnoz. Nice.
Wario used his schnoz in Tennis Open.

Man, the roster is a bit disappointing. Sixteen guys? It's about comparable to World Tour's 17 total (and four DLC). But hey, I thought World Tour is decent since Toadette, Diddy Kong, and Bowser Jr. are there.

Mcmadness said:
Mario & Luigi both look extremely pissed off in their artwork.
Render guys: Hey Mario! Pretend that you're in Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U.

Dr. Mario said:
Man, the roster is a bit disappointing. Sixteen guys? It's about comparable to World Tour's 17 total (and four DLC). But hey, I thought World Tour is decent since Toadette, Diddy Kong, and Bowser Jr. are there.

It's already quite disturbing when you know that the past Mario Tennis titles have had more playable characters to use.

I blame rising budgets on games.

MnSG said:
Dr. Mario said:

It's already quite disturbing when you know that the past Mario Tennis titles have had more playable characters to use.
Mario Tennis Open seems to have the same amount of nonDLC characters, surprisingly. The rest of the roster is rainbow trash and Metal Mario.

Also btw this game looks very pretty.

Dr. Mario said:
Mario Tennis Open seems to have the same amount of nonDLC characters, surprisingly. The rest of the roster is rainbow trash and Metal Mario.

That's a 3DS title though. Ironically, Mario Power Tennis has 18 characters total, and a GameCube disc only holds up to 1.35 GB. A 3DS game card can potentially hold up to 8 GB, and yet Mario Tennis Open's roster is quite weak without the QR code characters.

Back